Quake Cooper to Toronto

iangidds

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/league/quade-cooper-eager-play-rugby-league-alongside-sonny-bill-williams-wouldnt-mind-playing-nrl-either

very talented player and would be great to see his skills in league

53 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Think it should always be quake Cooper from now on?

His dad, Doom Cooper was decent player, if a little crude.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toronto looking to bring back Canadian talent

Toronto are looking to re-sign former player Quinn Ngawati, according to League Express. Top journalist Matthew Shaw is reporting that the Wolfpack are looking to bolster their squad depth ahead of next season and have held talks with the 20-year-old about a return to the club.

The second close season rumour is that TWP resigned him to stop Parky banging on about the lack of Canucks!

And the third is that Total is about to become one huge cross-sport because of all the ywan signings. It will save time and admin for moving threads though!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

His dad, Doom Cooper was decent player, if a little crude.

His uncle Gloom Cooper was a negative sort. When they played together it didn’t gel either. It was all...never mind.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 minutes ago, RayCee said:

His uncle Gloom Cooper was a negative sort. When they played together it didn’t gel either. It was all...never mind.

His great-great-great grandfather Pong Cooper was a bit one-dimensional, to be honest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, iangidds said:

Shocking defence and the Wolfpack would ship at least 20 points a game with him playing

26 minutes ago, frank said:

Toronto should have made a play for Mitchell a proven League player,a far better prospect than Cooper with no League experience at all and could end up being a liability to them.

No room on the cap and only 2 marquee players allowed....too bad.

It seems that the Wolfpack are quickly becoming one of those teams that every manager connects his players name with to boost the value of their contract when there's no competition for his signature.

BTW, I'm surprised that Israel Folau hasn't been connected with them yet. If the Wolfpack played their cards right he might actually be a good get for them as well.

8 hours ago, frank said:

Toronto should have made a play for Mitchell a proven League player,a far better prospect than Cooper with no League experience at all and could end up being a liability to them.

Mitchell would be mad to go to SL at this stage in his career

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Mitchell would be mad to go to SL at this stage in his career

he doesnt have a lot of options.  maybe a short stint in super league with toronto will increase his stocks in the nrl.  its down to the tigers and gold coast for mitchell, both of which are poor options after the roosters.

a few years playing in toronto could make him rediscover his passion for the game.

right now hes over the nrl, he was said to be complaining about the length of the nrl season when in camp with the kangaroos.

if he goes to the tigers or titans his workload will increase dramatically from the roosters where he can go missing for much of the game and his star team mates can carry him

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

he doesnt have a lot of options.  maybe a short stint in super league with toronto will increase his stocks in the nrl.  its down to the tigers and gold coast for mitchell, both of which are poor options after the roosters.

The only potential player whose stock may have increased prior to returning to the NRL following a SL stint is Jamie Lyon. Even then that is debatable and has its own individual circumstances why.

That’s just a simple truth. Doesn’t mean he won’t go, but, I would be very surprised to see him go. Mentally, he’s too young for a start.

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

The only potential player whose stock may have increased prior to returning to the NRL following a SL stint is Jamie Lyon. Even then that is debatable and has its own individual circumstances why.

That’s just a simple truth. Doesn’t mean he won’t go, but, I would be very surprised to see him go. Mentally, he’s too young for a start.

jackson hastings 

Archived