Batley 2020. 17

9' oller

Surprised no one has tried to hazard a guess at linners, karls, moxons and sparkys first 17.

Nobody has had vital surgery I don't think and it's only 7 new fresh bodies in rather than a full new team. Of those 7 there is positional doubling up but I'm glad again to have 2 proper hookers to operate per 80 mins.

Always liked Dale morton but is he In front of jc or rettie. Although usually dependable both are confidence players. Is linners a fan of wings coming inside for potential bump offs and line breaks or try using speed hugging the line.

Hooley.... play him in front of scotty. Never. Safe as houses and I'm sure we will see him score more either loitering with intent or using lingards speciality.

Brev and gledders I'm gutted to of lost (theyve certainly put in a shift) it's step up time with browny everret dicko or manu to get forwards collectively effective. I'm sure lunt will demand bodies to be available.

Although Dom was past it at this level (discos insistence of him taking line on or greediness) we greatly missed patches attacking kicks. Who will effectively look to clear us up field or get a repeat set.

Yates... far too much expected from him. At least leatherbarrow/ wheelbarrow wasn't monstered due to his size. White is a must

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I would say that shirt numbers 1-7 are settled, don't see much in 8 and 10, think they were given those numbers just because they were already here but not my choice of props, would have at least played Pick before either of those, not sure though that either him or Blagborough are number 8 material. Starting hooker Leak, 2nd row Walshaw and it'll be Manning probably but I'd like to see Joe T given a long run. Brown at 13, subs Lunt, Ward and either 2 of the 4 props mentioned. However, can we afford not to use Walker's pace out wide. My guess is that Linners first starting line-up will be as the first 13 shirts are. 

Linners is a sensible approachable and honourable man. Only negative is hes relatively inexperienced at coaching this level.

Craig will know how this fixture sits with us but also how friendlies are invaluable to a club. He has played a few for us but not always do well remembered past players make effective coaches. Rhino at fax Cunningham at st's...

I'm so glad Craig had the time under kear and also took the hurt at keighley with good Grace. 

I'm led to believe Karl hasn't made much input so far in terms of appearance? Worrying or does this highlight it's Craigs gig.

Some would do owt for a win (Tis shams) some just want to see all new bodies in the strip potentially 50 players pacing in the cold mud.

For me a batley win by 10.

6 on bench. Lunt and white show us what we were missing under diskin. Morton and lubby lucas traditional score. Few comings together with 4 yellows throughout and 2000 there

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

A decent game is all I want to see, and the win would be nice ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

A decent game is all I want to see, and the win would be nice ?

I will attend with my usual eager anticipation whilst also realistically expecting a disappointing "coach's run out" for 24 players each side with very few of the players understanding the true meaning of this fixture to the fans.

It will still be much better than turkey sandwiches and old films on the telly, however, and will provide one set of fans with temporary elation before the reality of the Championship kicks in once again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I will attend with my usual eager anticipation whilst also realistically expecting a disappointing "coach's run out" for 24 players each side with very few of the players understanding the true meaning of this fixture to the fans.

It will still be much better than turkey sandwiches and old films on the telly, however, and will provide one set of fans with temporary elation before the reality of the Championship kicks in once again.

Depends which ones.

53 minutes ago, silverback said:

have got me a couple of egg noggs ready for national lampoons christmas vacation,,:kolobok_popcorm1:

might have to grab dvd of game as its back in pinders 23rd.:kolobok_fie:

Good luck SB - hope everything goes OK. Not quite sure which one of us has the worst gig. ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Good luck SB, I remember being in DDH on the 23rd December 1991 having a back operation, no fun trying to eat the peas laying flat on your back, we should have been in the sun in Cyprus.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Good luck SB, I remember being in DDH on the 23rd December 1991 having a back operation, no fun trying to eat the peas laying flat on your back, we should have been in the sun in Cyprus.

sounds like fun rog,been waiting for this op 6 months now but had to spend 7 hours waiting in A&E folks fighting,sleeping on floor,drunk as skunks throwing stuff about,fellas in cuffs and blood all over, them nurses need more pay for putting up with all that pap.

be first boxing day have missed for a lot a years, bit more new pipeworks req.need to be right for first week a jan as am away to london for Tutankhamen exibition ,:kolobok_popcorm1:

11 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Linners is a sensible approachable and honourable man. Only negative is hes relatively inexperienced at coaching this level.

Craig will know how this fixture sits with us but also how friendlies are invaluable to a club. He has played a few for us but not always do well remembered past players make effective coaches. Rhino at fax Cunningham at st's...

I'm so glad Craig had the time under kear and also took the hurt at keighley with good Grace. 

I'm led to believe Karl hasn't made much input so far in terms of appearance? Worrying or does this highlight it's Craigs gig.

Some would do owt for a win (Tis shams) some just want to see all new bodies in the strip potentially 50 players pacing in the cold mud.

For me a batley win by 10.

6 on bench. Lunt and white show us what we were missing under diskin. Morton and lubby lucas traditional score. Few comings together with 4 yellows throughout and 2000 there

Doesn’t really need to be around so far I bet with no matches been played maybe after Boxing Day etc he’ll have a input...

also Cunningham didn’t do to bad at saints won the SL title with a strange HB pair... just got let down when he needed the support the fans and team...

Linners won’t be a bad coach give him time & the support he deserves.. 

Archived