Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ELBOWSEYE

Toronto sign Singleton and Cunningham.

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Wow!

This is a paradigm shift for rugby league.

I live in  from Warrington you will have to use words I understand. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forwards need some stiffening but Cunningham was a surprise for me, not that I know much about him. Apparently they are both hard working types.

  • Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I live in  from Warrington you will have to use words I understand. 

I am not sure what he is on about but I am guessing as he has a hard on for all things Toronto, it is his attempt to mock. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RayCee said:

The forwards need some stiffening but Cunningham was a surprise for me, not that I know much about him. Apparently they are both hard working types.

They are both better than what you have in the prop and hooking department 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Big blow for London....

Wasn't it common knowledge he was leaving? Too good for the Championship. Both decent signings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly  building a squad and if they have a deal with Widnes for dual reg they willhave enough depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Wasn't it common knowledge he was leaving? Too good for the Championship. Both decent signings.

Those posting on the Broncos forum in the last few weeks weren't sure.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering when they would start announcing other signatures, do they need 4 or 5 more quality players to compete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iangidds said:

I was wondering when they would start announcing other signatures, do they need 4 or 5 more quality players to compete?

London showed this year they could compete (albeit still get relegated) keeping their Championship squad with very few additional signings. 

Toronto completely ran away with the Championship, most of their squad should really have been playing in Super League, I think they will mostly now stick with what they’ve got, obviously Sonny Bill Williams is the big addition and will add a lot to their side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RayCee said:

The forwards need some stiffening but Cunningham was a surprise for me, not that I know much about him. Apparently they are both hard working types.

Well thought of down here but surprised Wolfpack have signed him. Not a creative but decent pace and can play 80mins

Hope he plays enough to make it worthwhile giving up a starting place every game for us

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

London showed this year they could compete (albeit still get relegated) keeping their Championship squad with very few additional signings. 

Toronto completely ran away with the Championship, most of their squad should really have been playing in Super League, I think they will mostly now stick with what they’ve got, obviously Sonny Bill Williams is the big addition and will add a lot to their side. 

London signed 9 players in order to be relegated. Toronto have now signed 3?

Toronto's first choice side has a good tilt at staying up but if (or rather when) injuries strike, they have very little. No cover in the spine positions for one instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Don’t think Singleton has ever developed into what some had hoped of him. He seems a steady, middle of the road prop and nothing more. 

Bang average signings but to be fair a moderate improvement on what they had.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bang average signings but to be fair a moderate improvement on what they had.

How many quality signings can you get on a salary cap of £1.9m?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Pass. Ask St Helens.

How many have St Helens signed versus the number they have developed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...