Toronto Wolfpack approached to end Mitchell saga

44 minutes ago, Oxford said:

KM you have things muxed tip there is one sport called Rugby with 13 players and anything else is simply a perversion!

Heading into the Bush now for a cold night in the cabin with no power or comms...will probably have to snowshoe in...can't take the dog since she has a sprain or leg fracture...I'll  mull over your post there...very little light..can't wait for the days to get longer....might set a snare tonight.

Will drag everything in using the toboggan.

8117985_1_l.jpg

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Heading into the Bush now for a cold night in the cabin with no power or comms...will probably have to snowshoe in...can't take the dog since she has a sprain or leg fracture...I'll  mull over your post there...very little light..can't wait for the days to get longer....might set a snare tonight.

8117985_1_l.jpg

Have fun KMan!  I'm going snowshoeing myself up in Strathcona Park near Mt Washington.

Okay, this topic has definitely gone off the (Canadian Pacific) rails. Which was why Fleming was able to convince the world to go along with his time zones.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I'll  mull over your post there...

“I have clinched and closed with the naked North, I have learned to defy and defend;
Shoulder to shoulder we have fought it out — yet the Wild must win in the end.”

can't wait for the days to get longer....

Me too!

I think no news on Mitchell means there's little to keep the thread on track.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

8117985_1_l.jpg

If that's you idea of fun, meanwhile I shall sit here nice and warm drinking a agreeable bottle of Spanish red, dog snoozing by my feet ruminaiting about the excellent Beef Bourguignon I had at tea time. Each to his own?

23 hours ago, Clogiron said:

If that's you idea of fun, meanwhile I shall sit here nice and warm drinking a agreeable bottle of Spanish red, dog snoozing by my feet ruminaiting about the excellent Beef Bourguignon I had at tea time. Each to his own?

OF ALL THE WEIRD THINGS IN THIS WORLD!  The thing I come back home with from the North IN THE BUSH will literally amaze you Clogger! 

Its a crazy world!

LEIGH PAMPHLEY.JPG

On 22/12/2019 at 12:56, Oxford said:

“I have clinched and closed with the naked North, I have learned to defy and defend;
Shoulder to shoulder we have fought it out — yet the Wild must win in the end.”

Me too!

I think no news on Mitchell means there's little to keep the thread on track.

Can you believe it of all the things that happen when pondering your question flyer (posted above) this makes its way to me...its from 1961 and they are welcoming New Zealand.

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Can you believe it of all the things that happen when pondering your question flyer (posted above) this makes its way to me...its from 1961 and they are welcoming New Zealand.

Sorry not sure what your post is about .... who is welcoming New Zealand, Lord of the Rings? Seems a bit early but you never know.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 21/12/2019 at 11:24, Kayakman said:

A Canadian, Sir Sanford Fleming, invented time zones my friend.....we made Greenwich, England the start at zero since we know the English seem to have trouble counting large numbers and other difficulties in maths.

He was definitely British mate; apart from the fact he was born here, you lot were all still British until at least 1932 anyway... ? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

He was definitely British mate; apart from the fact he was born here, you lot were all still British until at least 1932 anyway... ? 

Nope...Canadian through and through.... although all Canadians had British Citizenship until 1947.

Why did you say 1932 (Statute Of Westminister?)?

On 24/12/2019 at 12:55, Kayakman said:

Nope...Canadian through and through.... although all Canadians had British Citizenship until 1947.

Pretty well known to anyone who knows a bit about recent history he was Scottish - so then British. Only moved to the colonies (Canada) after he was educated in the UK - hence why he made a good living in Canada which was basically a 3rd world country / colony due to his superior UK education.

You cant just cherry pick a nationality for someone to match your ( flimsy) argument marra.

9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Pretty well known to anyone who knows a bit about recent history he was Scottish - so then British. Only moved to the colonies (Canada) after he was educated in the UK - hence why he made a good living in Canada which was basically a 3rd world country / colony due to his superior UK education.

You cant just cherry pick a nationality for someone to match your ( flimsy) argument marra.

He went from Scotland to Scotland...ever hear of Nova Scotia (New Scotland).   Everyone who was Canadian at the time was also British...surely you must comprehend that?  Further,  everyone who was British was not Canadian, come on?...you've got to be able to fathom that.

