2020 #10years

Batley Bob

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

And a brilliant strip as well.

Nah, we've had better tbh I think. Perhaps when we get to Wembley this year we can play in an old replica shirt, like the old Fox's one?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nah, we've had better tbh I think. Perhaps when we get to Wembley this year we can play in an old replica shirt, like the old Fox's one?

The Red and White strip of the 2009 final was tons better than the really drab shirts of the last couple of years . Additionally , the shirts of the 60s were far superior to the Fox's stuff !!

However , overall , you have to go a long way to beat the Grand Final shirts against Sheffield 

32 minutes ago, nineoil said:

However , overall , you have to go a long way to beat the Grand Final shirts against Sheffield 

The gold one... 

Again not my favourite, which is the white one with Bulldogs across the back shoulders

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

56 minutes ago, fredm said:

Have we got the same quality in the squad this year as we had then?

Cant see why not but we will no doubt find out,  But i do think we will have plenty to offer on game days with the restrictions players have had past few seasons been in wrong posistions/waterboys/ just not getting along for one reason or another, So time to repay us fans,

A fresh start with new setup,best players kept on and a few fresh faces to boost us for 2020,and also maybe another couple a players coming in, i do think we will come out guns blazing and plenty to prove this coming season as to what could a been if given right direction.. UP THE DOGGIES.:kolobok_superman:

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

One of the many things l remember of that great day was the man of the match award. They gave it to Thackrey because Widnes were looking like winning, despite Handforth playing him off of the park. 

Other than that, as perfect as Blackpool can get. 

Didn't realise that! I remember Handforth saying it meant more than the win with Cas

Ahhh DD one of the lads had a joke saying Alex Brown had won MoM. He did his interview fully believing not only was he a cup final winner, scored winning try and MoM. As Robbie Paul predicted it would be a Leigh-Widnes final there was no way a Batley player could win MoM.

Archived