Problem with banking apps

In the last couple of days I have bought two things online and had to have them refunded almost immediately. The company sent emails for both items saying my refund request had been accepted and I would receive the money back. 

I checked on my banking app and the first refund had appeared. That was two days ago. After the second refund today, I checked my app and that refund hasn't appeared, not too bothered about that, might take some time for that to show up. Problem is, the first refund has disappeared from list of transactions and its showing my balance as being at the pre-refund level. What's even more confusing is the original purchase is shown as coming out of the account on the 9th when it was the 11th I made it. So taking both refunds into account, my balance is showing as £50 down on what it should be.

If I remember rightly this happened once before and it just reappeared a couple of days later. I know other people that have said they've had similar happen before and reading online other people have complained about being overdrawn when payments have shown as going out then seemingly having not done, obviously mine was opposite way round to that but same sort of thing. 

Seems like this is a common thing, just wondering if other people had noticed this kind of error before. I wouldn't be too bothered, like I say pretty sure it's happened before and it's just an error with the app but it is £50 we're talking about here. 

Right, done a bit of investigative work that involved cross referencing emails and raiding my bin for bank receipts. 

The payment showing up on the 9th is actually something completely different I bought on the 7th. The two payments were 9p different so was getting confused there. What has actually happened is the refunded payment has disappeared completely, no outgoing, no incoming, like it never happened and that's where the bin raiding comes into it. That same day I paid some money into the bank so I had to find the receipt from that to check what time I made that deposit cos it doesn't give the time on the app. I made that deposit 2 hours before the payment I had refunded and the balance now is the same as on the receipt so that money must have been refunded. Just gotta wait for the second one to show up now. 

How ridiculous that the payment and refund have disappeared off the app completely. I was getting really bothered for a bit there! Yorkshire Bank app is utter excrement! 

Archived