The off season again generates bad headlines for the NRL

It's been way better that last year lol

The arlc tough policies are stating to work 

Large monetary fines and suspensions will work eventually. 

Many nrl players are just idiots off the field despite all the training they receive from the nrl.about off field behaviour 

11 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I was going to say that it’s nowhere in comparison to last year. 

It’ll be interesting how the NRL deal with this having shut Barba out completely for what sounds like a similar offence. 

Ben Barba was a serial offender.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I was going to say that it’s nowhere in comparison to last year. 

It’ll be interesting how the NRL deal with this having shut Barba out completely for what sounds like a similar offence. 

theres still loads of court cases from last years offenses still to be determined eg hayne and debellin

as long as they stay away from that nightclub in bali lol

i mean how dumb is fafita.  he goes to the same club vanavlu goes too and causes problems there.  seriously these guys are dead set idiots.  a million dollars a year and they couldnt care less about the games image

We've still got 2 and a half months to go. I have enough faith in the players to turn this slump around and get back to the serious business of behaving atrociously while drunk. A nation depends on you, NRL players. Don't let us down. Where's Chris Sandow when you need him?

I think the NRL players are doing ok all things considered. 

If you had given the U19's team from Ince Rose Bridge that I played with a £million each then half of them would be in prison and the other half would be in rehab (or worse!)

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

We've still got 2 and a half months to go. I have enough faith in the players to turn this slump around and get back to the serious business of behaving atrociously while drunk. A nation depends on you, NRL players. Don't let us down. Where's Chris Sandow when you need him?

what happened last year was way worse than anything sandow or todd carney ever did.

this was after the players association had said to the ARLC they would become partners in the game if their pay demands were met (which they were).

and the media reaction to the new ARLC rules was to ridicule them.

if anything the new rules are way too soft.  20 percent off their wages for something that gives the game a black eye should be the starting point.

de bellen gets pad his full wages even though he cant play till his court date and the dragons only get part salary cap exemption i think.

they need to make some serious examples of players, especially some high profile ones

todd greenberg plays favourites with guys like burgess or inglis

he should never have written that character reference for inglis which basically helped him get a slap on the wrist by the courts

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I think the NRL players are doing ok all things considered. 

If you had given the U19's team from Ince Rose Bridge that I played with a £million each then half of them would be in prison and the other half would be in rehab (or worse!)

nah they are professional sportsmen who are trained how to act off the field.

i dont see premier league soccer players doing the same

they think because they are footballers they are above the law.

they are so well paid to play something they are supposed to love

train for three hours a day tops, then play nintendo the rest of the day

then play 80 minutes of football, and only put in effort when they feel like it.  if they dont like the coach then theyll play busted.

28 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

nah they are professional sportsmen who are trained how to act off the field.

i dont see premier league soccer players doing the same

they think because they are footballers they are above the law.

they are so well paid to play something they are supposed to love

train for three hours a day tops, then play nintendo the rest of the day

then play 80 minutes of football, and only put in effort when they feel like it.  if they dont like the coach then theyll play busted.

I know, my comment was mostly in jest but it had an underlying point.

The world has a significant proposition of idiots and they will remain idiots no matter how much money you give them or educate them on their behaviour.

As a sport, we should not be judged on how many idiots we have, more how we deal with them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I know, my comment was mostly in jest but it had an underlying point.

The world has a significant proposition of idiots and they will remain idiots no matter how much money you give them or educate them on their behaviour.

As a sport, we should not be judged on how many idiots we have, more how we deal with them.

Whenever one of these happens it's big news.  The league media here isn't like afl.  They love sticking the boot into the game

The game is judged.

Last year the arlc lost around ten million dollars in sponsorship because of it.  Clubs had problems getting new sponsors and existing ones wanted to walk out 

Broadcasters warned the arlc they would pay less for tv to rights next time

The incidence last year was way above the general population 

And we're talking about serious charges incolcijf domestic violence rape and assault 

Players have to accept responsibility for their actions

Playing league is a privilege.  If they don't respect the game enough go and find another job.

There are hundreds of kids that can take their place.

Archived