If you won the Lottery and had a spare few million £s

2 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Did you enter the cheat codes? There was an option to have no injuries or remain unbeaten no matter what side you put out

I can't remember now to be honest. I just remember taking random stands from different stadiums and mashing them together to create an absolute monstrosity! I do remember the most expensive player on that was Zidane who was worth about £44,000,000 I think. How times have changed! 

When I win the lottery, £100 million, I will buy Widnes. Then get them back to Superleague, bring in great players, win the Grand Final five years on the trot, then retire as an absolute legend, whilst securing the club's future. 

Just a matter of time.

??

3 minutes ago, doc said:

When I win the lottery, £100 million, I will buy Widnes. Then get them back to Superleague, bring in great players, win the Grand Final five years on the trot, then retire as an absolute legend, whilst securing the club's future. 

Just a matter of time.

??

Retire as an absolute legend with no money left, then watch the club do the usual thing in professional sport and spunk the remaining money away on expensive imports who stay for a year or three before leaving? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First thing I would do is get on to John Bastian and tell him to name his salary, then I'd task him with completing the player pathway from the under 8s in the community game right up to the York City Knights first team. The Knights have already started with their EXCEL ETP program, so the promising groundwork is already done.

I would task him to get in touch with all the York born players currently in Super League academies and ask them to come to York and play for our newly formed Cat 1 academy - there are quite a few from Heworth and I'm sure more from York Acorn. I'd offer contracts to Greg Minikin, Alex Foster and Tom Lineham too.

I would them employ at least 2 full time development officers to work with said academy, and continue the incredible work already carried out by the Knights Foundation, and branch that out right across North Yorkshire.

It's no coincidence that the most successful clubs in Super League (Saints, Wigan & Leeds) are built off the back of the strongest academies!

If we were talking Euromillions I would then buy a 50% stake in the brand new LNER stadium, hand James Ford a new long term contract, and offer all the existing 2020 squad a full time contract and run a hybrid squad for those that wanted a good crack ? 

One can dream...

53 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Retire as an absolute legend with no money left, then watch the club do the usual thing in professional sport and spunk the remaining money away on expensive imports who stay for a year or three before leaving? :kolobok_wink:

No money left! This is RL after all. So, six seasons say £5M a season. Loads left! Put another £20M in a trust, to keep the club going. It's all about creating memories for this generation of fans. 

I'm a caring legend. 

Obviously it depends how much I won but I'd be open to putting some money in to buying the properties behind and building that fourth stand at Headingley's western end because I'm fed up of people complaining they get sunburnt out in the open over there. 

After that if I'd got any left for RL matters I'd probably think about what to do to help get the Bulls back up to the top flight.

14 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

First thing I would do is get on to John Bastian and tell him to name his salary, then I'd task him with completing the player pathway from the under 8s in the community game right up to the York City Knights first team. The Knights have already started with their EXCEL ETP program, so the promising groundwork is already done.

I would task him to get in touch with all the York born players currently in Super League academies and ask them to come to York and play for our newly formed Cat 1 academy - there are quite a few from Heworth and I'm sure more from York Acorn. I'd offer contracts to Greg Minikin, Alex Foster and Tom Lineham too.

I would them employ at least 2 full time development officers to work with said academy, and continue the incredible work already carried out by the Knights Foundation, and branch that out right across North Yorkshire.

It's no coincidence that the most successful clubs in Super League (Saints, Wigan & Leeds) are built off the back of the strongest academies!

If we were talking Euromillions I would then buy a 50% stake in the brand new LNER stadium, hand James Ford a new long term contract, and offer all the existing 2020 squad a full time contract and run a hybrid squad for those that wanted a good crack ? 

One can dream...

He wont be on mega bucks now.  IMO he will become available in the next year.

Add to the foundation staff to create the Pathways and use Bastion as the other DO.

I'd purchase investments ( properties ) and use the revenue to ' purchase ' 1 home game per season , this game would then be free to attend , I'd then pay to market this game to the town's population with the target to fill the LSV for this one game every year 

Having seen the big features on St Helens as a town and how it has the highest rates of suicide in the UK in the news earlier this year, I think the things I would do if I had billions and bought Saints would be to do with the town under the name of the club rather than anything at the club, as on and off the pitch, we’re in a good place.

Getting young people and adults into employment and education, educating children on important things (health, cooking, how to find work etc), places for people suffering to go and feel safe and comfortable and the regeneration of the town centre are all vital to the town and to Saints as a club. 

7 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Having seen the big features on St Helens as a town and how it has the highest rates of suicide in the UK in the news earlier this year, I think the things I would do if I had billions and bought Saints would be to do with the town under the name of the club rather than anything at the club, as on and off the pitch, we’re in a good place.

Getting young people and adults into employment and education, educating children on important things (health, cooking, how to find work etc), places for people suffering to go and feel safe and comfortable and the regeneration of the town centre are all vital to the town and to Saints as a club. 

Would you build another glass factory Oliver?

Archived