McDermott signs 5-year deal with the Wolfpack

This is an absolute disgrace, what does someone from a small town in Yorkshire think they’re doing managing a foreign club, especially one with the audacity to spend money. He should stick to managing Batley or Dewsbury and be pleased about it. 

I'm a big fan of McDermott, so glad this is working out for him.

His coaching was sometimes a bit bewildering at Leeds but he held/holds the best press conferences I've ever seen. His ability to show how little he thinks of particular lines of questioning and his intolerance for idiocy was a joy to behold. 

I once saw him being heckled during a post game speech in the Long Bar at Headingley. He carried on talking, wrapped it up then made a bee line for the bloke who was calling him out, never breaking eye contact as he walked over. He asked "Are we alright mate?" with such polite menace that you could almost literally see the other fella bricking it.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

I'm a big fan of McDermott, so glad this is working out for him.

His coaching was sometimes a bit bewildering at Leeds but he held/holds the best press conferences I've ever seen. His ability to show how little he thinks of particular lines of questioning and his intolerance for idiocy was a joy to behold. 

I once saw him being heckled during a post game speech in the Long Bar at Headingley. He carried on talking, wrapped it up then made a bee line for the bloke who was calling him out, never breaking eye contact as he walked over. He asked "Are we alright mate?" with such polite menace that you could almost literally see the other fella bricking it.

Big 5 year deal which makes Argyle's Plan a new 10 year plan.  That means the goal will be to win SL within 5 years....hopefully earlier.

Lamport will be refurbished and expanded......the tilling of new fields will continue.  I would say he would be expecting to start seeing a return on investment somewhere in year 8 of the 10 Year Plan.

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

TWP have released him with still 12 months to run on his contract. As I said, contracts are worthless in this sport.

Well then why do they have 'em?   Was there any restitution made?   How much was this restitution?

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

As long as his wage is added to your SC for next season. Not an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well then why do they have 'em?   Was there any restitution made?   How much was this restitution?

Please answer the question.

15 minutes ago, SL17 said:

No you had him under contract. Any restitution has been made outside of that contract. 

An amicable agreement may have been sorted, but it all counts on the Salary Cap for next season.

Hes not the only one is he?

So you admit that restitution was made and all parties are whole...everyone is happy.

Don't worry about the salary cap questions..no worries...we have everything under control.

"Tout est sous controle"

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

So you admit that restitution was made and all parties are whole...everyone is happy.

Don't worry about the salary cap questions..no worries...we have everything under control.

"Tout est sous controle"

La-de-da....La-de-da....thread drifted already and still on page 1.   Lordy, Lordy, do most of you not have anything else to take up your time in the off-season?

I admit to a bit of confusion here. When a team 'releases' a player does that mean they have bought out his contract and he is now a free agent, or is he still under contract to the team that released him who are responsible for his salary until another team signs him.

And no, it's not entirely off topic. Mike Babcock got let go by the Leafs halfway through his 7-year $50 million contract. Kinda doubt McDermott's deal is anywhere near that... but then he doesn't have to play the Bruins.

8 hours ago, SL17 said:

Contracts are worth nowt..

And even less when a club has the cash to pay off a flop at any stage.  Look at the Premiership Football where it's quite lucrative to be a serial failure.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

It would depend on the wording of the contract, whether it's "guaranteed" or not. I know CFL/NFL football contracts aren't guaranteed,  you can cut a guy at any time, although usually the signing bonus is guaranteed since they already have it.

As far as the SC, wouldn't only players playing affect it?

8 hours ago, TIWIT said:

No.

Whatever did people talk about here 5 years ago?

8 hours ago, TIWIT said:

No.

Whatever did people talk about here 5 years ago?

You don't wanna know.

You don't wanna know.

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

You know full well.Any pay off whilst under contract is added to next season’s SC.

Clubs can’t just release a player under contract without SC consequences. 

I’ll stand by my club who followed the rules. 

Ok Derek.

Archived