Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Total Rugby League

The staggering silence of the key stakeholder in Bradford Bulls saga

Recommended Posts

The fans have made their voices heard, as have the media. Yet there is one set of stakeholders who remain staggeringly silent in the case...

View the full article

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, here we go again.

Maybe other club owners are cracking on and trying to run their club at an important time of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing that could happen is a full indepedant enquiry in to the full saga. I would expect a majority vote in favour of that at the Championship meeting this week. The ones with their fingers in the pie will obviously be against it and we will see the Championship clubs really count for very little in the eyes of the RFL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments of Michael Carter on Twitter about this article are interesting. He refutes that he's done nothing (which Shaw accepted) but still isn't interested in pushing for an inquiry. Worth taking at look at for an alternative viewpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Here we go again, Another 800 posts about Bradford of which the Halifax troll will post 400 rumours he has heard.

I agree with Mathew Shaw. There should be a push by the club owners to force a full and frank independent review.The fact the RFL are paying for the lease and upkeep of Odsal is costing us all involved money and recent developments and personel involved have left a lot of people wondering. And I don't usually subscribe to conspiracies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major,  The RFL bought the lease from the Bradford Bulls therefore they have to pay for the upkeep.The lease or the Stadium is no longer anything to do with the Bradford Bulls.As far as I am aware the RFL have had an independent review of the situation and the outcome was nothing untoward has happened. Now, unless somebody can come up with concrete proof of any misdemeanours then that will be the end of the matter as far as I can see. I am not saying I agree but that is the Independent verdict and I certainly have no proof of anything untoward and neither has anybody else I am sure.Or at least nothing will come out over the situation so what is the point in going over and over with the subject.There are far more pressing issues to be sorted out than Odsal Stadium in RL at the minute and in the not too distant future.

However , you will always get the know alls trying to stir up trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i doubt at the time the rfl bought the lease to help keep bulls afloat back then, that it would now be empty and bulls had left the place high and dry.? what would have happened if rfl had said cobblers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hazard a guess that if the RFL had refused to buy the lease that would have been the end of the Bradford club and none of this nonsense with rumours,gossip and inuendos would be going on. The way this issue has been allowed to go on and on I would assume that the vast majority of genuine RL supporters are sick to the back teeth of it.Some posters will still be discussing Bradford when they are at deaths door, move on,there are far more important issues that need sorting out in the RFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So the next time you decide to bash a journalist for not doing enough, maybe you should send that question in the direction of your club’s owner instead."

Not really. It's a journalist's job to dig, or else all you are is a stenographer.

I can't think of a single RL journalist by that definition.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gingerjohn,

                 How long as this scenario been going on? Years and Years, has anybody got anywhere with it? No. Will they ever ?No. Whatever the RFL have or have not done will stay with the RFL. The Independent Review found nothing untoward,move on.This scenario seems to be going on too much in the U.K. at the moment, don,t like the decision, want another review,don,t like the decision again, go to court.We will be hearing before long , my club was robbed by a referees mistake,want the game played again.Time it was done and dusted. Move on. 

By the way if the quote about bashing a journalist was aimed at me show me where I have ever "bashed" one. They have a job to do same as the majority of other people but sometimes the time comes to move onto your next story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fairfolly said:

By the way if the quote about bashing a journalist was aimed at me show me where I have ever "bashed" one. They have a job to do same as the majority of other people but sometimes the time comes to move onto your next story.

How would it be aimed at you? It's from the article linked.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, silverback said:

i doubt at the time the rfl bought the lease to help keep bulls afloat back then, that it would now be empty and bulls had left the place high and dry.? what would have happened if rfl had said cobblers.

 

21 hours ago, fairfolly said:

I would hazard a guess that if the RFL had refused to buy the lease that would have been the end of the Bradford club and none of this nonsense with rumours,gossip and inuendos would be going on. The way this issue has been allowed to go on and on I would assume that the vast majority of genuine RL supporters are sick to the back teeth of it.Some posters will still be discussing Bradford when they are at deaths door, move on,there are far more important issues that need sorting out in the RFL.

I don't understand why people keep peddling this nonsense. The RFL didn't buy the lease to help the Bulls, they did it to save themselves. The time for the RFL to say cobblers was 4months before when they gave Bulls a £600k UNSECURED loan. If they'd said cobblers then, the Bulls would have gone into admin with a cash flow problem, about £1.5m debt but crucially still owning a £1.5m asset (lease) and also the goodwill of the wider RL community. I've no idea if they would have survived or not. Pure guesswork. But they were in a better shape then.

When the RFL worked out the Bulls were still in trouble, they bricked themselves and converted their UNSECURED loan into the only asset the Bulls had - the lease. I still don't understand why the administrator didn't look at that move 6 months later.

If the RFL hadn't taken the lease, they could kiss their UNSECURED loan goodbye 6months later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

 

I don't understand why people keep peddling this nonsense. The RFL didn't buy the lease to help the Bulls, they did it to save themselves. The time for the RFL to say cobblers was 4months before when they gave Bulls a £600k UNSECURED loan. If they'd said cobblers then, the Bulls would have gone into admin with a cash flow problem, about £1.5m debt but crucially still owning a £1.5m asset (lease) and also the goodwill of the wider RL community. I've no idea if they would have survived or not. Pure guesswork. But they were in a better shape then.

When the RFL worked out the Bulls were still in trouble, they bricked themselves and converted their UNSECURED loan into the only asset the Bulls had - the lease. I still don't understand why the administrator didn't look at that move 6 months later.

If the RFL hadn't taken the lease, they could kiss their UNSECURED loan goodbye 6months later.

So they didn't buy the lease on Odsal to help the Bulls, they just gave them a £600k UNSECURED loan to help the Bulls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Click said:

So they didn't buy the lease on Odsal to help the Bulls, they just gave them a £600k UNSECURED loan to help the Bulls?

Yep. Finally. Someone gets it.

I hope that the conversation had more to it than:

Hood - we're in a spot of bother

RFL - oh dear, how can we help?

Hood - Well, this is the time of year when cashflow is poor, any chance you could give us a loan?

RFL - of course, we give small loans to our member clubs at this time of year all the time.

Hood - £600k please

RFL - that's fine. Not to be picky, you will be able to pay us back?

Hood - yes, I have a cunning plan

RFL - that's ok then, as long as it's cunning. It'll have to be a secret loan, as the other 40 clubs might not understand.

Hood - no worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...