Missing Post

RoryBel

2 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

To be honest these things can get out of hand.  Owen Oyston and his son a case in example.  My Mazey does need to remember you will be challenged on potentially changing the name of a sporting institution like Swinton.  However flip it over and he is not far wrong when Mazey says these clubs change or die.

I think most Swinton fans have been honest in there assessments of our new board. There are always people who disagree but I've only seen one person who totally backed this board without seeing any negatives. I'm not sure how you can be okay with someone changing the name of your club but progress is a funny thing. I hope these rich boys have learnt there lesson about fan feedback as I wont be holding back on my assessments of the club this season. I think I'll have to get Mary to sell her collection of Clarice Cliff to cover my legal fees. 

Harold 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You've got to try and shed this negative attitude Anita...its not doing you any good whatsoever.  Be more like Ste 81 and you should reread his comment above yours.

Remember that when you are a groundbreaking agent for change it is never easy...you have to be brave.

Shed you negative Karma Anita!...turn that old complaining book to a new page!...a new age is dawning!..."THE AGE OF THE WOLFPACK!"

Can I  count you in Anita (remember you have to be brave though)?

I can understand your excitement of getting into Super League with your team of buy ins,now enhanced with the arrival Sonny Bill. What Anita is saying,and I totally agree,is that Toronto is doing next to nothing for the future of the game. How many junior players do you have in Toronto? How many senior clubs in Toronto,whose best players should be pushing to get into the first team? How is Canada doing in qualifying for the next World Cup? I don`t see your club doing anything for the future of the game,just paying out ridiculous wages for over the hill players,Sonny Bill being a prime example of that.

17 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You've got to try and shed this negative attitude Anita...its not doing you any good whatsoever.  Be more like Ste 81 and you should reread his comment above yours.

Remember that when you are a groundbreaking agent for change it is never easy...you have to be brave.

Shed you negative Karma Anita!...turn that old complaining book to a new page!...a new age is dawning!..."THE AGE OF THE WOLFPACK!"

Can I  count you in Anita (remember you have to be brave though)?

I can understand your excitement of getting into Super League with your team of buy ins,now enhanced with the arrival Sonny Bill. What Anita is saying,and I totally agree,is that Toronto is doing next to nothing for the future of the game. How many junior players do you have in Toronto? How many senior clubs in Toronto,whose best players should be pushing to get into the first team? How is Canada doing in qualifying for the next World Cup? I don`t see your club doing anything for the future of the game,just paying out ridiculous wages for over the hill players,Sonny Bill being a prime example of that.

6 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

We are working hard on all of those things but give us some time!  Your expectations, in such a short time, are nothing short of ridiculous.

What other club would you expect to do such things with NO central funding?  If we had the central funding all that you ask would be given and MORE.  What other club has to pay all the travel expenses and ancillary costs for visiting teams?  If folks payed their own way all that you ask would be given and even MORE.  You people have to get your house in order over there...we will not be making the same errors that have been constantly repeated in the past....we create a new path.

What you fail to comprehend is that our club IS the future of the game....come...join us!

"Raise The Cap!"

P.S.  Sonny Bill is worth every penny.

6 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

Ah....its that central funding argument he is on about. I wonder how much central funding Jamaica, Greece, Lebanon have received....they have all won the right to play at the next world cup. Meanwhile the only north american team in the super league ( or should that be the only Leigh based team in superleague) will have no interest in that tournament. Unlike Super League, you cannot simply buy a place in the world cup. 

They will all be watching ice hockey when the world cup is on.

13 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Ah....its that central funding argument he is on about. I wonder how much central funding Jamaica, Greece, Lebanon have received....they have all won the right to play at the next world cup. Meanwhile the only north american team in the super league ( or should that be the only Leigh based team in superleague) will have no interest in that tournament. Unlike Super League, you cannot simply buy a place in the world cup. 

Ahh...its the Leigh thing she is on about again!   Just to point it out to you but those countries you mention are not rugby clubs in the league....its like saying that Leigh is somehow responsible for the Gr. Britain fiasco in the Southern Hemisphere....ridiculous.

According to your false logic it is actually Leigh that is responsible for the development of the national team in Canada...bizarre...BIZARRO!!!!!

You gotta let the Leigh thing go. We love Leigh over here in Toronto (have you any up and coming talent we can sign right now; we will throw you a few scraps for him...I know ...I know....anything we send would be greatly appreciated; the needy cousin routine again).

Leigh can always trust their betters in Toronto.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Ahh...its the Leigh thing she is on about again!   Just to point it out to you but those countries you mention are not rugby clubs in the league....its like saying that Leigh is somehow responsible for the Gr. Britain fiasco in the Southern Hemisphere....ridiculous.

According to your false logic it is actually Leigh that is responsible for the development of the national team in Canada...bizarre...BIZARRO!!!!!

