Sammut available

mountieman21

If 40 people each put a grand in I reckon we'd get him....

Hello, anyone there??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Like I said before and said to the coach last night, just ask....we never thought we'd get Shaun Lunt, that was really out of leftfield and nobody had to talk big money. Get him on loan even, that could suit everybody, us, Wigan and player. He'll have seen us get Shaun and he might just think that there could be something in this.....

If I'm honest I feel he may not be good for us. Hes a big personality, would he fit in? Big fish in small pond.? I get the spin off of his " talent", but......

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:01, colinb said:

If I'm honest I feel he may not be good for us. Hes a big personality, would he fit in? Big fish in small pond.? I get the spin off of his " talent", but......

When he was at Workington he was a fantastic professional in everything he done how he was with fans, sponsors, a brilliant speaker and he gave everything every game often when his team mates weren't on his wave length and on occasion light on numbers.

He will be a great signing for whoever is lucky enough to get him.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

22 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

??? really? 

I’d rather have Ben black back on one leg even Halifax & Leigh turned him down 

For Halifax I believe it were down to money with Huddersfield wanting us to contribute over 20k to his wages which was never going to happen. I do believe he will have to find a new club though because of quota issues.

31 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

He’s signed for Leigh,didn’t see that coming ??

No surprises, except maybe why would they want him?

They had Woods, Ridyard and Reynolds already, unless they are going to play a HB on the bench? But it seems an expensive luxury having 2 good and presumably expensive HBs sat in the stand every week, it smacks a bit of signing him so nobody else can. 

On 03/12/2019 at 08:44, imranpatel87 said:

I hear the Huddersfield giants half back frawley is available. Worth contacting them to see if we can get him on loan.

Hes going back to Australia. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Blimey Dogfather, they accuse ME of being the negative one!! Smith is only 31, a year younger than Lunty and nobody said he'd had his day!! Having him would be another shot in the arm, a couple of seasons of that experience couldn't do us any harm at all, after all Rams still go head over heels for Sykes and how old is he? We've now shown that we're not afraid to ask players to come to Batley....

7 hours ago, phildog said:

Blimey Dogfather, they accuse ME of being the negative one!! Smith is only 31, a year younger than Lunty and nobody said he'd had his day!! Having him would be another shot in the arm, a couple of seasons of that experience couldn't do us any harm at all, after all Rams still go head over heels for Sykes and how old is he? We've now shown that we're not afraid to ask players to come to Batley....

Age isn't the issue, the fact that Smith has seemingly lost his ability to play, is though. He has looked appalling everytime I've seen him for the last 3 seasons. He didn't even shine for Sheffield when he played for them on DR whilst he was still at Saints. He doesn't look to have improved since then either. Gareth Moore's pet snail is faster than Smith these days. 

Gareth Moore....now there's an idea!! We have 2 inexperienced/young halves who need a head around the place and in the abscence of any other current option.....

On 06/12/2019 at 06:36, phildog said:

You might not be afraid to ask players to come but imagine how scared they might be to respond?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 06/12/2019 at 11:06, phildog said:

Gareth Moore....now there's an idea!! We have 2 inexperienced/young halves who need a head around the place and in the abscence of any other current option.....

??‍♂️ 

behave Gaz Moore hasn’t played professional rugby for 3 years now no offence to gaz good player on his day but we should be looking at better players than him and Smith 

Archived