Channel 9 - NRL Coverage - Top Dog or Sinking Ship?

I don't see much of Channel 9's coverage. All NRL games I get are Fox productions. Just one or two games in a season are CH 9. I think that's the Origin games and maybe the GF.

I have therefore missed the reported spat between Erin Molin and Andrew Johns who started the season working together on Friday night shows. I belatedly (with apologies) have picked up on the apparent fallout between the pair, with Johns , so I now read, having asked to be replaced so as not to work with her.

Subsequently there was, apparently, some nasty stuff posted her way on social media of a repulsive nature.

She doesn't for me have that dynamic presence of some key presenters, but she does come over as well researched, hard working and positive. OK she hasn't played the game, but, as far as I know the same could be said for Ray Warren.

Apologies again for me picking up on this late.

I suppose she could be seen to represent the new direction of presenting the game.

Not everyone likes change...

I've read though that the current Ch9 team 'lack punch' 

Peter Peters (Sky Sp Radio) has said - 

“Channel 9, in a two-year period, have lost this mantel as the top television station for rugby league in Australia.” 

This is the crux of the post for me, more than any particular 'feud' between two people which could just be a personality clash - 

Has Ch 9 lost it's way in matters NRL or does their stuff reflect the modern game better and changes need time to settle in?

I'd be interested to know what folk receiving Ch 9 programmes feel, and ask whether it matters which channel is top dog?

Molan was always second rate to Yvonne Sampson that's why Fox paid big money to get her for Fox League, in fact Laura Pitt, Megan Barnard, and Hannah Hollis are all superior to her. It's a pity they didn't nab Sterling & Fittler and they definitely finished up with the wrong Johns just like Wigan did!

The rest of Ch9s crew are no loss to watching the game at all, Warren & Gould are well past their best and Vautin contributes nothing.

42 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Hannah Hollis are all superior to her.

Wow she must be rubbish then ... Hannah Hollis who says virtually zero in games on the sideline  apart from the weather forecast and that the matty johns show is not to be missed ( both off a bit of paper )

20 minutes ago, Graham said:

One report I read said that for all J Thurston’s experience his contributions aren’t all that enlightening. Just what I read, don’t shoot the messenger.

Same with Lockyer . They have a policy of just picking mega star players but it doesn’t always crossover to broadcasting 

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

Same with Lockyer . They have a policy of just picking mega star players but it doesn’t always crossover to broadcasting 

I remember when Corey Parker started on Fox, like a Rabbit caught in the headlights for the first few appearance's but now he seems to have relaxed into it and makes some worthwhile contributions whereas Justin Hodge's is still indistinguishable from a piece of Teak!

5 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I remember when Corey Parker started on Fox, like a Rabbit caught in the headlights for the first few appearance's but now he seems to have relaxed into it and makes some worthwhile contributions whereas Justin Hodge's is still indistinguishable from a piece of Teak!

Totally agree , Hodges is pointless 

Archived