Brayden Wiliame leave Catalans

Walney

He was deeply underwhelming for the first season in France, but playing for Fiji in the 2017 RWC seemed to flick a switch and he came back to club Rugby a far better asset to the Cats.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

He was deeply underwhelming for the first season in France, but playing for Fiji in the 2017 RWC seemed to flick a switch and he came back to club Rugby a far better asset to the Cats.

Imo one of the main reasons was in 2017 he had a mixture of ‘wingers’ outside him in DuPont, Thornley.  Neither prove a threat in attack, so sides gave him a hard time.  A bit of that, a bit of his young age and an injury.

2018 was better and injury free ish.  He scored even less but a CC medal probably made up for that!

2019 was his best year for scoring.  He really looked the part and will be missed at Catalans.  Good Centre.

17 hours ago, Walney said:

I saw it mentioned on another thread about Brayden Wiliame leaving Catalans, and the BBC have confirmed it. Quite a loss in my opinion. Seem to let him go at rather short notice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50757293

I cant see anywhere which NRL club hes going to join.

52 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Anyone know what's going on with Tony Gigot? At one point he was meant to be the one going to St George!

I think he’s had his shot at the NRL.  

IMO he got slotted in as a FB with Cats but just hasnt worked for whatever reasons.  Sam Tomkins on the scene seems to clash with Gigot.

I still maintain he’s an out and out centre.  

58 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hopefully Catalans now re-sign Gigot after unexpectedly losing Wiliame 

I’d be amazed if he did.  From the outside it looked as if Guasch binned him the on principal of Gigot wanting a better deal but neglecting to remember that Cats stood by him with the drugs altercation.  

Archived