Toronto Wolfpack approached to end Mitchell saga

6 hours ago, SL17 said:

You can buy a bus ticket and still get off at the next stop.

Congratulations,  just when I thought Eric Cantona’s famous quote ‘When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea’ could never be topped, you proved me wrong.

Can’t wait for your response to my other question about ‘What floats your boat’ in RL.

P.S. Eric has just asked if he could use your quote in his next interview?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

If I like it or don't like it is irrelevant to the argument/discussion: my statement is either factual or it isn't.

We both know what the truthful answer is, one of us is just not afraid to admit it!

Well no then. The marquee and salary cap rules are part of the SL Operational Rules, the commercial distribution of funds aren't. 

Clubs are already treated differently, TWP and Catalans are not being forced to run a Reserve team like all the other SL. 

But as far as I am aware the Operational Rules cover all clubs. 

Generally if they agree changes to things like the cap and marquee it is agreed with a transition period, rather than knee_jerking because a quality player comes on the market and one club wants to buy him. That seems a wholly reasonable approach. 

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Well no then. The marquee and salary cap rules are part of the SL Operational Rules, the commercial distribution of funds aren't. 

Clubs are already treated differently, TWP and Catalans are not being forced to run a Reserve team like all the other SL. 

But as far as I am aware the Operational Rules cover all clubs. 

Generally if they agree changes to things like the cap and marquee it is agreed with a transition period, rather than knee_jerking because a quality player comes on the market and one club wants to buy him. That seems a wholly reasonable approach. 

Ya...sort of like when black people had to go to the back of the bus in Alabama in the 1950's...thats the rule, and it was firm if you were black, but could be massaged if you were not.....do you mean its sort of like that Dave?

Come on Dave!...you know you are just spouting a line...one that is no longer acceptable.

"Raise The Cap and Expand the Marquee Signing to 3!"

Just now, terrywebbisgod said:

How about we just let the Wolfpack supporters make the rules!

Whatever they say is the right way!

No that would be very unreasonable...what we need is co operation so we can all update the rules together as one.  Unity is very important here and we need to keep the communication lines open for the good of the game.

We probably should start by giving Toronto their promised share of the Sky contract, then we can move on from there.

You guys in?

58 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ya...sort of like when black people had to go to the back of the bus in Alabama in the 1950's...thats the rule, and it was firm if you were black, but could be massaged if you were not.....do you mean its sort of like that Dave?

Come on Dave!...you know you are just spouting a line...one that is no longer acceptable.

"Raise The Cap and Expand the Marquee Signing to 3!"

I don't like the undertones of your post. 

Wind your neck in. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't like the undertones of your post. 

Wind your neck in. 

I don't like how the Wolfpack has been treated either! 

I'm glad that you have seen the light and understand THAT WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST IS CLEARLY WRONG.

Now of course the challenge is to lean from our past errors and do the right thing now so it doesn't happen AGAIN.

So if you repent, raise the cap and add a marquee player that would show that you understand the altruistic concepts behind real truth and reconciliation.

Lets start with the overt discrimination in not allowing Toronto its equal share of the SL funding and then go on from there.

You guys in?

19 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'm glad that you have seen the light and understand THAT WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST IS CLEARLY WRONG.

Now of course the challenge is to lean from our past errors and do the right thing now so it doesn't happen AGAIN.

So if you repent, raise the cap and add a marquee player that would show that you understand the altruistic concepts behind real truth and reconciliation.

Lets start with the overt discrimination in not allowing Toronto its equal share of the SL funding and then go on from there.

You guys in?

You keep repeating the same point over and over again -

How long have Toronto known that they wouldn't get their share of the TV contract? Because I remember reading this years ago. Stop going on about something like you have only just found out about it, it comes across as quite pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Click said:

You keep repeating the same point over and over again -

How long have Toronto known that they wouldn't get their share of the TV contract? Because I remember reading this years ago. Stop going on about something like you have only just found out about it, it comes across as quite pathetic.

You are incorrect...the deal was no central funding whilst in League 1 and Championship; not SL (that decision was made arbitrarily at a later date with no consultation).

Get your facts straight before coming on here and making false claims about people; it comes off as quite amateurish.

15 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You are incorrect...the deal was no central funding whilst in League 1 and Championship; not SL (that decision was made arbitrarily at a later date with no consultation).

Get your facts straight before coming on here and making false claims about people; it comes off as quite amateurish.

Consultation with who? the WP? Or just the rest of the clubs in SL? As I am pretty sure the result would have gone one way.

I will admit you were right on the TV money in terms of when they announced you wouldn't get any more, according to this: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/super-league-chief-robert-elstone-on-tv-deal-toronto-and-league-structure-1-9998689

It was just before the MPG - Which again, was months ago. You're still going on like you found out about it yesterday with every post that links back to it.

Sorry for sounding so amateurish on a forum, I should be more professional!

28 minutes ago, Click said:

Consultation with who? the WP? Or just the rest of the clubs in SL? As I am pretty sure the result would have gone one way.

I will admit you were right on the TV money in terms of when they announced you wouldn't get any more, according to this: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/super-league-chief-robert-elstone-on-tv-deal-toronto-and-league-structure-1-9998689

It was just before the MPG - Which again, was months ago. You're still going on like you found out about it yesterday with every post that links back to it.

Sorry for sounding so amateurish on a forum, I should be more professional!

Ahhhh....its Okay I forgive ya!  We all err at times...in Canada we forgive people all the time...its just part of being Canadian!

No worries.

On 06/12/2019 at 23:59, Kayakman said:

You guys in?

you are spot on.  

the way the wolfpack have been treated is disgraceful.  

as an example in AFL, they give their expansion clubs more than the heartland teams

so for example, the gold coast suns and GWS get 25 million a year from the AFL, whilst some of the established melbourne teams only get 12 million from the governing body.

they also give them the best picks at juniors in the drafts.

other support includes doing favourable stadium deals for their expansion clubs

eg  the ACT government pay Greater Western SYDNEY 3 million a year to play 3 games in canberra.

as much as its a poor sport when it comes to expansion they back themselves to the hilt.

if former RFL boss Richard Lewis was running the game toronto wouldve had a much easier run. 

the last two RFL bosses seem more concerned to pandering to the heartland championship clubs rather than expansion

10 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I thought the deal was!! If TWP can get a TV deal! They would be paid the funding.

Please keep up.

TWP can't get a TV deal because Sky owns the TV rights to Super League. All the teams in SL but TWP get an equal share for those rights. Plus a piece of TWP's share.

Sky is squeezing TWP for these rights and so far TWP won't give in. Sky knows TWP probably will have to the closer it gets to the start of the season. But the later it goes the less a deal will be worth.

It's an utterly ridiculous situation.

8 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I think the applicable phrase here is SNAFU. 

its funny how much peoples lives revolve around making up random negative stuff about the wolfpack

you shouldve seen how boring it was on here before they came into existence.

theyve certainly added a lot of interest into the game.  cardboard cut outs and all

24 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

its funny how much peoples lives revolve around making up random negative stuff about the wolfpack

you shouldve seen how boring it was on here before they came into existence.

theyve certainly added a lot of interest into the game.  cardboard cut outs and all

We aim to please.

50 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

We aim to please.

I remember the.first time I heard Toronto wolfpack and I thought here we go another celtic crusaders.  I can't believe how well the club are going.  

I lost interest in super league.  Now it's becoming interesting again 

Archived