It all went rather well...........

Clogiron

Rimmer's view of the GB tour, apart from the results of course! Him and Sinfield to conduct a review before the New Year and he doesn't see why Bennett shouldn't be retained as coach upto and including the World Cup.

All as expected of course, once I would have been furious at such appaling mismanagement but now I just cant be ar*ed, the same way I can't be ar*ed to attend as many games as I used to. It's not that I have given up on RL more that RL has become such a disaster that it has given up on me and what I expect of it.?

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Rimmer's view of the GB tour, apart from the results of course! Him and Sinfield to conduct a review before the New Year and he doesn't see why Bennett shouldn't be retained as coach upto and including the World Cup.

All as expected of course, once I would have been furious at such appaling mismanagement but now I just cant be ar*ed, the same way I can't be ar*ed to attend as many games as I used to. It's not that I have given up on RL more that RL has become such a disaster that it has given up on me and what I expect of it.?

I agree the reaction has been ridiculous from management and Bennett

What I think we should hear is along the lines of.... 

"This really wasnt  good enough" 

"We are disappointed and embarrassed about the tour" 

"We have a lot to work on and there will be changes" 

"People need to be held to account" 

4 hours ago, Clogiron said:

All three should have just resigned. Who has confidence any of them are capable at their jobs?

10 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Im almost at the same point. Nothing ever seems to change in RL. For me, the best thing to happen to RL was Richard Lewis in the UK...and admittedly he wasn't perfect. We desperately need someone who isn't from a RL background with a pedigree of making things happen in sports admin. 

I have nearly given up, apart from the Toronto experiment. But we've heard no leadership from SL or the RFL on the direction or vision for the game.

Guess I'll have to look forward to Warrington playing Wigan 5/6 times next year. Yay! At least its down the road...

I said that I spoke to one of the British coaches in Christchurch airport, all the team, the management and support staff (except Bennett and Sinfield, should imagine they were in the Quantas lounge ) were sat about 25 to 40 yards spread out from a group of 30 odd of us who had spent quite a bit in money following this rabble, not one of them came over to acknowledge any us to say "thanks for the support guy's" perhap's they were to embarrased to do so, it was a pretty bad show really, fwiw I bumped into the coach I said I spoke to on the way back from a comfort break.

As for Ralph Rimmer, the Cheif Executive Officer of the Rugby Football League, in his capacity/position one would have thought that touring the Southern Hemisphere as the top guy of our organisation that covering all matters for teams that are representative of this country and under his jurisdiction would be taken as a norm, well I don't know if it was an afterthought by him but the English Community Lions were touring NZ, and in discussion with a member of the media I was informed that Mr Rimmer had taken public transport from Auckland to attend the game in Rotorua a trip of some 3.5 to 4 hours, the media guy was supporting this action by Mr Rimmer, I suggested to him that for the CEO of the RFL to have to adopt this method to attend a game that one of his teams was taking part in just showed what a Mickey Mouse shambles the RFL really is, it is as though he did not know they were even playing.

I may just get rid of Sky when my contract is up, (but I have 12 months to go) I  am definatley  not attending internationals if Bennett is retained, I don't find SL entertaining any more save for the odd game but they are as rare as hens teeth, I don't like the way the game is run at the top these days it is a shambles, I will stick to watching the Championship it is much more entertaining in what is on offer on the field - and before anybody chastises me that SL teams would beat them easily, I would agree with that,  but it does not make SL any more attractive - I will also still be attending the amateur game at different age levels, I will have no shortage of getting my RL 'kicks' during the season.

I never ever thought that this would be my thought process, my missus can't believe it.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I said that I spoke to one of the British coaches in Christchurch airport, all the team, the management and support staff (except Bennett and Sinfield, should imagine they were in the Quantas lounge ) were sat about 25 to 40 yards spread out from a group of 30 odd of us who had spent quite a bit in money following this rabble, not one of them came over to acknowledge any us to say "thanks for the support guy's" perhap's they were to embarrased to do so, it was a pretty bad show really, fwiw I bumped into the coach I said I spoke to on the way back from a comfort break.

