Next season’s predictions.

Robthegasman

Well what is the prediction for us next season then?

Thankfully a lot of the re-signings were done before the end of last season which certainly keeps continuity.Along with a few new signings who should hopefully gel with the existing players with maybe more to come.I am not sure what the DR agreement with Wigan will be as reserve grade rugby is back in Super League,will we get less now?Not sure there.

I am however optimistic that we can once again hold our own in this tough division though no doubt we will miss Matty Ashton immensely following his move to Warrington which he richly deserved and earned.

I think we will stay up and I think we can get maybe 10th or 11th spot,which I would be more than happy with.

Well I think its a big plus that the majority of the squad have been retained and I hope that some of the younger players signed in the close season prove as a success as Ashton was.

The first match away at Whitehaven will be a stern test and if the team wins there then it would be a very promising start. I think as always our half backs are key and last season Fairclough and Hansen were really good together. I am sure the pack will again compete with any team in the division.

I would like to see Lloyd in the 2nd row rather than centre and possibly Thomas at full back ?

I too don't know what will happen with DR

Roll on February that's what I say

there's not many easy games in the championship ,if we can match last season i will be more than happy ,Matty Ashton will be a big miss for us ,made a lot of tries from nothing when the games was close ,would expect to finish above Oldham and Whiteheaven , but there's no garantee's of that .will have to wait and see if  the players can  all preform to the best of their ability's and no bad injury's like last season 

The close season has had the shenanigans of late,we all have our opinions and thoughts.

The Lad’s who pull on the shirt deserve all the support and I think the squad is good enough to once again consolidate our position in the Championship.

I think home form against the teams in and around us will be the key. I think if we can win half the home games we will be fine.

I think the target games will be the clubs in and around the region where we are likely to be.

Getting maximum points against Oldham,Whitehaven,Dewsbury,Batley(H and hopefully some away of those)is vital.And if we can beat Halifax and Sheffield at home too then that is the icing on the cake.

This upcoming season is a difficult one to predict. It's great that we have kept the core of the team together.  Look how well those teams do who maintain consistency, such as the likes of saints in Superleague.  I think just maintaining that consistency in the team should get us off to a good start.

Also, other seemingly stronger teams have potentially weakened from last season, such as Bradford due to their off field troubles, Widnes with their drop to part time and even Featherstone with the loss of Ryan Carr.

However, we'll miss Matty and we don't know who we will have from Wigan dual reg. yet. But, I reckon we could surprise people again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

2020 kit design to be announced a first League match half time?

I read somewhere there will be a pop up shop in Swinton next Wednesday with the new kit available to purchase on the day, still with Supro as per last year

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Pop up shop announced for Saturday 1-6 in the white swan 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Archived