Sign in to follow this  
Number 16

WOT? No more rugby for how long...

19 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

... too long!

Thankfully I've plenty of games recorded to watch again over the cold winter months. 

It is one of the downsides of summer rugby tbh. No games at this time of year in RL. 

2 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

It is one of the downsides of summer rugby tbh. No games at this time of year in RL. 

Whereas one of the downsides with winter rugby was no rugby in the summer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Why a break then? 

Loads of people off work and bar sales would be great 

Ok then.

Let reverse the idea. A break between New Years day and Boxing Day. With the season running the rest of the year.

😀

Edited by Li0nhead

1 minute ago, Li0nhead said:

Ok then.

Let reverse the idea. A break between News Years day and Boxing Day. With the season running the rest of the year.

😀

So a 5 day season. 

Like the Scottish RL season. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

9s tournament across the off season? 

I'd be worried about burnout of players after the 5 day season for this. Especially if they squeezed international games between Good Friday and Easter Monday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Li0nhead said:

I'd be worried about burnout of players after the 5 day season for this.

Back in the day they played a 50 games plus a tour in less time than that. 

Top quality, too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

9s tournament across the off season? 

Bingo.

Dont have to use internationals, a 6-8 week series after the international period would extend the game year round and would add  extra burden to players as these would be different players. 

I am always very bored in the off season.... I am currently in Edinburgh and can see Murrayfield from my mates flat. God, just bores me even more being this close to a yawnion ground.

I think I'm just gonna use rugby subuteo to act out classic games for the next couple of months but need to build some replicas of old grounds first... just need some building materials, now to go see if my cat has done a massive pile of sh*t yet.....

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1

The sport is played every month apart from January, its hardly a long wait. If it was to start at the beginning of March then that would build some real anticipation and more time to focus on selling it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

‘Shaun’ has uploaded all three 1990 GB v Australia Tests in full and good quality (the first Test is BBC commentary too). God bless that man.

I had that first one on VHS, a nostalgia moment there. 

28 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

The sport is played every month apart from January, its hardly a long wait. If it was to start at the beginning of March then that would build some real anticipation and more time to focus on selling it. 

Agreed. The NFL season is absurdly short but cramming it into 4-5 months makes it a massive event that people can’t wait for. The football seasons here on the other hand now seem to run into each other and I can barely get enthusiastic when August comes around these days. 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 03:14, Boomer Bang Wool said:

It’s cricket season here in Australia. I don’t think I could watch rugby league all year round. That goes for any sport. Variety is good 

I watch the kick and clap across the off season both on telly and some live games. That and whatever cricket tour England are doing keeps me going 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco