Record Sponsorship By The New Board

ste 81

Surprised this hasn't got more replies, fantastic effort by the new board 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

4 hours ago, ste 81 said:

I don't see how the old regime can, the majority of their sponsorship was by the boards own companies. They are already doing the same at Rochdale with the new Rola Cola sponsorship which is owned by Tony Sheridan. ?

Pro Carrier (DG International) was a business associate of Tony’s and thanks to Tony they will continue as our main club sponsor in 2020 according to form.

So not only can we thank the former board for a fantastic two years having completely turned the clubs fortunes round and leaving in place a settled  staff and talented young squad plus a quarter of a million quid in central funding to fund it all in 2020,  they also left us with the clubs main sponsorship deal, a huge chunk of the announced record sponsorship already secured.

Respect and credit due I’d say  ???

Who are you Rampant Lion I put forward my name because if you truly are a Swinton fan I find your posts bizarre. You continually brown nose the previous regime at every opportunity.

The record sponsorship is mainly down to the new Boards hard work. If you check the new list of sponsors for the upcoming season the vast majority are new.

3 minutes ago, ste 81 said:

Who are you Rampant Lion I put forward my name because if you truly are a Swinton fan I find your posts bizarre. You continually brown nose the previous regime at every opportunity.

The record sponsorship is mainly down to the new Boards hard work. If you check the new list of sponsors for the upcoming season the vast majority are new.

I’m stating facts all facts that are in the public domain Ste. 

I will be at the pop up shop and also at Haven as we’ve established previously.

I respect the efforts of the new board members and equally respect the efforts of the former board and unlike some I do not have a short memory.

We are all entitled to our opinions and some of us are old enough and wise enough to think before we type all kinds of untruths in the Internet.

On 05/12/2019 at 13:34, ste 81 said:

Massive congratulations has to go to the New Board with record sponsorship announced today. It sounds like they are doing great things and Ste Wild has assembled an amazingly talented group of people. ?

This is great news. It’s been positive for a while now. As a SWINTON fan I’m always cautious these days but hearing good vibes coming from the club and the initial impact of the new set-up. 

On 11/12/2019 at 21:42, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Pro Carrier (DG International) was a business associate of Tony’s and thanks to Tony they will continue as our main club sponsor in 2020 according to form.

So not only can we thank the former board for a fantastic two years having completely turned the clubs fortunes round and leaving in place a settled  staff and talented young squad plus a quarter of a million quid in central funding to fund it all in 2020,  they also left us with the clubs main sponsorship deal, a huge chunk of the announced record sponsorship already secured.

Respect and credit due I’d say  ???

Pro Carrier had a 2 year contract, virtually all the others are new sponsors. The old board did a lot of good, I don't think anyone is denying that but Mazey gambled when he thought he had enough support and it failed. Now is the time to unite and move on

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

On 13/12/2019 at 10:54, Mark said:

Pro Carrier had a 2 year contract, virtually all the others are new sponsors. The old board did a lot of good, I don't think anyone is denying that but Mazey gambled when he thought he had enough support and it failed. Now is the time to unite and move on

Glossop Caravans are also an existing sponsor and probably the only other one with a relatively decent profile other than Pro Carrier.

With respect to rest they seem like spot fillers i.e the Trust and the Local boozer. 

The new board have done well but let’s not kid ourselves Mark we have gone from a Rolls Royce to a Mondeo in recent months In terms of the people and vision we had to what we’ve now got. 

We got what we wanted though and we keep the name till at least the end of 2021 when the money runs dry and it all finally catches up with us.

The new board are all fans and that should be respected....they are either brave or stupid as those who pat them on the back now will be stabbing them in it at some stage as we have a real core of horrible keyboard warriors in our ranks that ruin it for the majority of good people.

Im gutted we lost what we did but will support these new guys 100% but let’s not lose sight of reality........... they will need to be judged in12/18 months time when all the hard work won’t have been done for them and handed over on a plate.

On 13/12/2019 at 10:54, Mark said:

Mazey was clear change was needed and graphic as to the reasons why.

Swinton as Swinton not playing in Swinton for fast approaching 30 years with a dying and ageing fan base isn’t sustainable and won’t be beyond 2021.

We are the ones who have gambled and rolled the dice but let’s all move on and enjoy the ride now...

I don't think you could have wrote a more disrespectful and patronising statement. If you are a Swinton fan you never have anything positive to say and worship Mazey like some god like figure it is embarrassing.

I had never heard of any of the previous Board's sponsors to slate the new Board's is bizarre. How you can belittle their effort with sponsorship being  30% higher is beyond me. I suggest you get a Hornets season ticket and then you can hang on Mazey's every word!

9 minutes ago, ste 81 said:

I don't think you could have wrote a more disrespectful and patronising statement. If you are a Swinton fan you never have anything positive to say and worship Mazey like some god like figure it is embarrassing.

I had never heard of any of the previous Board's sponsors to slate the new Board's is bizarre. How you can belittle their effort with sponsorship being  30% higher is beyond me. I suggest you get a Hornets season ticket and then you can hang on Mazey's every word

I just trade in facts Ste.

How many % increase would it have been had Pro Carrier exercised the right to walk away from year two but for Tony and not put 15k in? (the lions share pardon the pun).

Don't believe the hype, whoever wrote that media piece needs a job in politics.

4 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Glossop Caravans are also an existing sponsor and probably the only other one with a relatively decent profile other than Pro Carrier.

With respect to rest they seem like spot fillers i.e the Trust and the Local boozer. 

The new board have done well but let’s not kid ourselves Mark we have gone from a Rolls Royce to a Mondeo in recent months In terms of the people and vision we had to what we’ve now got. 

We got what we wanted though and we keep the name till at least the end of 2021 when the money runs dry and it all finally catches up with us.

The new board are all fans and that should be respected....they are either brave or stupid as those who pat them on the back now will be stabbing them in it at some stage as we have a real core of horrible keyboard warriors in our ranks that ruin it for the majority of good people.

Im gutted we lost what we did but will support these new guys 100% but let’s not lose sight of reality........... they will need to be judged in12/18 months time when all the hard work won’t have been done for them and handed over on a plate.

What do you know of the new sponsors that gives you the thought that they are fillers?

I previously worked for Advanced Steel and they are big part of the Barrett Steel Group who turned over £320m last year. Hardly tin pot. 

Daisymill have only been established for a couple of years and becoming a big player in M&E contracting. 

I think they will be excellent partners. 

2 minutes ago, dazfairhurst said:

What do you know of the new sponsors that gives you the thought that they are fillers?

I previously worked for Advanced Steel and they are big part of the Barrett Steel Group who turned over £320m last year. Hardly tin pot. 

Daisymill have only been established for a couple of years and becoming a big player in M&E contracting. 

I think they will be excellent partners. 

Apologies, they sound promising. 

and can i ask why you are saying the trust are on the shirts  ,because they are not one of the  sponsors , and where you getting the figures for our centrel funding from ,also  in answer to your early question , you said i sound bitter and didn't mind sucking up to the ex- board , my answer to that is , i'm  very dissapointed and thought i was supporting the ex-board ,the only thing i personally couldn't support was the lose of name ,which the ex-board would not budge an inch on to  compromise  

9 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Isn’t a Jag just a Mondeo with a fancy coat and different badges?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

It is good to see that some new sponsors have come on board such as Daisymill and Advanced Steel.

And it is good to see existing sponsors renew their sponsorship or take up the option of a second year sponsorship(assuming that is the case)

As the advert for a well known Supermarket chain once said”Every little helps”

Archived