You gotta let the Leigh thing go. We love Leigh over here in Toronto (have you any up and coming talent we can sign right now; we will throw you a few scraps for him...I know ...I know....anything we send would be greatly appreciated; the needy cousin routine again).

Leigh can always trust their betters in Toronto.

You may like Leigh over in Canada but let's face facts people from Leigh don't even like Leigh. It's a dump. Was even worse when  Hilton Park was in existence. 

29 minutes ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

You may like Leigh over in Canada but let's face facts people from Leigh don't even like Leigh. It's a dump. Was even worse when  Hilton Park was in existence. 

Anita's comment just confirms what you have postulated....the woman is miserable and hates everything Toronto.  We seem to have our main rivalry with them (hopefully with some SL clubs soon) AND WE DO ENJOY TANNING THEIR ***** OVER AND OVER AGAIN....they don't learn too quick in Leigh do they?

16 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

In all their years of existence - how many junior players (or senior clubs) have Rochdale Hornets produced?

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

How many players introduced to Rugby League by Rochdale Hornets will be in the world cup (or any game for that matter)?

1 minute ago, white rose ranger said:

In all their years of existence - how many junior players (or senior clubs) have Rochdale Hornets produced?

Plenty mate. Far to many to mention on here. When I was a kid in the fifties and sixties every secondary school in Rochdale had rugby league teams,except the hoity-toity Grammer School. A lot of those kids would`ve gone on to play amateur footy for the half dozen or so amateur teams in the area,then gone on to play for Hornets or other teams in the then thirty team RL. That`s the point,Rochdale and plenty of other towns in the north have contributed to the 120 odd years that the game`s been played. Toronto have contributed nothing.

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

What percentage of the £millions of central funding Rochdale Hornets have received over the years has gone on a) developing the game, b) paying players?

7 minutes ago, DiddyDave said:

Plenty mate. Far to many to mention on here. When I was a kid in the fifties and sixties every secondary school in Rochdale had rugby league teams,except the hoity-toity Grammer School. A lot of those kids would`ve gone on to play amateur footy for the half dozen or so amateur teams in the area,then gone on to play for Hornets or other teams in the then thirty team RL. That`s the point,Rochdale and plenty of other towns in the north have contributed to the 120 odd years that the game`s been played. Toronto have contributed 

So none by Rochdale Hornets. Plenty by volunteers at amateur clubs and schools, that got / get no central funding from the RFL. But none developed Rochdale Hornets.

Did you get other kids to do your homework when you were in school?

well if you want to start with today...how about matt ashton, championship team of the year....oh and check the champions St Helens.....let me know if you need further help.

Id expect nothing else from someone with a white rose moniker (or is it blinkers)

4 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

well if you want to start with today...how about matt ashton, championship team of the year....oh and check the champions St Helens.....let me know if you need further help.

Id expect nothing else from someone with a white rose moniker (or is it blinkers)

Yes but they were not 'produced or developed' by Rochdale Hornets!!!! That's the great work of Rochdale Mayfield, who Hornets keep taking players from and reaping the glory 

13 minutes ago, white rose ranger said:

So none by Rochdale Hornets. Plenty by volunteers at amateur clubs and schools, that got / get no central funding from the RFL. But none developed Rochdale Hornets.

Have you just fallen off the Christmas tree or summat? All sportsmen/women have to start somewhere,Rochdale Hornets like every other sporting organisation in the world sign players and hopefully make them into better ones. Do you expect somebody to rock up to Old Trafford having never kicked a football in their lives and expect OGS to show them how it`s done and pick them to play against Liverpool  the following Saturday? Give us a break.

14 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Wrong. All amateur club developed. Try again.

12 minutes ago, DiddyDave said:

Have you just fallen off the Christmas tree or summat? All sportsmen/women have to start somewhere,Rochdale Hornets like every other sporting organisation in the world sign players and hopefully make them into better ones. Do you expect somebody to rock up to Old Trafford having never kicked a football in their lives and expect OGS to show them how it`s done and pick them to play against Liverpool  the following Saturday? Give us a break.

Ah! So since formation Rochdale Hornets have used players introduced to the game by others and developed by others, whilst making little or no attempt to use central funding for such introductions. 

What do you think Toronto are doing wrong again

33 minutes ago, RoryBel said:

Yes but they were not 'produced or developed' by Rochdale Hornets!!!! That's the great work of Rochdale Mayfield, who Hornets keep taking players from and reaping the glory 

So where did Mayfield get its player from? No matter,Rochdale as a town promotes the game of Rugby League. Toronto does not and never has. Has that point sunk in yet?

13 minutes ago, DiddyDave said:

So where did Mayfield get its player from? No matter,Rochdale as a town promotes the game of Rugby League. Toronto does not and never has. Has that point sunk in yet?

Toronto as a city promotes the game of Rugby League - to a much bigger audience than Rochdale Hornets.

I'll ask once more - what do you think they are doing wrong again?

7 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

But that wasn't the question that was asked was it? They asked how many player had Hornets developed. 

Archived