2020 Squad so far...

RoryBel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THIS LAD IS A REAL HANDFUL AND A SIGNIFICANT SIGNING FOR HORNETS

101.jpg

Jamie Tracey joins the club from Thatto Heath for the 2020 season.

Rochdale Hornets is delighted to announce the signing of Jamie Tracey from Thatto Heath for the 2020 League 1 season.

Tracey joins teammates Andy Lea, Adam Carr and Adam Hesketh from the National Conference League side, having played a part in their successful 2019 Challenge Cup run.

Tracey has also spent time at Leigh Centurions, while representing Great Britain in the amateur game.

"I’m really looking forward to testing myself at the higher level and playing under great coaches," said Tracey. 

"I have some personal goals which will hopefully help the team kick on and progress."

On the latest addition, head coach Matt Calland added: "I am really excited about this signing.

"At 6ft 3 and 17st, Jamie adds real fire power to our pack.

"He runs good lines in attack and hits hard in defence.

"Welcome, Jamie."

England Community Lions forward Jamie Tracy joins the squad from Thatto Heath.  6’3’ and 17 stone too! 
Matt’s building a very interesting new squad mix of upcoming talent with some experienced minders. Let’s hope they gel quickly and continue the club’s very encouraging impetus...starting Sunday!  

According to the club web site we have also signed Kenny Hughes from Thatto.  Perhaps this is the scrum half who has played with Oldham in recent times?

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

According to the club web site we have also signed Kenny Hughes from Thatto.  Perhaps this is the scrum half who has played with Oldham in recent times?

I think he's very lucky to be getting another chance in the semi-pro game.  (if its the same guy).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I have tried to find some mention of this signing on the Hornets website and can find no mention of it.

So not sure were the infomation has come from but does not seem to be true.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

59 minutes ago, boro hornet said:

I have tried to find some mention of this signing on the Hornets website and can find no mention of it.

So not sure were the infomation has come from but does not seem to be true.

Go on the club website and look at the preview for rochdale vs Oldham, under team news you will find it.

It says "The club can confirm the singing of Kenny Hughes for the 2020 league 1 season"

Boro -  I spotted it (and it’s still there as The Lad says, within the match preview of tomorrow’s game under Team News) and, surprisingly, it was not launched on the usual signings on Twitter.

In posting it, I only knew ( and still do) that the player had the same name as a former Oldham regular, but seemed to be on Thatto’s books. 

51 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Boro -  I spotted it (and it’s still there as The Lad says, within the match preview of tomorrow’s game under Team News) and, surprisingly, it was not launched on the usual signings on Twitter.

In posting it, I only knew ( and still do) that the player had the same name as a former Oldham regular, but seemed to be on Thatto’s books. 

Yes found it now was looking at all the player announcements not the preview sorry.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

19 hours ago, RoryBel said:

Might be a good player but not wanted with a history like his. Plenty of other players out there. 

I can only judge him for when he played for Oldham. As for anything else that's his business. Don't do the social media thing, this is as far as it goes for me. 

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I can only judge him for when he played for Oldham. As for anything else that's his business. Don't do the social media thing, this is as far as it goes for me. 

Social media thing? He battered his partner and was found guilty in court. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've added the additional signings from Hornets media announcements to the original list.

Not sure if this the definitive list

Jordan Syme

Luke Fowden

Callum Ogden

Jimmy Connoughton

Lewis Sheridan

Declan Sheridan

Sean Penkywicz

Seta Tala

Ben Calland

Shaun Ainscough

Sam Freeman