Missing Post

RoryBel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a very interesting thread, it seems there are a few Swinton fans I would class as fools, that Gas Man bloke and this Lion who thinks he is Rampant. Its a shame they have taken over our page and that I was drawn into it. I had a telling off this morning at 5am when making myself dippy egg and some soldiers. Mary came fuming into the kitchen of our bungalow going mad as I have woken her up early again and been talking none stop about a future nobody can predict. I mean a few people know what the future holds but so far it has been positive. I know it was the same at Swinton before it all went wrong. I do have issues with folk who cannot present or see a balanced argument but that comes from many years in the forces twinned with my love of Big Brother India. 

I think for now I will go back to trying to calm down as my nurse told me my blood pressure was up again. I am looking forward to the new season one way or another and I am sure you will be hearing lots from me over the season as those of you who know me will know i cannot keep my gob shut. 

Oh and for those that are interested Mary won the meat raffle at bingo the other night so it is steak for tea later. I cannot wait as she does an amazing perppecorn sauce and dauphinoise potatoes that I will demolish when I get back from the hospital. 

Harold. 

On 05/12/2019 at 12:46, WorrieDaleFan said:

This has been a very interesting thread, it seems there are a few Swinton fans I would class as fools, that Gas Man bloke and this Lion who thinks he is Rampant. Its a shame they have taken over our page and that I was drawn into it. I had a telling off this morning at 5am when making myself dippy egg and some soldiers. Mary came fuming into the kitchen of our bungalow going mad as I have woken her up early again and been talking none stop about a future nobody can predict. I mean a few people know what the future holds but so far it has been positive. I know it was the same at Swinton before it all went wrong. I do have issues with folk who cannot present or see a balanced argument but that comes from many years in the forces twinned with my love of Big Brother India. 

I think for now I will go back to trying to calm down as my nurse told me my blood pressure was up again. I am looking forward to the new season one way or another and I am sure you will be hearing lots from me over the season as those of you who know me will know i cannot keep my gob shut. 

Oh and for those that are interested Mary won the meat raffle at bingo the other night so it is steak for tea later. I cannot wait as she does an amazing perppecorn sauce and dauphinoise potatoes that I will demolish when I get back from the hospital. 

Harold. 

I don’t know why you would class me as a fool as I for my club Swinton Lions only want what is the best for them,whatever it may be and I also want to see your club Rochdale do well too.I don’t have a grudge against Hornets.
But there we are.

On 06/12/2019 at 21:03, Robthegasman said:

I don’t know why you would class me as a fool as I for my club Swinton Lions only want what is the best for them,whatever it may be and I also want to see your club Rochdale do well too.I don’t have a grudge against Hornets.
But there we are.

I class you as a fool because of you input to the post on the Swinton forum. You made mention of fallen soldiers. They way you described them showed a massive lack of understanding and empathy within your character. For this I am not even sorry! 

Harold 

20 hours ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

I class you as a fool because of you input to the post on the Swinton forum. You made mention of fallen soldiers. They way you described them showed a massive lack of understanding and empathy within your character. For this I am not even sorry! 

Harold 

Maybe I am a bit harsh when it comes to fallen enemy soldiers I admit.Ok I grant you I have never had to fight like you did and believe me I respect you for fighting for this country and it’s citizens,and I genuinely mean that,but I had relatives,loved ones who saw things no human being should have ever seen and the damage it did to them,so yes maybe that forms my judgement on that score.

Now as for the rugby league side of things I want what is best and right for the club I support,whatever that may be now and in future,a future I might add is a very uncertain one post 2021 season end which again I might add is only(roughly give or take)about 26 home games for both our clubs,and that is not much time to get things done and done right.And the reason of course is so it seems centred round any potential new TV deal.And of course you quite correctly want what is best for Hornets and I absolutely agree with you on that.I am not sure what the situation is there now but I get the impression that Hornets will be taken over soon.

Anyway I shall sign off now.

Rob

3 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Maybe I am a bit harsh when it comes to fallen enemy soldiers I admit.Ok I grant you I have never had to fight like you did and believe me I respect you for fighting for this country and it’s citizens,and I genuinely mean that,but I had relatives,loved ones who saw things no human being should have ever seen and the damage it did to them,so yes maybe that forms my judgement on that score.

Now as for the rugby league side of things I want what is best and right for the club I support,whatever that may be now and in future,a future I might add is a very uncertain one post 2021 season end which again I might add is only(roughly give or take)about 26 home games for both our clubs,and that is not much time to get things done and done right.And the reason of course is so it seems centred round any potential new TV deal.And of course you quite correctly want what is best for Hornets and I absolutely agree with you on that.I am not sure what the situation is there now but I get the impression that Hornets will be taken over soon.

Anyway I shall sign off now.

Rob

Thank you for your response and your admission you got it wrong, it takes a real man to admit they have been a fool. I hope your cub survive past 2021 as I hope all of our local rivals do. One thing I would say is this. If you as you say you do want the best for your club then please back the club your support. Rugby League is on its backside and you and countless others need to stand up and be counted. Pull together with all the fans and leave your egos at the door. Hornets have almost been destroyed by egos in the past. I hope the new board are somewhat ego free. I would not want to see anyone's club go out of existence becasue of it. 

Harold 

Archived