Aidan Sezer to Huddersfield

Copa

26 minutes ago, barnyia said:

That's another club out of the running to sign Tony  gigot, looks like he's going to be struggling to get a club in both league and union 

Why do you say that? Sezer is to replace the hugely underwhelming Frawley. 

With Leeming gone, I imagine the Giants still have cap space for Gigot. But not at full back, because they signed Golding for that. I think he would work well with Sezer in the halves but I doubt they’d go for him when they have Gaskell, Holmes and Russell 

44 minutes ago, longboard said:

Some decent looking signings for the Giants this time.

Yes at last,  I wish they would have a go at Gigot  as well but i don't think it's likely, we have too many youngsters fighting to get a spot, which is fair enough , It's what you want.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wow! This is huge. 

Sezer was phenomenal for the Raiders for big parts of last season and there were definitely plenty of NRL clubs who wanted him - cap issues probably the only reason they didn't. I might have to go alter my prediction of Huddersfield finishing second bottom. 

Were they? Who are these clubs.

Its indicative of where SuperLeague is if he is a huge signing. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I’d say he’s a pretty good NRL half personally but not outstanding . And he was in a very efficient unit where he played his role but wasn’t the main man . I wouldn’t say it’s an earth shattering signing imo .Whether he can grab this team and be a stand out I’d say is to be seen 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’d say he’s a pretty good NRL half personally but not outstanding . And he was in a very efficient unit where he played his role but wasn’t the main man . I wouldn’t say it’s an earth shattering signing imo .Whether he can grab this team and be a stand out I’d say is to be seen 

I reckon that’s fair. Pushed them around a fair bit but obviously second fiddle to Hodgson and Wighton.

Who is 6 and 9 at Huddersfield? What styles are they?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

17 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Well yes we know SL isn’t as strong as the NRL, a bottom half of SL team signing an NRL regular is big news. 

18 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Bulldogs came in late after Foran injured and also was strong links of going back to GC.

Also, how is a grand final starting half back not a big signing? Reality is Raiders wanted to keep him but knew it was difficult as Sezer and G Williams are both starters and wouldn't be willing (nor would it be good for the cap) to have one of them benched. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well yes we know SL isn’t as strong as the NRL, a bottom half of SL team signing an NRL regular is big news. 

If Jackson Hastings (grand final loser same as Sezer) had gone and signed for a low placing NRL side that would've been fair to say 'that's indicative of where SL is compared to the NRL'. But the other way around and apparently that's still 'indicative of where SL is' - doesn't really make sense does it? 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

That's another club out of the running to sign Tony  gigot, looks like he's going to be struggling to get a club in both league and union 

It appears so. At first St George were linked with Tony, then Trevisio, and Huddersfield. 

Given Sezer and Golding it's a unlikely move now to Huddersfield unless He's willing to play Centre and take a pay packet below what was rumoured to have been on the table in the South of France. 

I hope he finds a RL club soon as He is a very exciting and skillful player to watch!

47 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Yes at last,  I wish they would have a go at Gigot  as well but i don't think it's likely, we have too many youngsters fighting to get a spot, which is fair enough , It's what you want.

Unless Frawley moves on I'd guess it's unlikely that Gigot will be signed owing to the salary cap.

25 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Bulldogs came in late after Foran injured and also was strong links of going back to GC.

Also, how is a grand final starting half back not a big signing? Reality is Raiders wanted to keep him but knew it was difficult as Sezer and G Williams are both starters and wouldn't be willing (nor would it be good for the cap) to have one of them benched. 

We have different views on what makes a big signing. Just because he played a grand final doesn’t make him marquee. Cowboys had a no namer at 6 a few years back for example. 

Semantics really, but I do think that he won’t set the world on fire

He looked to be a decent player last year although he was more of an effective cog in a bigger machine rather than a leader or game winner. Will likely go well for Huddersfield but spending marquee wages on him or expecting him to suddenly turn them into contenders is a bit of a stretch IMO.

13 minutes ago, LR23 said:

He looked to be a decent player last year although he was more of an effective cog in a bigger machine rather than a leader or game winner. Will likely go well for Huddersfield but spending marquee wages on him or expecting him to suddenly turn them into contenders is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Who has said that we are expecting him to turn us in to contenders??

Don't think anyone expects us to pushing for the LLS or a GF appearance if i am totally honest.

37 minutes ago, davet said:

Who has said that we are expecting him to turn us in to contenders??

Don't think anyone expects us to pushing for the LLS or a GF appearance if i am totally honest.

I was trying to be diplomatic - I still think Huddersfield will be scrapping it out in the bottom 4 but they were not my picks for relegation and I genuinely hope he does well. 

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

We have different views on what makes a big signing. Just because he played a grand final doesn’t make him marquee. Cowboys had a no namer at 6 a few years back for example. 

Semantics really, but I do think that he won’t set the world on fire

Who? Te maire Martin? 

There's obviously no guarantee he will set the world on fire, but with over 150 NRL games under his belt and only 28 he's in a lot better position to than some of the dross that's come over in the SL era. 

Archived