Kruise Leeming

For who? 

EDIT: Just seen the tag.   Have to feel sorry for Brad Dwyer - he just can’t seem to get a guaranteed hooking role anywhere.   He’s very decent and seemed to be one of Leeds’ better players last year.

Not sure how to feel, really happy with Leeming but dont really want to lose Trout. If it was the only way to get the deal done, then its probably a good deal for both clubs.

We get an exciting young 9 with loads of natural ability, who strengthens our first 17 straight away and dosnt use any quota places.

Giants get a big, young England academy second row to add to there impressive group of young players, for a player who wanted out. Think they got some cash aswel.

3 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Not sure how to feel, really happy with Leeming but dont really want to lose Trout. If it was the only way to get the deal done, then its probably a good deal for both clubs.

We get an exciting young 9 with loads of natural ability, who strengthens our first 17 straight away and dosnt use any quota places.

Giants get a big, young England academy second row to add to there impressive group of young players, for a player who wanted out. Think they got some cash aswel.

Similarly, as much as I’d be keen to get Leeming, I’d be gutted to lose Trout who i thinks got immense potential. 

32 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

For who? 

EDIT: Just seen the tag.   Have to feel sorry for Brad Dwyer - he just can’t seem to get a guaranteed hooking role anywhere.   He’s very decent and seemed to be one of Leeds’ better players last year.

I'd love to take Dwyer to Hull. We've not had a recognised replacement hooker since Heremaia. Playing Houghton 80 mins a week effects him and the team

Allowing Trout to go the other way seems like Leeds were backed into a corner and Huddersfield wouldn't accept any of the other offers placed on the table. We urgently needed a British hooker (Dwyer is totally unsuited to being a starting hooker - he is suited to what was the Rob Burrow role off the bench) but letting a player who seemed to have great potential go seems foolhardy.

Huddersfield certainly getting the better deal on this one!

As someone said earlier they’re amassing a very talented young group of players through their Academy and adding Trout to them is very shrewd.

I Senior, L Senior, S Hewitt, JL Kirby, D Young, J Wardle, O Russell and O Trout

2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Huddersfield certainly getting the better deal on this one!

As someone said earlier they’re amassing a very talented young group of players through their Academy and adding Trout to them is very shrewd.

I Senior, L Senior, S Hewitt, JL Kirby, D Young, J Wardle, O Russell and O Trout

Not sure selling arguably their best player is shrewd with an automatic relegation spot from Super League...

Although gutted to be losing Leeming, if a player wants out then you either get the best deal you can for them or let them fizzle away behind the scenes.

No one player is bigger than the club, but as noted in the Seb topic, Woolford is defining the squad in to how he wants it and is planning for a couple of years in the future with the crop of youngsters that are currently at the club.

Good luck to Leeming. Kruise's control needs improvement at times, as he gives too many penalties away. Adam O'Brien had the main hooker role last season, so it is understandable that Kruise wanted a change.

Another young player for the Fartown squad in trout. Somefin of a pattern emerging..........

Archived