BBC to show Challenge Cup first round draw live on BBC website

14 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Where do the armed forces and Great Britain Police stage games?

GB Police play all over mainly north of England. No home venue as such. Played at Wigan St. Judes, Stanningley, Rochdale Mayfield, even Odsal and Headingley. According to their Facebook page, Challenge Cup fixture TBA.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

A regionalised draw would seem sensible at this stage - Rhonda travelling to Barrow Island could be crippling financially, same with London to York and Rochdale, it’s not like these teams are semi professional. 

Indeed. The FA Cup draw, for example, is regionalised all the way to the first round proper (I think) by which time there have already been six qualifying rounds.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Indeed. The FA Cup draw, for example, is regionalised all the way to the first round proper (I think) by which time there have already been six qualifying rounds.

Even the league cup, with fully professional teams, is regionalised for the first couple of rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2019 at 18:46, Futtocks said:

One match streamed by the BBC, one streamed by OurLeague.

Saturday 11th January

12:30pm Challenge Cup - Round 1: Skirlaugh v Hunslet Parkside

LIVE STREAM: BBC iPlayer via Sky or Cable Red Button

Sunday 12th January

1:30pm Challenge Cup - Round 1: Royal Air Force v Bentley

LIVE STREAM: Our League Website & App

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived