Catalans 2020 Launch

audois

On Friday at nearby St Esteve. Squad numbers to be announced and the new jerseys on show.Good to see also the recognition of earlier teams successes. Former players from both XIII Catalan and St Esteve to be presented covering four decades. Great to see.

datPhoto1_5daec0436a6e9_.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Leading into the Friday launch the Dragons have headed into hills for an altitude camp. The boss Bernard talking with Macca and then grilling some steaks. After the hiking part taking to the waters to finish things off.

gallery_378a2901-copier_5ddf8c2b91f13_.jpg

gallery_378a3759-copier_5ddf8c25dd4c2_.jpg

gallery_378a3817-copier_5ddf8c26af67d_.jpg

gallery_378a3980-copier_5ddf8c28c9389_.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Interesting to read an interview with S Edwards the other day who said he was looking to settle in Perpignan as it felt just like being in Wigan (well not his words exactly but he referenced the number of Wiganers in the area and how he felt at home), and he had clearly been at a Dragons training session as he commented on the drills they were doing.

Those steaks look decent.

36 minutes ago, foozler said:

Interesting to read an interview with S Edwards the other day who said he was looking to settle in Perpignan as it felt just like being in Wigan (well not his words exactly but he referenced the number of Wiganers in the area and how he felt at home), and he had clearly been at a Dragons training session as he commented on the drills they were doing.

Interesting!

1 hour ago, foozler said:

Those steaks look decent.

Uncanny that, the first thing I think of when someone mentions Roussillon is Wigan. 

McNamara has a squad of 27 players. Keeping some places open for lads in the reserve team I think. Gavin Marguerite from TO seems to be on board now . The 23 yr old centre/wing was one of the few players who showed-up for France on the recent Australian tour.

datPhoto1_5de1445a73c2c_.jpg

datPhoto1_5de13dadc5df6_.jpg

20 minutes ago, audois said:

McNamara has a squad of 27 players. Keeping some places open for lads in the reserve team I think. Gavin Marguerite from TO seems to be on board now . The 23 yr old centre/wing was one of the few players who showed-up for France on the recent Australian tour.

Catalans kits as excellent as ever. Interesting to see no Matty Smith in the squad - I assume he has been released? I haven't heard that he has signed for anyone else, so may be a free agent?

28 minutes ago, audois said:

I see 3 Frenchmen in the starting 13 jerseys. Is that the lowest on record? 

Good to see Seguier is in there, I think he has potential but needs to kick on. Interesting about Marguerite, good news as they need someone like him in the backs 

Archived