Simona to Lezignan, Elite 1

Seems an obvious route into the Catalans team. Or am I being too sceptical? 

Not sure how this will work out.  Banned for life from the NRL for betting on games and scamming the public and I'm sure that these bans carry over to SL.  HKR were mentioned at one stage but I believe they backed away.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/deregistered-nrl-player-tim-simona-to-revive-career-in-france-20191202-p53g09.html

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not sure how this will work out.  Banned for life from the NRL for betting on games and scamming the public and I'm sure that these bans carry over to SL.  HKR were mentioned at one stage but I believe they backed away.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/deregistered-nrl-player-tim-simona-to-revive-career-in-france-20191202-p53g09.html

When London signed Danny Williams back in 2005, he still had to see out his 18-week ban before playing again. But Simona is already registered and playing again, albeit not in the NRL.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

43 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

When London signed Danny Williams back in 2005, he still had to see out his 18-week ban before playing again. But Simona is already registered and playing again, albeit not in the NRL.

Yes, I remember that case, but since then, we have the RFL saying that bans in the NRL are supported by them also, with the Barba case.  

As DoubleD says, it’s a hell of a signing for Lezignan but either he’s playing for low wages or it’s a ploy to get into SL, which he mentions.

Maybe I’m over reading it.

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Yes, I remember that case, but since then, we have the RFL saying that bans in the NRL are supported by them also, with the Barba case.  

As DoubleD says, it’s a hell of a signing for Lezignan but either he’s playing for low wages or it’s a ploy to get into SL, which he mentions.

Maybe I’m over reading it.

Could be.........Williame has been linked with a return to NRL

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

Could be.........Williame has been linked with a return to NRL

Barnyia will probably help with arrangement but without too much detail due to his role with Lezignan, but the club aren’t rolling in money.

Catalans have just signed Marguerite from TO and another, whose name escapes me.  He’s a Centre also.

France seems the default position for bad lads.  

6 minutes ago, barnyia said:

He's coming to play, to get back into rl and using lezignan as a spring board, not being overpaid either apparently, just wants to get back playing was what he said to the presidents. 

Ok, fair enough mate, but travel, accomodation etc plus expenses won’t be cheap.  How many do you get at the game on average?

There's 4 for foreign players arriving in December, the number of spectateurs range from 3 to 400 to a thousand, the new stand is being unveiled the first week of January, with a catalans training session then the u19 and first team playing limoux, hopefully we' ll get a big crowd and it's likely it will be Simona's first game too, 

The first team are currently playing with an all French team, with 14 of them that come from the town and came through the rugby school (including 5 of my u 19 players) 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

There's 4 for foreign players arriving in December, the number of spectateurs range from 3 to 400 to a thousand, the new stand is being unveiled the first week of January, with a catalans training session then the u19 and first team playing limoux, hopefully we' ll get a big crowd and it's likely it will be Simona's first game too, 

The first team are currently playing with an all French team, with 14 of them that come from the town and came through the rugby school (including 5 of my u 19 players) 

Chuffed to know some of yours are doing well.

Pomeroy seemed to go ok for you but I think Simona  will put a lot more tries away.

16 hours ago, barnyia said:

A quick google search suggests Lezignan’s population is 11,500, so it’s pretty impressive that you get 1,000 to some home games. A bit like Leeds getting 50,000 ?. Good luck for the season ?

22 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

He wont get signed by the Catalans if his ban carries over into Super League from the NRL.

Would that ban be applied for the Championship and League 1?

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

He wont get signed by the Catalans if his ban carries over into Super League from the NRL.

Would that ban be applied for the Championship and League 1?

He mentions getting back to be able to play in the NRL or SL.  Confusing for a lifetime ban.  Maybe he or his agent know something we dont.

I thought, would apply to all RFL regulated Leagues.

The club is very ambitious and definitely wanted to sign one or more very good players. Besides, they were (and still are) in contact with players who had a Super League or NRL experience.

Tim Simona is a boy who wants went through very difficult stages and simply wants to play rugby league at the best level possible. If Lezignan can give him this opportunity to come back on the scene as was the case with players like David Fifita, Vaha Pulu, Ben Pomeroy or Eloi Pelissier etc it can be a win-win exchange.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

2 hours ago, fcl said:

The club is very ambitious and definitely wanted to sign one or more very good players. Besides, they were (and still are) in contact with players who had a Super League or NRL experience.

Tim Simona is a boy who wants went through very difficult stages and simply wants to play rugby league at the best level possible. If Lezignan can give him this opportunity to come back on the scene as was the case with players like David Fifita, Vaha Pulu, Ben Pomeroy or Eloi Pelissier etc it can be a win-win exchange.

My French is pretty ropey but I can’t see magasin anywhere on the club website to see how much shirts are, do you know if you have an online club shop FCL?

22 hours ago, barnyia said:

Lezignan have always been my favourite French team, since I saw pictures of thousands of fans all wearing green at the cup finals.

I thought you had bigger support than 500 per game?  Has it reduced recently?

Any photos of the new stand? I can only find computer images online.

Alan - is there a new ruling that only 3 overseas players out of the 17 on match day? Interesting that McNamara is bringing the Dragons squad down on 5 January. They should do more of that. Still good to see Carcassonne hosting the Toulouse Olympique game In January too. The English coach getting the squad around at the moment. Changing the scene every week. Down on the coast at Argeles Thursday. Last week descending from the high peaks stop over at Ille sur Tet (birth place of Jean Galia). Cabestany and Toulouges have been visited too with supporters and school groups involved.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

New rules 14 French players on the match day.

other silly new rules in order to play the playoffs, a new player has to play 50% of the games...

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

5 hours ago, fcl said:

New rules 14 French players on the match day.

other silly new rules in order to play the playoffs, a new player has to play 50% of the games...

I think its a good rule for their comp to have 14 French players on match day as this hopefully given time will develop more international French players. I wish Super League had the same rule that British clubs had to have 14 British players on match day.

Archived