Take His Legs

DoubleD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea how to get this on the radar of the BAFTA committee? There can't be many better documentaries this year.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

20 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Any idea how to get this on the radar of the BAFTA committee? There can't be many better documentaries this year.

Was thinking the same thing myself. Absolutely superb piece of programme making. One of the most uplifting things you could ever wish to see on TV.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Finally got round to watching this. Absolutely brilliant. I had such a massive smile on my face at the end and just kept thinking that it really puts into perspective the daft little things I stress about in everyday life. I just need to grow a pair and stop moaning I think. These people are truly amazing individuals living fulfilling lives with some awful disabilities that I can't even imagine. I've never seen a group of stronger, braver people in my life. Well done to everyone involved in physical disability rugby league and let's see it grow much bigger very soon! 

Here’s a sign of quality. I suggested to my 9yo daughter, who has as little interest in rugby as I have in ballet dancing, that she watch it with me on Thursday evening.

I’m not watching rugby, she said. Boring.

It’s not what you think, I said. Give it five minutes.

Five minutes up, she said, that’s enough.

Give it five more, I said.

No peep five minutes later or for the rest of the programme.

Last night, she said, can we watch that rugby programme?

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Here’s a sign of quality. I suggested to my 9yo daughter, who has as little interest in rugby as I have in ballet dancing, that she watch it with me on Thursday evening.

I’m not watching rugby, she said. Boring.

It’s not what you think, I said. Give it five minutes.

Five minutes up, she said, that’s enough.

Give it five more, I said.

No peep five minutes later or for the rest of the programme.

Last night, she said, can we watch that rugby programme?

Hope you covered her ears for the ‘Oh Warrington is wonderful’ song! 

On 21/12/2019 at 17:28, Tre Cool said:

and every time my wife spoke to me I paused it.

The programme or the wife?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I've recommended this programme several friends now, general sports fans as well as rugby league fans, and every single one of them has loved it.

As an aside, my niece, who plays for Barrow ladies, said that when they played Warrington that the Warrington PDRL team had played Wakefield before their game and Adam Hills had stopped to watch. She said he spoke to everyone of them and shook their hands. Seems like a top bloke as well as a great Rugby League fan

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Fair to say that I watched this purely to support RL product.  I had low expectations but, to echo the views here, I thought it was fantastic.  Unfortunately, I would guess that the reverse of my instinct watch as it was RL would be the a driving factor that turned others off - we still live in a partisan world.  Their loss though. Wonderful effort to all involved.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, bird said:

Any idea how the process works?

Not a clue.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 months later...

Looks like the documentary has made it to Australian TV.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived