Missing Post

RoryBel

I started playing League in the early 70's with Hornets Colts. A very high percentage went on to play for Hornets, some of whom transfered bringing  in big money. Although successful, I think the best way is the Saddleworth way, they where the first team I remember having a great youth set up. Mayfield now have this in place so young kids can go with their families at little cost. They soon learn not only how to play the game but also bonding and and friendships that last year's. Some players don't want Pro rugby like the Great Jimmy Powers and that's fine others may step up through the semi pro levels and then onto Super League. It's a shame there aren't more amateur teams playing but I don't think it's the game dying it's more the cost of insurance and paying for somewhere to play. Perhaps instead of bringing in rules about how long the stop clock lasts ( bloody trivial) bring in a law making clubs pay a set fee when signing an amateur to aid development. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochdale and Oldham as Rugby League towns have produced some belting players over the years.  Sadly I just dont think the cash has ever been available to keep the better ones and allow the pro clubs to really become cemented in the top echelons of the professional game.  Mayfield and Saddleworth are now maybe bettter run than the pro clubs.  Saddleworth are better than Oldham in every way except they get no hand out every year.

20 hours ago, RoryBel said:

But that wasn't the question that was asked was it? They asked how many player had Hornets developed. 

A bloody sight more than Toronto that`s for sure. I`ll leave it at that,put your pedantic,nonsensical questions onto some other thread. 

On 01/12/2019 at 03:40, DiddyDave said:

A bloody sight more than Toronto that`s for sure. I`ll leave it at that,put your pedantic,nonsensical questions onto some other thread. 

Take you head from out of your rectum and re-read the thread and you will then realise it wasn't me that asked the question in the first place. Then do yourself a favour and take your own pedantic, nonsensical response and go and bore someone else. Absolute tool. 

Well there is an intelligent response....why are people allowed to get away with the offensive posting and personal abuse.

It has nothing to do with different views on what different clubs offer to the game of RL.

Isnt it time the moderator stepped in to stopthis nonsense?

That's all we need more Canadian and American teams coming into the League. The way they would swell the gates over here with their traveling supporters (NOT) would be a financial disaster for the British Clubs. At our level we are dependant on our home supporters but also an away following is a massive bonus. With less and less coming their way from the RFL any money through the turnstile is going to be a lifesaver for clubs like ours.

When you look at the make up of the Toronto team its made up of British and Australian players. Why not produce your own rather than by success with an open cheque book.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

14 hours ago, Big Doug said:

That's all we need more Canadian and American teams coming into the League. The way they would swell the gates over here with their traveling supporters (NOT) would be a financial disaster for the British Clubs. At our level we are dependant on our home supporters but also an away following is a massive bonus. With less and less coming their way from the RFL any money through the turnstile is going to be a lifesaver for clubs like ours.

When you look at the make up of the Toronto team its made up of British and Australian players. Why not produce your own rather than by success with an open cheque book.

This worries me too I understand the need for a bigger TV audience and a better marketing strategy. Could this mean we have our name changed to make sure we can compete with these teams. As much as I am proud of my hometown nobody in America has heard of Rochdale but lots of them have heard of Manchester. Are the board planning this behind our backs?

1 hour ago, RoryBel said:

I don't think that's going to happen. I think it's been made pretty clear by the board that it wont happen. I'm pretty confident that the same mistake wont happen. Then again, who knows. ?‍♂️ the new board do sound promising. 

That is the scary thing I was talking to Mary last night before she went to bingo about this. It is the fear of the unknown. Nobody knows what they are planning. They promised Swinton fans the name wouldn't change then they tried to change it anyway. Someone mentioned something to do with the tax people and the name not changing with them but if you read the morning paper and its Manchester Hornets then nobody cares what the tax office has us down as. Anyway I think Mary got fed up of me as she left on the ring and ride before she said goodbye. This uncertainty is setting Marys IBS off and my gout is driving me to distraction. The fear of the unknown and the fact that rich folk with no connection to this town could be plotting to take away our name is causing me no end of problems. 

Harold 

Hello, First post from me.  I am a lifelong Leigh supporter and a 100% Andy Mazey supporter., and I hope he gets the job done for Hornets.

Despite a few mistakes at Swinton , just look where he has left them. 

1.  Best league position for 27 years
  2.  A strong squad for next season
  3.  A sustainable budget for next year

Swinton fans did not want the name change so they got their wishes. Its up to them to support the new Swinton board now.

I know there was some anxiety caused by the name change at Swinton but the club has had a fantastic few seasons under Andy, and has been left in a great place.

I will be attending Swinton games next season to watch that great young team and catch up with some lovely passionate supporters that  I met watching the Lions while standing on the 25 yard line.

I will also be coming to Hornets home games because I am sure we will see a great effort from the team and town next year if the management changes happen.

The bottom line is that Rugby League needs more interest / publicity, and who can we honestly say that both the Swinton and Rochdale clubs have had this level of publicity  for quite a few years.

Matt Calland also seems pretty positive ?

https://twitter.com/andy_mazey/status/1201495602447683584/photo/1

Enjoy the ride folks. The past is behind us and should be respected, but the future is what we make it !

40 minutes ago, Joe 90 said:

Hello, First post from me.  I am a lifelong Leigh supporter and a 100% Andy Mazey supporter., and I hope he gets the job done for Hornets.

Swinton fans did not want the name change so they got their wishes. Its up to them to support the new Swinton board now.

I know there was some anxiety caused by the name change at Swinton but the club has had a fantastic few seasons under Andy, and has been left in a great place.

I will be attending Swinton games next season to watch that great young team and catch up with some lovely passionate supporters that  I met watching the Lions while standing on the 25 yard line.

I will also be coming to Hornets home games because I am sure we will see a great effort from the team and town next year if the management changes happen.

The bottom line is that Rugby League needs more interest / publicity, and who can we honestly say that both the Swinton and Rochdale clubs have had this level of publicity  for quite a few years.

Enjoy the ride folks. The past is behind us and should be respected, but the future is what we make it !

There is an old Jewish proverb that my old headteacher Mr Llewelyn quoted that goes something like this. If someone calls you a horse you turn the other cheek, if they call you a horse again you ask them not to, if they call you a horse again you punch them on the nose, if they call you a horse again....well its time to buy yourself a saddle this has left me very wary of people. 

I thank you for your post Joe 90 but one thing concerns me. If your a Leigh fan why would you go watching other teams. I would never dream of going watching another side as I would be watching the team I support especially not local teams that I have a healthy hatred for. Next why would you support any single man unless you were in some for of personal relationship with them do not get me wrong Zac my grandson has on many occasions told me I am not very understanding of two men in a relationship but over the past few years I have come to understand that love takes many forms. I hold no grudges as I was a member of church where the organ player ran off with the curate. There wives were rather upset but I am proud to call then my friends. Me and Mary often have them over for a Sunday roast as they are a fan of Marys Lamb. I have totally lost what i was thinking now.

But lets say this. I will be wary until I have seen a few seasons of this and no backdoor name changed are afoot. Excuse the pun hahah.  

Harold 

1 hour ago, Joe 90 said:

Great post Joe.

Good luck Hornets, RL is stronger for having Andy and his team back involved and our loss is most definitely Rochdale's gain.

10 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Great post Joe.

Good luck Hornets, RL is stronger for having Andy and his team back involved and Swinton loss is most definitely Rochdale's gain.

Well for a Swinton fan you do not give much love to your team. I would suggest you found another team to watch next season but please do not come watching us as I am not a fan of turncoats. 

Harold. 

1 hour ago, Lions4ever said:

And now it starts, you get the "Leigh people" telling you how perfect Mr Mazey is. You couldn't get a post mm the swinton forum because it was jammed full of the Leigh people's post.

Maybe Leigh is the club for him..

Well I was saying to Mary this week I do not know why he has not bought the club he supports. When I met Mary she was a big woman it is what attracted her to me in the first place. But she had a friend that was a lot thinner called Susan. Susan loved money so I knew she was not the woman for me. Maybe Leigh is just a step to far for most people as Beauford at Leigh has a lot of money. 

Harold 

27 minutes ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Well for a Swinton fan you do not give much love to your team. I would suggest you found another team to watch next season but please do not come watching us as I am not a fan of turncoats. 

Harold. 

Us ?

Its clear from timing's, the date of the creation of your account here and your subsequent mischief making posts on both clubs pages that your one of our resident social media trolls playing games....

Im no turncoat, I was bitterly disappointed by what happened but will back the new board and will be at Whitehaven supporting my team as I have always have done.

31 minutes ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Harold. 

??? I'm wondering who Harold really is.. absolutely hilarious ?

38 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Us ?

Its clear from timing's, the date of the creation of your account here and your subsequent mischief making posts on both clubs pages that your one of our resident social media trolls playing games....

Im no turncoat, I was bitterly disappointed by what happened but will back the new board and will be at Whitehaven supporting my team as I have always have done.

Well Mr R Lion if you come down to Hornets this year you will see me. I do not hide behind fake names unlike some people. I will be at as many games as my gout allows and if you ask about you will find me. Please do not insinuate that I do not hold the best interest of the club at heart. I have been honest about my family and my situation, unlike you I do not hide on the internet. I find your post very disappointing, now I can see why other Swinton fans do not like you! As Zac would say how do you like those apples! 

Harold 

7 hours ago, Lions4ever said:

And now it starts, you get the "Leigh people" telling you how perfect Mr Mazey is. You couldn't get a post mm the swinton forum because it was jammed full of the Leigh people's post.

Maybe Leigh is the club for him..

I’m sure there’s a name for the behaviour we are seeing again. It’s almost too easy to predict what he does next. Inventing/Producing characters to publicly worship him then endorsing that characters proclamations. Sure seems needy!

6 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Us ?

Hi mate. Please come over and say hello at the Whitehaven game. I will give you a personal apology for insinuating you were Mr Mazey. Forgive me for getting carried away. I’m glad you are a loyal fan and grateful for your continued support of the Lions. Just let me know where you’ll be in the ground and I’ll pop over. There’s a beer or two on me that’s a promise ?

Peace mate. 

2 hours ago, Bouchiere said:

Hi mate. Please come over and say hello at the Whitehaven game. I will give you a personal apology for insinuating you were Mr Mazey. Forgive me for getting carried away. I’m glad you are a loyal fan and grateful for your continued support of the Lions. Just let me know where you’ll be in the ground and I’ll pop over. There’s a beer or two on me that’s a promise ?

Peace mate. 

No worries.

i shall  be at the friendlies and hope to make the pop up shop at the Swan so private message me here and we can arrange to have a beer ?

2 hours ago, Bouchiere said:

Peace mate. 

No worries.

i shall  be at the friendlies and hope to make the pop up shop at the Swan so private message me here and we can arrange to have a beer ?

Archived