Adam Hesketh

Dale Bloomfield

Jamie Tracey

Kenny Hughes

Sam Hopkins

Matt Whitehead

Jack Higginson

✍ 

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Has anyone heard if we've managed to keep hold of Marriot, Sheridan and Baker?

Marriott - not made his mind up apparently 

Sheridan - I believe so, along with his brother Declan 

Baker - No, he is off to Oz 

Are we going to rename as Rochdale Mayfield. While I do no in any way want to stop players playing at a higher level I fear for Mayfield's survival in the Premier League this coming season.

The heart of the team has now been torn away as a result of last seasons and the coming seasons moves to the pro game.

I would like to think that Hornets could help Mayfield player wise if that was at all possible.

Mayfield performed wonders at the end of last season to survive in the Premier division. To do that again is going to be one hell of a task.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

The best thing about Mayfield is that they have a pathway through from cubs right through the under ages to open age. Hornets with Matt Calland as coach are just adding another level to that pathway, it’s natural and the right thing in my opinion. 

Mayfield have shown that they will survive and where a senior open age player leaves to take up a opportunity elsewhere, an opportunity is presented to a young man eager to step up. 

11 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The best thing about Mayfield is that they have a pathway through from cubs right through the under ages to open age. Hornets with Matt Calland as coach are just adding another level to that pathway, it’s natural and the right thing in my opinion. 

Mayfield have shown that they will survive and where a senior open age player leaves to take up a opportunity elsewhere, an opportunity is presented to a young man eager to step up. 

In an ideal world, that's how it should work. Unfortunately, Mayfield do not see the relationship with Hornets as a positive one. All I keep reading everywhere is how Hornets have a great amateur club to link up with, has anyone actually asked Mayfield what they think?  To take all the players they have done will indeed make Mayfield struggle this year. There's no doubt about it. The youth at Mayfield are on fire at the moment and the players coming through are at an exceptional level. This has been the case over the past few years. Just a shame that connection has been broken, and I believe probably won't be fixed. 

12 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Mayfield's second team collapsed last year (losing 18 out of 18 and finishing on minus 13 in the NWML prem), I'm assuming, due to a number of players having to play up in the first team following the departures to Hornets with no one to move up to replace them.  That could be a real problem for Mayfield if they don't fix it because a lack of second team will leave a rung missing from that pathway ladder.

1 hour ago, Sainthamish said:

Mayfield's second team collapsed last year (losing 18 out of 18 and finishing on minus 13 in the NWML prem), I'm assuming, due to a number of players having to play up in the first team following the departures to Hornets with no one to move up to replace them.  That could be a real problem for Mayfield if they don't fix it because a lack of second team will leave a rung missing from that pathway ladder.

Mayfield also have no Under Under 18s stepping up this year. Hornets are still taking players. Instead of harping on about how Mayfield and Hornets have strong links on social media, Mr Mazey needs to wake up and smell the coffee, as there are absolutely no links there at all. Quite the opposite. 

The collapse of Hornets last year had an effect past just Mayfield. Players want to play at the highest level they can and they should be encouraged to. 

9 players left Rochdale Cobras open age last season for Mayfield as the opportunity came to play at a higher level there, most played 2nd’s but 3 played 1st’s. It meant we couldn’t fulfil our season. 

It was disappointing bur a realisation that the town can no longer sustain 3 open age sides. On the flip side it’s great to see Rochdale Rugby League has a clear pathway from Under age rugby and lower league amateur rugby to National Conference and potentially semi pro and full time.

45 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The collapse of Hornets last year had an effect past just Mayfield. Players want to play at the highest level they can and they should be encouraged to. 

9 players left Rochdale Cobras open age last season for Mayfield as the opportunity came to play at a higher level there, most played 2nd’s but 3 played 1st’s. It meant we couldn’t fulfil our season. 

It was disappointing bur a realisation that the town can no longer sustain 3 open age sides. On the flip side it’s great to see Rochdale Rugby League has a clear pathway from Under age rugby and lower league amateur rugby to National Conference and potentially semi pro and full time.

They definitely didnt play 2nds as Mayfield didnt have a 2nd team last year.

The youth at Mayfield is very strong. Its good to see players move on to Super League clubs under the Scholarship and Academy level.  We need to keep it that way. I'm not really sure what Hornets could actually offer Mayfield's Youth? 

