5, Castleford

6, Salford

7, Catalan

8, Leeds

9, Toronto

10, Wakefield 

11, Huddersfield 

12, Hull KR

How can you reasonably put Toronto at 9...like come on!  Are you trolling?

I'm with you, toronto have a better squad then Catalans,as much as I would like to see Salford reproduce last seasons performances,I think toronto maybe around the same level. Twp don't have the greatest squad,sbw doesn't make a team,however,the team spirit is a factor,if toronto get a couple of early wins under their belts then who knows what could happen

25 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I'm with you, toronto have a better squad then Catalans,as much as I would like to see Salford reproduce last seasons performances,I think toronto maybe around the same level. Twp don't have the greatest squad,sbw doesn't make a team,however,the team spirit is a factor,if toronto get a couple of early wins under their belts then who knows what could happen

I realise the off season (in particular) nonsense has reached new levels but ...??  Toronto do not have a better "squad" than the perceived relegation favourites (not unreasonably btw) , Hull KR. Hull KR also have a playable squad of over 30 players.

Toronto currently have a squad of around 23 players, several well into their 30's. Some have poor injury records at SL level. Some have very little SL experience or have not succeeded at the level before .This squad will not be enough to complete the season and yet they have more or less spent up to the salary cap. This bad salary cap management will be their main downfall . 

Brain Noble is more than aware of this....https://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/sonny-bill-williams-toronto-wolfpack-rugby-1.5378693 and is already seeking "off the book" dispensations.

If Toronto stay up they will have done well and that is really the only goal they can possibly set.

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I realise the off season (in particular) nonsense has reached new levels but ...??  Toronto do not have a better "squad" than the perceived relegation favourites (not unreasonably btw) , Hull KR. Hull KR also have a playable squad of over 30 players.

Toronto currently have a squad of around 23 players, several well into their 30's. Some have poor injury records at SL level. Some have very little SL experience or have not succeeded at the level before .This squad will not be enough to complete the season and yet they have more or less spent up to the salary cap. This bad salary cap management will be their main downfall . 

Brain Noble is more than aware of this....https://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/sonny-bill-williams-toronto-wolfpack-rugby-1.5378693 and is already seeking "off the book" dispensations.

If Toronto stay up they will have done well and that is really the only goal they can possibly set.

in your opinion marty,however,I did state that team spirit plays a major part.London last season are a shining example of that,they competed very well and im of the opinion that Toronto are in a better position to compete than London were,that said,I do think they could have done better with the salary cap,but time will tell 

1 minute ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

in your opinion marty,however,I did state that team spirit plays a major part.London last season are a shining example of that,they competed very well and im of the opinion that Toronto are in a better position to compete than London were,that said,I do think they could have done better with the salary cap,but time will tell 

London played well beyond their assumed capabilities that is for certain.However they signed 9 new players, used over 30 players, and were still relegated. 

16 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

London played well beyond their assumed capabilities that is for certain.However they signed 9 new players, used over 30 players, and were still relegated. 

How many fewer players would Toronto need if they were not in the Challenge Cup?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

How many fewer players would Toronto need if they were not in the Challenge Cup?

How long is a piece of string K-man?  In any event, 23 men, including  your main playmaker (Wilkin) at 36 yrs old , numerous over 30's and not one player under 25 is not going to be enough to complete a full SL season.

It is going to be a lot, lot tougher than you have experienced so far.

1 hour ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

How long is a piece of string K-man?  In any event, 23 men, including  your main playmaker (Wilkin) at 36 yrs old , numerous over 30's and not one player under 25 is not going to be enough to complete a full SL season.

It is going to be a lot, lot tougher than you have experienced so far.

That is what we have beeb told every year...top 5 this year.

"Raise The Cap!"

Huddersfield have recruited well. I'm surprised at the low making many predict.

Saints look like winners, Hull KR to go down.

It will be a challenging year for Toronto, tough games every week. I'd think mid table for them. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Based on current squads:

Saints 

Wigan 

Hull 

Warrington 

Catalan

Cas

Leeds

Wakey

Salford

Huddersfield 

Toronto (based on current squad)

HullKR

Grand final - Wigan

Challenge cup - Saint's 

A few other predictions I like (from a betting perspective)

Top try scorer - Ash Handley 20/1 EW

MOS - Hastings 14/1

SL dream team 

Half back- Maloney 8/1

Back Row - Manu Mau 6/1

Archived