All the Clubs since 1895

fevnut

fevnut has produced a chart showing all the professional and semi-professional clubs that have existed since the Northern Union breakaway in 1895. Clubs are grouped by their current or lat names but all the names and the dates of the clubs are shown.

Access the page by clicking on the link below.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2019/11/all-rfl-clubs-since-1895.html

fevnut and stats 2020.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To fev nut

I seem to remember that huddersfield were once the barracudors, did you miss that bit out or his my memory wrong.

Also no mention of the gates/hull club as far as I can see.

May also be wrong but I thought Bradford northern ceased for a short while in the 60,s

Bradford Northern dropped out of League 2 just before Christmas 1963 but re-formed during the following close season and came back into the league at the start of the 1964-65 season. So, that's less than a year out. A bit similar to York in the early part of this century, methinks.

25 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

To fev nut

I seem to remember that huddersfield were once the barracudors, did you miss that bit out or his my memory wrong.

Also no mention of the gates/hull club as far as I can see.

May also be wrong but I thought Bradford northern ceased for a short while in the 60,s

That 1984-88 slot looks about right for Huddersfield's time as Barracudas. Or Uddizfeeald Barryqueueduz, as the broad accented bloke on the Fartown public address used to refer to them (rather endearingly).

A fascinating list.

Huddersfield RLFC_Match programme cover scan_versus Batley, RFL Division Two Championship_16-12-84.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

That 1984-88 slot looks about right for Huddersfield's time as Barracudas. Or Uddizfeeald Barryqueueduz, as the broad accented bloke on the Fartown public address used to refer to them (rather endearingly).

A fascinating list.

Huddersfield RLFC_Match programme cover scan_versus Batley, RFL Division Two Championship_16-12-84.jpg

What happened to Arena 84 in 1985?

Thanks for all your comments. I was hoping that people would help get it correct and I have updated the chart with your comments. No national league three, they were amateur teams.

2 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

No

The face is a walnut! A few years back somebody produced them for many RL clubs and I treasure mine!!

40 minutes ago, fevnut said:

Thanks for all your comments. I was hoping that people would help get it correct and I have updated the chart with your comments. No national league three, they were amateur teams.

Southend Invicta should be 1984-85, I think. They didn't play in 1986.Their last game was April 28th, 1985 (versus Blackpool Borough).

http://southendinvicta.weebly.com/

1 hour ago, fevnut said:

The face is a walnut! A few years back somebody produced them for many RL clubs and I treasure mine!!

Omg that's took me back. I had a wigan rl walnut, don't know what its purpose was, where I got it from or why. But same here, I loved it and had it for years.

Archived