1 hour ago, RoryBel said:

They definitely didnt play 2nds as Mayfield didnt have a 2nd team last year.

The youth at Mayfield is very strong. Its good to see players move on to Super League clubs under the Scholarship and Academy level.  We need to keep it that way. I'm not really sure what Hornets could actually offer Mayfield's Youth? 

They definitely did play 2nds I watched! Not consistently, for reasons I dont know but they all played. 

You don’t see what Hornets could offer Mayfields youth?

Good lord, I thought we were over this Mayfield narcissism.

6 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

They definitely did play 2nds I watched! Not consistently, for reasons I dont know but they all played. 

You don’t see what Hornets could offer Mayfields youth?

Good lord, I thought we were over this Mayfield narcissism.

They didnt play at least 13 of their games. So fair to say the 'Cobra' players didnt play even a quarter of a season at Mayfield, if we are being really picky! 

And yes... please tell me what they can offer the Youth, what the Youth haven't got already?? Maybe I am missing something??? 

You maybe over the Mayfield narcissium., being a Cobras supporter. However, I am both a supporter of Hornets and Mayfield. They both interest me a great deal, and it worries me. 

Freedom of speech eh?? If you don't like it, scroll past. 

7 hours ago, RoryBel said:

They didnt play at least 13 of their games. So fair to say the 'Cobra' players didnt play even a quarter of a season at Mayfield, if we are being really picky! 

And yes... please tell me what they can offer the Youth, what the Youth haven't got already?? Maybe I am missing something??? 

You maybe over the Mayfield narcissium., being a Cobras supporter. However, I am both a supporter of Hornets and Mayfield. They both interest me a great deal, and it worries me. 

Freedom of speech eh?? If you don't like it, scroll past. 

I'm too old for playground bickering, the players left cobras and represented Mayfield, no dramas they carried on playing RL in Rochdale.

This shouldn't be a competition between Mayfield and Hornets, they each play a part the other cant at present.

As a primary school child in Heywood in the early 80's Mike Kuiti visited the school as a Hornets player and did a session with the kids, I went home and asked my dad to take me to Heywood Tigers training.

Mayfield provide an the environment like Heywood did then for children to enjoy the sport, all be it on a whole different scale.

Your attitude is restricting the growth of the sport in Rochdale, of course Mayfield are a superb club and Rochdale is lucky to have them but to suggest they are somehow more important than Hornets to youth is arrogant, short sighted and narcissistic. Thankfully the people coming in at board level have a more progressive view of the Hornets Mayfield relationship.

and I'm not just a Cobras supporter, I'm quite literally an active supporter, player and coach of various forms of RL in Rochdale.

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

I'm too old for playground bickering, the players left cobras and represented Mayfield, no dramas they carried on playing RL in Rochdale.

This shouldn't be a competition between Mayfield and Hornets, they each play a part the other cant at present.

As a primary school child in Heywood in the early 80's Mike Kuiti visited the school as a Hornets player and did a session with the kids, I went home and asked my dad to take me to Heywood Tigers training.

Mayfield provide an the environment like Heywood did then for children to enjoy the sport, all be it on a whole different scale.

Your attitude is restricting the growth of the sport in Rochdale, of course Mayfield are a superb club and Rochdale is lucky to have them but to suggest they are somehow more important than Hornets to youth is arrogant, short sighted and narcissistic. Thankfully the people coming in at board level have a more progressive view of the Hornets Mayfield relationship.

and I'm not just a Cobras supporter, I'm quite literally an active supporter, player and coach of various forms of RL in Rochdale.

Very touchy today arent we Mr Bird? 

To say you're too old for playground bickering, you're not doing a bad job of it. To suggest I have a bad attitude, arrogant, short sighted and a narcissist is a slight contradiction on your behalf. 

Anyway, I have never claimed Mayfield is better than Hornets, not quite sure where you have read that information in my post. I said I do not know what Hornets have to offer the Youth players at Mayfield. Something which you claimed to find ridiculous yet you still haven't suggested anything. 

As for myself, well I have a very active role of RL in Rochdale and the North West believe it or not, as you say my attitude is restricting the growth of RL. Oh if only you knew ?‍♂️?‍♂️

As for the new Board of Directors, I agree, it's very exciting and the best for Hornets. I just voice my concerns, which I know some Board members also have, about the hard work that needs to be done, including building the relationship back with Mayfield, which both Mayfield AND the Hornets board knows is tarred from historic issues. That, I know is 100% true. I do not wear blinkers. 

