Boxing Day match

RogerT

Including today only 19 days to go to get your first Rugby fix.

Any Christmas presents for the club and fans, new signings or loanee's to muscle out the sqad.

Would you go with a full strong team or try out everybody?.

Me I would go full strong squad, leave the mucking about with the team for the friendlies.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RogerT said:

Me I would go full strong squad, leave the mucking about with the team for the friendlies.

it is a friendly, that's why the teams always get mucked about in the 2nd half.....everyone wants a bit part....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Trained like hell for weeks so all will put their hands up?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I will be there but only out of habit. The Boxing Day games have become pretty meaningless unlike the good old days of the Hospital Cup.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I will be there but only out of habit. The Boxing Day games have become pretty meaningless unlike the good old days of the Hospital Cup.

The league should start around the xmas/new year would mean more than a pre season game 

3 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

The league should start around the xmas/new year would mean more than a pre season game 

That's dangerously close to winter rugby, BSJ will be pleased!! ??

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I stopped going since 2018 because of the ticket price for adults. way too expensive. me & my wife can watch non league football & national league rugby union with prices varying from £5-£9 with programmes sometimes included in the admission fee.

Set by both clubs and shared.

Probs 1800 tops.

The days of 3000 eager speccies long gone

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

18 hours ago, imranpatel87 said:

I stopped going since 2018 because of the ticket price for adults. way too expensive. me & my wife can watch non league football & national league rugby union with prices varying from £5-£9 with programmes sometimes included in the admission fee.

Have a nice Boxing Day then, Imran. I will watch ponds freeze rather than go to a RU game.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 09/12/2019 at 20:25, imranpatel87 said:

I haven’t been to the Boxing Day clash since 2018 either!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Doesn’t look like Shaun Lunt will be playing Boxing Day as he’s had surgery,well at least he’s put his signing on fee to good use?‍??‍♂️?

Cosmetic?

It also highlights if Graham is correct how short our squad is, 23 signed on plus 4 trialist, so when the season starts properly clubs have to name 21 in their squad there is no wiggle room.

Holding my breath on any more signings.

If I can be bothered I might stagger up to Owl lane Boxing Day.

Archived