Josh Addo-Carr - approaches made?

I have read of two clubs that have apparently contacted Josh Addo-Carr regarding a possible move to them -

Wests Tigers

Penrith Panthers

I haven't yet read that any club has been given the go ahead to approach him by his current employers - Melbourne Storm.

Maybe that part hasn't been revealed yet, or maybe they are being naughty!

So he is considering moving back to Sydney?

Has he got a dose of the Latrell’s?

Apart from Roosters, who don’t need him, why would he want away?

Not happy in Melbourne? Prefers Sydney?

Not loyal? I believe he has two more years on his contract with Storm.

Can he smell more money?

Appreciate what you have Josh, Learn from Mr Mitchell.

A bit more light on the subject...

In one report:

"Sydney is always home for me," Addo-Carr said.

"I'm grateful for what Melbourne have done for me. They've turned my career around. They've turned me into the player I've always dreamt to be.”

Make of that what you will.

According to the Daily Telegraph’s Buzz Rothfield, Addo-Carr isn’t satisfied with his $350,000 a year contract and is confident he could earn closer to $500,000 a season in the harbour city. 

You are that player in the Melbourne team. It's not guaranteed you will hit the same heights everywhere else.

Any road up, if he wants to go , he'll have to go. I can't see Storm keeping a bloke who seems to like it better elsewhere. He has to do what he thinks is best.

Unless of course this is just mood music before a meeting at Storm to try to get more money out of them.

Otherwise it'll be a green light to Tigers, Panthers, Souths etc

One report remarked that he had a changing family situation and that Sydney would be better for this?

Melbourne Storm has confirmed star Josh Addo-Carr will suit up in purple in 2020, contrary to speculation the winger wanted an early release and return to Sydney.

Premiership flyer Addo-Carr met with Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy in Sydney to reaffirm his loyalty to Melbourne.

The 24 year-old Australian and NSW Origin representative star offered the same pledge to football manager Frank Ponissi recently while on holidays in New York City.

Donaghy broke his silence today following constant speculation about Addo-Carr’s future.

“We don’t respond a lot to external noise but given there is quite a bit of commentary at the moment I thought I’d clear that up,” Donaghy said.

“Where the talk is coming from I’m not sure, but I can say hand on heart Josh is committed to Storm as much as we’re committed to Josh.”

So that’s it then... is it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2019 at 19:00, Graham said:

I have read of two clubs that have apparently contacted Josh Addo-Carr regarding a possible move to them -

Wests Tigers

Penrith Panthers

I haven't yet read that any club has been given the go ahead to approach him by his current employers - Melbourne Storm.

Maybe that part hasn't been revealed yet, or maybe they are being naughty!

Coming from Blacktown i would imagine his first choice would be Penrith, but i guess its down to money

2 hours ago, Graham said:

The thing is...

Who can afford him and who can give Storm what they want, an equivalent player (?), full market value. 
Can you think of a straight swap for him?

Certain clubs could afford him, the equivalent player in exchange will be the problem, so i would say hes staying with the Storm for now.

12 hours ago, Graham said:

The thing is...

Who can afford him and who can give Storm what they want, an equivalent player (?), full market value. 
Can you think of a straight swap for him?

The obvious swap is between Melbourne and the Roosters. 

Heaven forbid the Storm get Mitchell!

3 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Wasn't he in the rabbitohs system then got arrested or something then Melbourne picked him up. He always seemed loyal to Sydney but circumstances made him go to Melbourne

Don’t know what happened at Souths, but there was an incident and then he moved to the Sharks. Wish we could’ve realised his potential before Melbourne did.

Archived