Silly Season: Name your Expansion Town & Why

tiffers

Derby 

The Diggers 

Bright yellow Jersey with black shorts and yellow socks. Same colour as diggers. 

JCB as the headquarters are only a 30 minute drive from Derby and the owners sons friends nephew will be bank rolling the team. 

Will play out of Derby county's ground. 

Josh Hodgson will be the star player 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Name your town/team
  • Nickname for the club
  • Club colours & why
  • Kit main sponsor & why
  • Home Stadium
  • Name your marquee player.

Skegness Storm

Skeg

Purple like Melbourne

Skegness Stadium - obviously would need making into a rugby ground as it currently a speedway but it's not the first time that both have been at the same ground.

Marquee: Owen Farrell just because of the high profile

• Name your town/team
  • Nickname for the club
  • Club colours & why
  • Kit main sponsor & why
  • Home Stadium

Pontypridd RLFC

The Colliers 

Black and white - traditional colours of Pontypridd

University of South Wales - they are based in Pontypridd and have an all weather sports training facility nearby

Sardis Road - The House of Pain

Dan Biggar

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

On 26/11/2019 at 07:06, Copa said:

Winchester Round Tables

This is why we don't let Australians have history.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 26/11/2019 at 07:19, Eddie said:
  • Norfolk Iceni
  • The Carrot Crunchers
  • Black with a tasteful white red and yellow V (colours of the Norfolk flag). 
  • Colman’s Mustard (and casserole mixes)
  • Carra Rud (as its known locally)
  • Ben Youngs (he’s from round here apparently, though no idea if he’s still any good or not). 

Love it, surely the new stadium is The Queen Boudica? Got to be some reference to her in the club.. 

• 1 month later...
On 25/11/2019 at 22:35, tiffers said:

So without further ado...

Truro, Cornwall. Known as the Cornish Marauders RLFC. Will play in the Cornish colours of black with a gold & white cross - think England RL shirt.

Main sponsor will be Cornish Rattler, 7% local cyder that gets you from A to B very efficiently, delivering a cracking hangover the next day.

To play at the "Stadium for Cornwall" when completed (8k expected), prior to that will share Truro FC's home ground Treyew Rd, cap. 3,200. Should meet SL standards.

Marquee player would be Martin Taupau, he fancies swapping Manly beach for Fistral beach. I didn't fancy Zak Hardaker with alcohol at that strength around the joint...

Cornish Rebels established in 2013 who play in Black and Gold, sponsored by Doom Bar, and have an agreement to play in the Stadium for Cornwall once its built, already exists ?

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Once in this stadium, what’s the plan? Join League One?

That has to be the long term ambition for sure, in the mean time the club will continue to develop the game within schools and look to further their spread across the whole county to create a pathway from juniors through to open age rugby league. 

5 minutes ago, CornishRebel said:

That has to be the long term ambition for sure, in the mean time the club will continue to develop the game within schools and look to further their spread across the whole county to create a pathway from juniors through to open age rugby league. 

As a Saints fan, how did the link happen and what do Saints do for you?

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

As a Saints fan, how did the link happen and what do Saints do for you?

We where put in contact with the guys at Saints Foundation by a Saints fan who has a holiday home in Cornwall, after a visit and couple of phone calls we created a community development partnership. 

The foundation support all our schools and junior activity and send coaches down throughout the year when we host development days and schools competitions. They have also helped us to educate coaches to be able to deliver Rugby League sessions.

Rugby League is now the main Rugby Competition on the Cornwall School Games at Primary level with around 250 schools taking part each year. At secondary level we have around 12 schools who regularly attend our development days from years 7 to 9. In time we hope to create our own juniors with satellite clubs across the county all under the Rebels umbrella. 

2 hours ago, CornishRebel said:

Rugby League is now the main Rugby Competition on the Cornwall School Games at Primary level with around 250 schools taking part each year. At secondary level we have around 12 schools who regularly attend our development days from years 7 to 9. In time we hope to create our own juniors with satellite clubs across the county all under the Rebels umbrella. 

That is remarkable, fantastic news. Well done ? 

I haven't had a go at this yet so let's see, 

Team: Ost Berliner Rugby-Club 

Nickname: Die Spione (the spies or the spy men) 

Colours: black, red, yellow

Sponsor: Trabant (East Germany's most famous export) 

Home stadium: Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark (home to Dynamo Berliner, the Stassi's football team and just round the corner from their most notorious torture prison, Hohenshonehausen). 

Marquee: Jimmy Keinhorst, cos you know, Germany for the Germans. (and cos he's the only German international I can think of off the top of my head). 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Home stadium: Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark (home to Dynamo Berliner, the Stassi's football team and just round the corner from their most notorious torture prison, Hohenshonehausen). 

Marquee: Jimmy Keinhorst, cos you know, Germany for the Germans. (and cos he's the only German international I can think of off the top of my head). 

Not a German international but Tom Johnstone was born in Germany I believe.

3 hours ago, Rioman said:

Not a German international but Tom Johnstone was born in Germany I believe.

You mean apart from his 9 caps for Germany? 

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jimmy-keinhorst/summary.html

His brothers Nicholas and Kristian also German internationals. I believe Jimmy began his playing career playing Union for Heidelberg, a gorgeous university town near frankfurt. I once stayed in a hotel next to Heidelberg's ground. 

If there is one thing that has been done over and over on here more than anything (well up there anyway) it's international eligibility. You don't have to be born in a country to be a rugby league International for that country. Blake Austin played for Portugal for god sake! 

Edit. Just done the research, apparently the keinhorsts' father is German and called Wolfgang. 

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Plenty of goose stepping in attacking play right? 

21 hours ago, SL17 said:

You’ll probably pinch the talent..

Why shouldn’t they, if they are funding and supporting it all? 

This is exactly what more clubs should be doing in latent areas. It ultimately creates a pathway where there was not one before and creates a wider playing pool at the same time

• Name your town/team

Farsley RLFC

• Nickname for the club

The Flatcappers

• Club colours & why

Tweed Green and Yellow

• Kit main sponsor & why

Fursty Ferret Ale

• Home Stadium

Purpose build indoor dome (in a barn), 1 mile off the M62 motorway, outside of Leeds, seating 50 people. Hay       bales. Standing area of 150, Whippets free entry.

Garry Schofield

• Name your town/team

Nova Scotia RLFC

• Nickname for the club

Rampant Lions

• Club colours & why

Predominant Yellow, with Thin Red hoops... (Lion Rampant Flag of Scotland) 'Nova Scotia' means 'New Scotland' 

• Kit main sponsor & why

Cash Converters - Why let St Helens dominate the global Rugby landscape with their main sponsor?

• Home Stadium

Legion Stadium

Lachlan Coote

On 03/01/2020 at 20:06, CornishRebel said:

We where put in contact with the guys at Saints Foundation by a Saints fan who has a holiday home in Cornwall, after a visit and couple of phone calls we created a community development partnership. 

The foundation support all our schools and junior activity and send coaches down throughout the year when we host development days and schools competitions. They have also helped us to educate coaches to be able to deliver Rugby League sessions.

Best thing I’ve read on here in ages ?

Archived