Toulouse away

DEANO

35 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Livening up in pub o clock. 

Live it up guys..thanks to Ourleague I can watch from Toronto.!  The Kneets have to beat Toulouse this year if they wanna go up..they can do it...

My immediate angry reaction to what I've just witnessed is thats the worst final quarter by a Knights side for quite some time. 10-6 up with a man extra, the lack of game management was stunning to say the least. The commentators were praising Toulouse for never giving up but our players certainly gave them a helping hand.   All that considerable effort for an hour wasted.     Rant over. 

If the Knights can build on the first hour and cut out the errors we should be ok this season. Thought Will Sharp was our man of the match by a mile. Great to see the Knights flags on display.

16 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

My immediate angry reaction to what I've just witnessed is thats the worst final quarter by a Knights side for quite some time. 10-6 up with a man extra, the lack of game management was stunning to say the least. The commentators were praising Toulouse for never giving up but our players certainly gave them a helping hand.   All that considerable effort for an hour wasted.     Rant over. 

If the Knights can build on the first hour and cut out the errors we should be ok this season. Thought Will Sharp was our man of the match by a mile. Great to see the Knights flags on display.

Early days mate , Toulouse are a class act , we will and are still learning , thought it was a decent performance from a knights side with quite a few still missing, hopefully Bradford will feel the wrath of a dissatisfied team next week.???

Heaps of errors from both sides, from what I have seen so far this year I don't think our new signings have improved the side one jot. We looked leggy n tired in that final 10mins, which is not what weve come to expect.

Still time for things go click into place though. Fordy will see us reet I'm sure.

Keep at em York.

Think that’s a little harsh. Thought the Knights were unlucky not to go in ahead at the break and deservedly took the lead in the second period. But I only saw the game up to the point where Connor got injured, then my internet crashed, which I think evened the sides up numbers wise as we had made all our subs. Toulouse are quality and can score from pretty much anywhere on the pitch. Can’t help but feel that this one got away though. Sharp mom for me. Still got Perry, Jimmy, James and Kriss to come back.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

We could, and probably should have won. But Toulouse are a very good side with threats all over the park. It is small margins that win these games and tonight the rub of the green was with Toulouse. Not many teams will win there, thay are a class act. Matty Marsh was the best player on the park tonight, he was outstanding. 

I am going to stick my neck out now and say Toulouse won't lose at home all season. The pitch they have there is  wide, they have quality all over the park especially wingers, they are exceptionally quick and powerful too. The pitch was holding plenty of water and you could see that was the reason why some ball control was a struggle with plenty of juggling going on. Ironically how many times do you see a side with 12 do better as they work harder for each other. We will keep progressing 

I was only able to watch the last 15mins so was on a bit of a downer after the match as I thought we weren’t composed enough towards the end. Saying that I’d have taken a 12 point defeat before the match, also from what I saw we looked far more dangerous with the ball than the 2 friendlies (Halifax and Bradford) I went to. 

Let me put it this way, I’m a bit happier after round 1 this season than I was after the first game (vs Toronto) last year. 

The thing that worries me is how we have finished our games off this year.

4 games played, and the last 15 mins of each game has been poor. Which has never been the case b4 with fordy at the helm. ( I know we can say in the friendlies we had experimental teams out by the end but even so)

Sunday's game is a pivotal game for the season  for me, we need to get everyone n anyone down to B.C. to roar on the Kneets, 

Come on york!

Archived