Pre Xmas Quiz.

colinb

7 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Since Phil dog hasn’t answered I’ll give the answer... Ian Render ex George player also a regular at the mount on match days 

Is that the answer to Loose Forward??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, hang on, only just looked at this!! I knew the coach, Stozzer and Render, Gibbo try and Henry 2 goals 44-8 I believe the score was. Mick Frain was a no.8. Graeme West also played for Wiggin, new green shirt with gold numbers for the day, Gibbo scored bottom right corner and yes, bleeding cold!!

7 hours ago, phildog said:

Hey, hang on, only just looked at this!! I knew the coach, Stozzer and Render, Gibbo try and Henry 2 goals 44-8 I believe the score was. Mick Frain was a no.8. Graeme West also played for Wiggin, new green shirt with gold numbers for the day, Gibbo scored bottom right corner and yes, bleeding cold!!

Mick Frain definitely a prop. I have his shirt from the Centenary match v Fulham (he was a sub then, so it was a no15 shirt)

11 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

was talking to my grandad today and he said he thought either Carroll or Shaun Madden 

i was going to say John Carroll initially but i cant remember him playing that day....but he may have done....?

i know that was the season we signed him. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Ok final question. Rest of pack?. There were last minute changes to the announced team and the team that took the field. 

2 subs that day. 

Rest of pack?. There were last minute changes to the announced team and the team that took the field. Its complicated.

This is taken from the commentary team on the day. They were still announcing the changes at the kick off. 

Arnold replaced by Barraclough(prop)

Hemingway replaced by Arnold(prop)

Madden

Cousins

Subs...Ratcliffe and Harrington

No mention of Frain ( Phildog)??

Thanks for your participation hope you enjoyed the memory jerker. 

And of course BISSA have copies if anyone wants 1. £5 each. 

2 hours ago, colinb said:

And of course BISSA have copies if anyone wants 1. £5 each. 

On this, do you have a DVD of the full NRC semi-final vs Leigh? I have the excellent NRC winning package, but it only has highlights of the win against Leigh.

I believe this is our best performance in my time watching Batley - certainly in the last decade (perhaps an interesting thread!)

11 minutes ago, distantdog said:

On this, do you have a DVD of the full NRC semi-final vs Leigh? I have the excellent NRC winning package, but it only has highlights of the win against Leigh.

I believe this is our best performance in my time watching Batley - certainly in the last decade (perhaps an interesting thread!)

Yes I have it in my hand. I will run you a copy....no problem. 

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Cheers. Will pick up on boxing Day and hand over suitable renumeration if that is ok?

That's fine. I'll have shirt money also Stuart. ?

Colin, didn't infer that Frain had played, it was responding to someone's question elsewhere in the thread!! Think Mick used to work in The Greyhound at Smithies if not mistaken. Don't think we ever saw that green kit ever again, was it made specially for that occasion? Have we yet managed to arrive at the full team....

Archived