WOT? No more rugby for how long...

19 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

... too long!

Thankfully I've plenty of games recorded to watch again over the cold winter months. 

It is one of the downsides of summer rugby tbh. No games at this time of year in RL. 

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Why a break then? 

Loads of people off work and bar sales would be great 

Ok then.

Let reverse the idea. A break between New Years day and Boxing Day. With the season running the rest of the year.

?

I am always very bored in the off season.... I am currently in Edinburgh and can see Murrayfield from my mates flat. God, just bores me even more being this close to a yawnion ground.

I think I'm just gonna use rugby subuteo to act out classic games for the next couple of months but need to build some replicas of old grounds first... just need some building materials, now to go see if my cat has done a massive pile of sh*t yet.....

28 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

The sport is played every month apart from January, its hardly a long wait. If it was to start at the beginning of March then that would build some real anticipation and more time to focus on selling it. 

Agreed. The NFL season is absurdly short but cramming it into 4-5 months makes it a massive event that people can’t wait for. The football seasons here on the other hand now seem to run into each other and I can barely get enthusiastic when August comes around these days. 

On 24/11/2019 at 03:14, Boomer Bang Wool said:

It’s cricket season here in Australia. I don’t think I could watch rugby league all year round. That goes for any sport. Variety is good 

I watch the kick and clap across the off season both on telly and some live games. That and whatever cricket tour England are doing keeps me going 

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I watch the kick and clap across the off season both on telly and some live games. That and whatever cricket tour England are doing keeps me going 

I too watch a bit of K+C, and I love my cricket. BTW why Root was ever made captain is beyond me, he never seemed right to me.

But it bothers me , or used to bother me that I couldn't relax in front of Sky Sports News for an hour and enjoy because it's all soccer talk. So even though I have little interest in the results of footy , I follow the managers and coaches, so now I know what the chat on SSN is about. Mourinho, Klopp, Guardiola etc, I don't have an interest in the scores but watching these guys on the touchline is entertaining in itself. Now if our coaches did THAT, we might get some publicity. What is the saying? All publicity is good. Lets have Powell, McDermott et al leaping up and down showing passion, arguing, get their antics on SSN, then we might get noticed.

Archived