Wolfpack fans visiting UK-France in 2020

RobertAM

How many of us are planning in going over to support the team on their SL debut? I hope there's a good number to swell the ranks of Sandy Shipley's Barmy Army!

I'm going to the March 22nd tilt against Wakey when we play at the new YCK stadium and if I can swing it gonna take the trouble n strife to Perpignan when we play Catalans.

9 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

How many of us are planning in going over to support the team on their SL debut? I hope there's a good number to swell the ranks of Sandy Shipley's Barmy Army!

I'm going to the March 22nd tilt against Wakey when we play at the new YCK stadium and if I can swing it gonna take the trouble n strife to Perpignan when we play Catalans.

I really wish I could go but I have to work.

My mom and I are going to Magic and Salford and if we can swing it Wakefield the week before Magic.

8 hours ago, RobertAM said:

If you want to go to Perpignan you should it's a nice city and the Palace of the Kings of Mallorca is awesome. If you can fly from Manchester to Girona, near Barcelona, and drive to Perpignan. The drive is sweet and if your wife likes shopping you can go to the Duty free country of Andorra. WE did it last year it was great. 

On 15/12/2019 at 13:20, RobertAM said:

i'm retired as of Dec 20th..at least until the money runs out!

Hope you're not one of those 1000s of GM workers who are being 'retired' on Dec. 20.

22 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Hope you're not one of those 1000s of GM workers who are being 'retired' on Dec. 20.

Nope...its by choice..been working since 1976..time to rest...need all my stamina to cheer on the Pack in 2020!

14 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Nope...its by choice..been working since 1976..time to rest...need all my stamina to cheer on the Pack in 2020!

Not to mention touring the beer tents. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

30 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

?

Being on this side of the pond now, It will be easy for me to see Wolfpack away games, probably much easier and cheaper than a Montreal-Toronto journey.

Already booked trips for Leeds (opener) and London in February.

Too busy in March, but will take a chance on booking a flight ticket for early April for round 6 of the Cup (I just hope they don't draw a team too far from Manchester). The Easter game in Perpignan seems costly in flight ticket. Night train from Paris could be an option though.

Then for May or June, one of the big plan is to take some kids of the Belgium RL academy to a Wolfpack game. I met them last month, most have never seen a RL game at all, not even on tv. They are 60 kids (12-19) enrolled in a RL program in their school. And they have started a U20 team that will compete at Rotterdam tournament in April.

Would be awesome to see them cheering for the Wolfpack, and meeting the players after the game. I just hope the players are as accessible in UK stadium than at Lamport.

Then for May or June, one of the big plan is to take some kids of the Belgium RL academy to a Wolfpack game. I met them last month, most have never seen a RL game at all, not even on tv. They are 60 kids (12-19) enrolled in a RL program in their school. And they have started a U20 team that will compete at Rotterdam tournament in April.

Would be awesome to see them cheering for the Wolfpack, and meeting the players after the game. I just hope the players are as accessible in UK stadium than at Lamport.

Sounds great . Sure if it was mentioned to the club they would be more than happy to oblige.

• 2 weeks later...

Flights booked on good ole Air Transat - off to join the UK WP supporters attending the game at York against Wakey and watch the Kneets take on Fev.  excellent!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2019 at 07:03, RobertAM said:

Hoping to go over but need to figure out a time that works.  It is entirely dependent on my sailing/work schedule.

2 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Hoping to go over but need to figure out a time that works.  It is entirely dependent on my sailing/work schedule.

CR, are you on the BC Ferries?

7 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

CR, are you on the BC Ferries?

Nope, I'm in the Navy.  Was in the Army for a long time and decided I felt like seeing what the middle of the ocean looked like, it's real grey ?

Specifically, I'm a Naval Warfare Officer, I drive warships.  It's really a lot less cool than it sounds ?

9 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Nope, I'm in the Navy.  Was in the Army for a long time and decided I felt like seeing what the middle of the ocean looked like, it's real grey ?

Specifically, I'm a Naval Warfare Officer, I drive warships.  It's really a lot less cool than it sounds ?

Trading the Army for the Navy?   There sure must be alot of jokes sent your way!

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Trading the Army for the Navy?   There sure must be alot of jokes sent your way!

Was an RCR Infantry Officer for over a decade so the jokes come frequently, then I remind them that I live in Victoria while they get to live in Petawawa ?

I also remind them that my exercises consist of sailing to Hawaii while theirs consist of going to Wainwright ?

In other words, the joke is on them ?

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Was an RCR Infantry Officer for over a decade so the jokes come frequently, then I remind them that I live in Victoria while they get to live in Petawawa ?

I also remind them that my exercises consist of sailing to Hawaii while theirs consist of going to Wainwright ?

In other words, the joke is on them ?

At least you didn't say. "Live at Gagetown"...or as I prefer Gagtown.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

At least you didn't say. "Live at Gagetown"...or as I prefer Gagtown.

The only place where you can find swamps on top of hills!  I'm from New Brunswick and grew up about 40 minutes from the Québec border so know all about it!

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

The only place where you can find swamps on top of hills!  I'm from New Brunswick and grew up about 40 minutes from the Québec border so know all about it!

You get lots of snow up there Man!   That drive down from Rimouski!!!...had some close calls over the years.  Lots of bush at Gagetown though....I know it well.

25 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You get lots of snow up there Man!   That drive down from Rimouski!!!...had some close calls over the years.  Lots of bush at Gagetown though....I know it well.

On average 500cm a year of snow ?

Great sledding country!  I've done a lot of back country skidooing up that way!  Also great hunting!

It's also generally cold as @$#@ in the winter lol.  I'm spoiled now!

Archived