On that note, have a good evening. 

Not at all touchy, your taking what I say and putting an ######'y spin on it,  where have I used to the term "bad attitude"? or suggested you've said "Mayfield is better than Hornets"?  I'm passionate about RL in Rochdale and hate the divisiveness. I appreciate your passion for the sport but not the Mayfield arrogance, and don't take that as me not having the upmost respect for everyone at Mayfield. My objection was to your comment "I'm not really sure what Hornets could actually offer Mayfield's Youth". This is a Hornets that has Matt Calland as head coach, one of the most well regarded coaches in the game. If that's not an arrogant, short sighted, narcissistic comment I don't think I've ever heard one. 

Kind regards

Mr Bird

It is plain to see that in hoovering up all the amateur talent from the local area and giving the finger to the local clubs is not sustainable. We need to plan better. What sort of business model cuts the throat of its talent pool. We need a strong local game. Perhaps is it time for the board to start putting there money where there mouth is and bringing in some old heads from across this league. We need to let the local clubs thrive then perhaps take one or two players as decimating the local game will be devastating for all levels of rugby. Someone needs to have a chat with the powers that be about sustainability. 

Harold 

14 minutes ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

It is plain to see that in hoovering up all the amateur talent from the local area and giving the finger to the local clubs is not sustainable. We need to plan better. What sort of business model cuts the throat of its talent pool. We need a strong local game. Perhaps is it time for the board to start putting there money where there mouth is and bringing in some old heads from across this league. We need to let the local clubs thrive then perhaps take one or two players as decimating the local game will be devastating for all levels of rugby. Someone needs to have a chat with the powers that be about sustainability. 

Harold 

At last a post from you that actually makes sense and is in fact spot on.

No need to keep going on about piles and what you are having for tea.

5 minutes ago, Hornets Nest said:

At last a post from you that actually makes sense and is in fact spot on.

No need to keep going on about piles and what you are having for tea.

Their is no need to be rude. Sometimes it is good to talk as at our age it isn't always easy to get out. If my open nature offends you then I'm genuinely sorry. 

Harold 

1 hour ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Harold 

Absolutely spot on!!!!! 

20 hours ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Harold 

Personally, I don't understand why the Hornets are doing this and see it as the route to success.  If you look at saints for example with their superleague success, grade 1 academy and large number of juniors playing the game in the town they still only have 2 to 3 St Helens lads in their starting 17.  My opinion is that Hornets should just look to build the strongest squad they can on their budget irrespective of where the players come from and try to generate some success on the field. The better the team become the more it generates interest in playing the game so should have a knock on effect in the amateur league.  Eventually, Hornets should start to get quality Rochdale lads coming into the team every year instead of losing them to other more successful clubs.

On 05/12/2019 at 13:20, WorrieDaleFan said:

Their is no need to be rude. Sometimes it is good to talk as at our age it isn't always easy to get out. If my open nature offends you then I'm genuinely sorry. 

Harold 

Try Anusol Plus, Harold - it stopped my bumhole bledeing in about 36 hours: magic stuff. Good look with the piles - there a nitemare!

6 hours ago, Sainthamish said:

Personally, I don't understand why the Hornets are doing this and see it as the route to success.  If you look at saints for example with their superleague success, grade 1 academy and large number of juniors playing the game in the town they still only have 2 to 3 St Helens lads in their starting 17.  My opinion is that Hornets should just look to build the strongest squad they can on their budget irrespective of where the players come from and try to generate some success on the field. The better the team become the more it generates interest in playing the game so should have a knock on effect in the amateur league.  Eventually, Hornets should start to get quality Rochdale lads coming into the team every year instead of losing them to other more successful clubs.

Because for years now, peple have been calling for a team made up of 'local lads' and now Mat Caland is putting toggether a team of local lads, poeple are moaning about using local lads from a local team - when it's been the same peple shouting off about gettng local lads in the team. But peple hear are never happy - always summat to moan on about. these are the same peple who were always shouting for caland as coach but now hes building a local team with local lads he's the villan of the peace taking local lads playing localy.

this forum talks some propper 5h!t3 

Archived