Try Scorer odds

Col81

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Col81 said:

Looking at regular season try scorer odds with Betfred, like the look of Ash Handley at 20/1 and also Bevan French at 18/1 anyone have any other fancies?

Where’s French going to play for Wigan in 2020? Ben Barba has been the only non-winger to win top try scorer for years. I’m interested to see how Wigan’s backs will line up for 2020 before I commit to any bets for top try scorer and even then, it’s not a market I usually delve into. 

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

Looking at regular season try scorer odds with Betfred, like the look of Ash Handley at 20/1 and also Bevan French at 18/1 anyone have any other fancies?

French will probably play halfs (given no 6), so no go for me.

I had a fair bet on Handley as soon as the market opened:

2nd top try scorer last year.

The last 2 seasons Gale played (differant winger and full back each season) the left winger smashed top try scorer (Solomona 2016, Eden 2017).

Looks a superb ew bet to me.

Feki could be big at 16/1 IF he gets the left wing spot at Cas.  

42 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

20/1 is great odds for Handley. 2nd top last year in a poor leeds side.

Leeds have much better half backs next year and Handley outside Hurrell, Ward/Martin and Gale/Lui will almost certainly put up decent figures. 

Hi Gates1, i went with Claire last year he was ok but not quite good enough. Is Feki likely to play? what about Eden? he was 6s last year as you know.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Hi Gates1, i went with Claire last year he was ok but not quite good enough. Is Feki likely to play? what about Eden? he was 6s last year as you know.

Cheers

It depends who has the left wing spot, Richardson will be leading the attack to that side and expect a decent tally from whichever winger plays there.

Feki will play every game he is fit, he's number 1 winger at club.  Extremely hard to stop near the line and Cas generally play the strongest attacking winger on the left.  Feki was left wing for Cronulla too.  

However, that would mean moving Eden right (most teams attack to the right more and his defence is questionable) so I'm still not certain who will get the left/right.

Feki (on the left edge) at 16/1 is a great bet, less so if he is given the right wing spot.

Eden (on the left edge) at 14/1 Is a decent bet, much less so if he plays right wing.

6 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

It depends who has the left wing spot, Richardson will be leading the attack to that side and expect a decent tally from whichever winger plays there.

Feki will play every game he is fit, he's number 1 winger at club.  Extremely hard to stop near the line and Cas generally play the strongest attacking winger on the left.  Feki was left wing for Cronulla too.  

However, that would mean moving Eden right (most teams attack to the right more and his defence is questionable) so I'm still not certain who will get the left/right.

Feki (on the left edge) at 16/1 is a great bet, less so if he is given the right wing spot.

Eden (on the left edge) at 14/1 Is a decent bet, much less so if he plays right wing.

Has Eden’s off the field stuff cleared up?

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

swift could be a good ew at 50/1 he will play all the games and he can certainly score trys.

What makes you say he will play all the games? The wing spots are the biggest selection question at Hull.

I would say the one absolute certainty that I will hang my hat on is that Fonua will play when he is fit. Some people are saying Fonua will play centre but I don't see it.

Even if we take Griffin out of the equation by using him as a forward, that leaves Connor and Tuimavave. Tuimavave is arguably the best defensive centre in SL and he is one of Radford's favourites. Connor is one of the genuine stars of the team.

Let's just say for arguments sake however that we decide to use Connor off the bench and start with Carlos and Fonua as the centres. That still leaves Swift competing with Naulago and Faraimo for two spots. Its not a certainty by any means.

I would say Swift and Naulago could both be decent bets if they end up being first choice, but keep your money until you have seen what happens in pre season, because any number of combinations are possible at this stage.

50 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Tried to put £850 on saints to win regular season with skybet at 11/4 they will take £181 what a joke. I tried to put £75 each way ash handley 16s top try scorer they rang through offered me £19 ew. 

It's a farce

I asked for a price for Marty Ashton who as the leading scorer in the championship the previous season and now signed for one of SL's favourites would not seem an unreasonable pick at a nice price. They declined to give one and said he isn't a player they are going to price for this market.

They were happy to take my money on Leeds Carnegie's fullback Ryan Shaw though!

No value, in it as far as I can see handley was the only good price at 20s. Grace wont score enough saints always favour naiqaima and makinson. On the left percival hasn't been the best at providing assists and zeb taia is 1 year older (his last year). 

On 17/12/2019 at 17:58, Col81 said:

Tried to put £850 on saints to win regular season with skybet at 11/4 they will take £181 what a joke. I tried to put £75 each way ash handley 16s top try scorer they rang through offered me £19 ew. 

It's a farce

Betfred have the try scorer market too.  Could get some down with them too.

On 17/12/2019 at 19:14, The Phantom Horseman said:

Regan Grace at 25-1 with Hills looks a decent each-way bet in the top try scorer market to me. He finished fourth in this market last year, only 3 tries behind Makinson (who is favourite at around 8-1 or 10-1), if he stays healthy Grace shouldn't be far away.

Grace should be up there

22 try’s in 2019

18 try’s in 2018 

Archived