Panto Season!

Yes,  it really is that time of the year, coming around quicker than ever, the older we get.

And the question on everybody's lips is "who is the lowest-wattage celeb appearing in your local pantomime?"

I'll also allow "who's the most forgotten Z-lister to switch on your town's Christmas lights?"

But please, to spread the joy, supply photos and posters, so we can enjoy their increasingly desperate rictus showbiz grins.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Panto Season"?!?!

Oh no it.....

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

In Bradford, we've got a Chuckle Brother, a Step, and Billy Pearce who's been in it every year since forever.

spacer.png

I remember seeing Barbara Windsor in a panto in Bradford in the 1970s and being mesmerised. She was proper famous!

Hull's Christmas lights were switched on by paralympian Sophie Carter and a local teenager called Harrison Torr who has terminal cancer. 

Harrison's story is heartbreaking. He is just 15 and has had his leg amputated because of cancer. At the start of the year he was given the all clear only for the cancer to come back and doctors have told him he has less than a year to live. He is braver and more courageous than anyone on Earth.

Please read his story here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/harris-bucket-list

The first Panto I remember going to was in the Princes Hall in Aldershot, in around 1972.

Tommy Trinder was the main attraction. I had no idea who he was but my mother knew all his catchphrases in a “Where’s me washboard” style

Hastings is stepping up from Honey G and Chico, the """""stars""""" of the last two years, to have Duncanoutofblue as the lead. Posters of him gurning have been up since June.

Meanwhile, Eastbourne is preparing to have the full megawattage of Tiny Ginger who auditioned for a 'chorus' role in Peter Pan at the Hippodrome there and has landed himself three lines and some song and dance numbers. I'll not be commenting on the sheer unbridled joy that driving between the two towns for rehearsals will be bringing. But I am very proud and he's working dang hard at it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

The first Panto I remember going to was in the Princes Hall in Aldershot, in around 1972.

Tommy Trinder was the main attraction. I had no idea who he was but my mother knew all his catchphrases in a “Where’s me washboard” style

Blimey, was Trinder still hawking his tired old act around as late as the Seventies?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

St Albans has, and I quote - "Sleeping Beauty starring the wonderfully wicked RITA SIMONS (EastEnders’ Roxy Mitchell) and children’s favourite ANDY DAY (CBeebies). The show will also star local legend, BOB GOLDING (back in a dress!), St Albans favourites IAN KIRKBY and JEMMA CARLISLE, and West End star, LISA DAVINA PHILLIP."

I don't watch soaps and I'm too old for CBeebies, so not heard of any of them.

2e1cb.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

A friend of mine lived opposite a furnished terrace house in Saltaire that is primarily occupied by actors doing shows at the Bradford Alhambra.

I live in the suburb of Clayton. One panto season, Linda Lusardi rented a bungalow here, though I never saw her myself.

I think she and Albert Pierrepoint are our only famous former residents!

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Meanwhile, Eastbourne is preparing to have the full megawattage of Tiny Ginger who auditioned for a 'chorus' role in Peter Pan at the Hippodrome there and has landed himself three lines and some song and dance numbers. I'll not be commenting on the sheer unbridled joy that driving between the two towns for rehearsals will be bringing. But I am very proud and he's working dang hard at it.

Break a leg TG! ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

17 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Hastings is stepping up from Honey G and Chico, the """""stars""""" of the last two years, to have Duncanoutofblue as the lead. Posters of him gurning have been up since June.

Watch all those  speed cameras! ?

Archived