As for Ralph Rimmer, the Cheif Executive Officer of the Rugby Football League, in his capacity/position one would have thought that touring the Southern Hemisphere as the top guy of our organisation that covering all matters for teams that are representative of this country and under his jurisdiction would be taken as a norm, well I don't know if it was an afterthought by him but the English Community Lions were touring NZ, and in discussion with a member of the media I was informed that Mr Rimmer had taken public transport from Auckland to attend the game in Rotorua a trip of some 3.5 to 4 hours, the media guy was supporting this action by Mr Rimmer, I suggested to him that for the CEO of the RFL to have to adopt this method to attend a game that one of his teams was taking part in just showed what a Mickey Mouse shambles the RFL really is, it is as though he did not know they were even playing.

I may just get rid of Sky when my contract is up, (but I have 12 months to go) I  am definatley  not attending internationals if Bennett is retained, I don't find SL entertaining any more save for the odd game but they are as rare as hens teeth, I don't like the way the game is run at the top these days it is a shambles, I will stick to watching the Championship it is much more entertaining in what is on offer on the field - and before anybody chastises me that SL teams would beat them easily, I would agree with that,  but it does not make SL any more attractive - I will also still be attending the amateur game at different age levels, I will have no shortage of getting my RL 'kicks' during the season.

I never ever thought that this would be my thought process, my missus can't believe it.

I think you are taking things remarkably calmly considering the amount of money you will have payed out to follow them. I would have certainly have made my feelings known to the player's etc of what I thought of their lack of effort shown in the games.

Sadly, RL player's at the top level are becoming distanced from the supporters in a similar way to soccer player's have just with less zero's at the end of their salary. It was that connection that always made the game special, next will be the contempt and 'how dare you criticise me' attitude.

20 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I think you are taking things remarkably calmly considering the amount of money you will have payed out to follow them. I would have certainly have made my feelings known to the player's etc of what I thought of their lack of effort shown in the games.

Sadly, RL player's at the top level are becoming distanced from the supporters in a similar way to soccer player's have just with less zero's at the end of their salary. It was that connection that always made the game special, next will be the contempt and 'how dare you criticise me' attitude.

Well what I have explained from my expierience certainly agrees with your summarising.

PS, with the trip cost, meals and spending money circa 12K. for the two of us.

On 23/11/2019 at 08:15, Harry Stottle said:

That's pretty lousy behaviour all things considered. I'd expect better and disappointed they couldn't even come over and chat to you.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That's pretty lousy behaviour all things considered. I'd expect better and disappointed they couldn't even come over and chat to you.

Maybe as Clogiron eluded to they now see themselves above conversing with the fans, unlike the orchestrated PNG PR excersize for the cameras, to approach our group was something they had to do under their own fruition, sadly they just couldn't be bothered.

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe as Clogiron eluded to they now see themselves above conversing with the fans, unlike the orchestrated PNG PR excersize for the cameras, to approach our group was something they had to do under their own fruition, sadly they just couldn't be bothered.

That or they were embarrassed H. Either way it seems a huge shame.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did Sir Kev or Captain Peacock have time to thank you for going over to support them spending your hard earned cash?

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Did Sir Kev or Captain Peacock have time to thank you for going over to support them spending your hard earned cash?

Because of all the equipment both teams GB and PNG were carrying, the plane was either over weight or no room left in tge cargo hold, subsequently something had to give that just happened to be our groups luggage, left on the runway, apparently when we found out about this at baggage collection, someone said to Peacock we have no luggage because of you lot, to which it is reported he just smirked without any remorse or concern whatsoever, some if us didn't get our luggage for 30 hours.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Because of all the equipment both teams GB and PNG were carrying, the plane was either over weight or no room left in tge cargo hold, subsequently something had to give that just happened to be our groups luggage, left on the runway, apparently when we found out about this at baggage collection, someone said to Peacock we have no luggage because of you lot, to which it is reported he just smirked without any remorse or concern whatsoever, some if us didn't get our luggage for 30 hours.

Doesn't surprise me to hear that.

On 22/11/2019 at 11:37, Clogiron said:

It'll be different in November next yr, and you know it. Aus and England shouldn't have played this yr apart form the WC Nines. It's a club orientated sport, and for me that's a good thing.

24 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

It'll be different in November next yr, and you know it. Aus and England shouldn't have played this yr apart form the WC Nines. It's a club orientated sport, and for me that's a good thing.

What will be different about losing yet another series to Australia? People only think its club football that matters because the sport makes such a pigs ear of the International game.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

What will be different about losing yet another series to Australia? People only think its club football that matters because the sport makes such a pigs ear of the International game.

I've got a feeling that England are gonna win the first two next yr, yeah, i mean against Australia. 

Archived