Championship odds

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I don't know why people take any notice of bookies odds on this.

I suspect those compile those odds have fairly limited knowledge - which is why London are being quoted as favourites despite losing nearly all of their first choice team, simply (I assume) because they were the relegated team.

Anybody who is actually closely following the 'comings and goings' would have Featherstone, Leigh and Toulouse as a likely top 3, with London most likely just about scraping into the Top 5.

They'd also have the Bulls as amongst the relegation candidates, at least based on the comings (scarce) and goings (many)...

The odds are only based on expert knowledge & history, in the first instance, then on probability.

I think it’s going to be another 5/6 shake up again, at the end.

A few years ago I had a go at it for 2 years and the key, for me, was patience.  I’ve never bet again since.  Now and again, knowing how weak a team was became quite fruitful.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh are making a bit of a move but I do still have doubts. They didn't look great defensively and I would worry about the composition of the squad and how Duffy can handle that. He's a great bloke but hardly a disciplinarian which would be a worry.

The success of Fev depends on Webster. Can he actually deliver as a head coach? It also depends on which Dual Reg players we get and how consistently. I assume we'll have Corey Johnson all year along with Sutcliffe and McLelland which would certainly put Fev in top 2 territory if Webster can carry on Ryan's good work.

Such a good league this year, I can't wait. With the automatic promotion place it makes it truly fascinating to see who'll replace HKR next year. ?

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived