Fighting men

See the powder puff known as Darcy Lussick KO'd Justin Hodges in 37 sec with one punch! Hodge's had won his 2 previous fights, can only think his opponents tripped over the ropes climbing into the ring, and actually looked heavier than Lussick. Alas, for him he looked just like his TV appearances, clueless. This was supposed to be a step towards a 'Origin' matchup with Paul Gallen, that might be out of the window now.

It's truly embarrassing that the likes of these are touted as the 'Hardmen' of the game when you think of player's from the past, but that's what you get when you sanitise the game to the level it's at now, with everyone trying to slap each other, makes me shake my head in sorrow.

Yes, everything old was better than everything new. 

Well done for saving wear and tear on Graveyard Johnny's keyboard.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Yes, everything old was better than everything new. 

Well done for saving wear and tear on Graveyard Johnny's keyboard.

So you think player's slapping at each other is a good image because it's modern? so what's next, sending each other a angry text or Facebook message during play!

• 1 month later...

I know its frowned upon these days but I do miss the biff. Saints Wigan games seem to have lost that little edge as have a few other diaries.

Many fond memories of watching the likes of Roy Haggerty and Sonny Nickle in action. Visits from the likes of Kelvin Skerret, Les Boyd and Jim Mills were always lively !

Thank goodness for youtube

One the one hand, I miss the Biff. Some incendiary characters like Raudonikis, Boyd, Tallis etc. brought a certain type of entertainment to the sport back in the day.

On the other hand, I understand why it had to go. Any contact sport, let alone a collision sport, is under pressure from both medical findings and parental approval these days. Rugby League is brutal enough anyway, when played fairly. Armchair generals may huff and puff about their own personal rose-tinted memories, but this is still a sport that is tough as hell.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No arguments from me there !

Anyone who plays at whatever level knows how tough it a game it is. Cheap shots and random assaults are not a good advert for the game or likely to encourage mass participation and it is probably for the best that they have had their day.

Archived