The man clearly enhanced his education in Canada and fulfilled his destiny here due to the superior climate,  both academically and physically.  Britain was basically a good building block to use as a platform to move on to bigger and better things...this was not a one off...it happened all the time to numerous immigrants from Great Britain at the time...RL is a good example with the Wolfpack destined to dominate Rugby League in the Old World in the not too distant future.

You can't just cherry pick a nationality to match your unsound argument now marra.

th.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Educated in the U.K.? He moved to Canada at 18. His years of higher education would have been in Canada. 

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

Educated in the U.K.? He moved to Canada at 18. His years of higher education would have been in Canada. 

So he had no education at all before he went to North America? - anyone who goes onto higher education needs a good grounding education and he wouldn't have got that in a poor country like Canada.

By the way - to keep this relevant to Rugby - he played as a winger for his local RU club until he left for the colonies.

He went from Scotland to Scotland...ever hear of Nova Scotia (New Scotland).   Everyone who was Canadian at the time was also British...surely you must comprehend that?  Further,  everyone who was British was not Canadian, come on?...you've got to be able to fathom that.

The man clearly enhanced his education in Canada and fulfilled his destiny here due to the superior climate,  both academically and physically.  Britain was basically a good building block to use as a platform to move on to bigger and better things...this was not a one off...it happened all the time to numerous immigrants from Great Britain at the time...RL is a good example with the Wolfpack destined to dominate Rugby League in the Old World in the not too distant future.

You can't just cherry pick a nationality to match your unsound argument now marra.

th.jpg

Yep same now with everyone from Canada using it as a stepping stone to get to a better life in America - that's life. I've lived in Canada and Oz and each has its merits and some bad points in terms of standard of living but both struggle with culture and being detached from the rest of the world - Oz still lives in the shadow of the UK and Canada will always live in the shadow of the USA.

Hope your right about The WP but with a very thin squad in terms of real quality, and lack of top class half backs, 2020 will be a real fight to stay in SL - At the moment they just need to concentrate on being better than one of Hudds or Wakey - if they finish above one of those they will just stay in SL.

On 24/12/2019 at 12:55, Kayakman said:

Aye I’d argue you didn’t have any independent sovereignty until then mate - Canada was a bit like a big county, like Yorkshire on steroids ?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep same now with everyone from Canada using it as a stepping stone to get to a better life in America - that's life. I've lived in Canada and Oz and each has its merits and some bad points in terms of standard of living but both struggle with culture and being detached from the rest of the world - Oz still lives in the shadow of the UK and Canada will always live in the shadow of the USA.

Hope your right about The WP but with a very thin squad in terms of real quality, and lack of top class half backs, 2020 will be a real fight to stay in SL - At the moment they just need to concentrate on being better than one of Hudds or Wakey - if they finish above one of those they will just stay in SL.

I've lived in both countries too and I generally agree with your statement on the cultures..its true.

Now I must digress and disagree with you about the Wolfpack...but of course yours is the majority opinion and I am in the minority on this (I know).  Certainly we could a bit more depth (who could not?) but the halfbacks will be fine.   I'm looking for Toronto to finish in the top 5-time will tell.

30 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Aye I’d argue you didn’t have any independent sovereignty until then mate - Canada was a bit like a big county, like Yorkshire on steroids ?

You must understand that Yorkshire is puny compared to Canada...Yorkshire on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.....all of Great Britain on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.   Its sort of like comparing a large basketball to this (.)

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You must understand that Yorkshire is puny compared to Canada...Yorkshire on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.....all of Great Britain on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.   Its sort of like comparing a large basketball to this (.)

Yet this puny country has basically ran, educated and showed the world how to be a success. 

Also all major world sports originate in this puny country.

Canada is basically the USAs 51st unwanted state and you play their sports to try and keep in with them.

Hopefully the WP will stick around and not be an other Paris Club.

9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yet this puny country has basically ran, educated and showed the world how to be a success. 

Also all major world sports originate in this puny country.

Canada is basically the USAs 51st unwanted state and you play their sports to try and keep in with them.

Hopefully the WP will stick around and not be an other Paris Club.

Well that is not a very good attitude!  One time I ran into this guy in France and he basically said the same thing about France and the French Revolution and politics in general...I looked him straight in the eye and said:

Qu'avez-vous fait pour nous ces derniers temps?

30 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well that is not a very good attitude!  One time I ran into this guy in France and he basically said the same thing about France and the French Revolution and politics in general...I looked him straight in the eye and said:

Qu'avez-vous fait pour nous ces derniers temps?

And he said " Are you American son!"

?????

Archived