PDC 2020

A little bit of history - Fallon Sherrock becomes the first women to win a match at the PDC Darts Championship!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Great game and thoroughly deserved. I feel for the loser, Ted Evett, as that's one monkey that he'll never shake off. 

Still. So happy for Fallon and the sport. 

Definitely he won’t . Bit of history for her though , well done 

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A little bit of history - Fallon Sherrock becomes the first women to win a match at the PDC Darts Championship!

what was her 3 dart average?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 18/12/2019 at 09:43, DavidM said:

Definitely he won’t . Bit of history for her though , well done 

As long as it happens a lot more in future, it won't be a big deal.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 19/12/2019 at 12:20, tim2 said:

As long as it happens a lot more in future, it won't be a big deal.

It just happened again! :kolobok_swoon:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It just happened again! :kolobok_swoon:

Took the dog out for a walk this morning, got back in and zapped some Quick Oats in the microwave.  Sat down on settee and turned the TV on. Remembered that the darts would still be going on so I put the Fox sports channel on and saw the 3 match winning darts that Fallon threw.  Great start to the day.

It’s a very good standard and there are probably 60 players in the world that can score 100+ averages on their day

its certainly more professional nowadays but in someways it’s lost it’s characters, I’m not harking back to the days of Jockey Wilson etc, 10-15 years ago when Manley and Mardle where in their pomp I thought there seemed to be some real rivalries 

That said i don’t miss Phil Taylor- good darts player yes, humble - No

Is there only me that doesn't get darts?

So many of my pals love it and its very popular with the brethren over at fev so its clearly an issue for me rather than anyone else 

Since when was a pub game elevated to this level of hysteria? Cribbage up next?

I really don't understand the hype and pleasure it so obviously brings to so many.

25 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

So many of my pals love it and its very popular with the brethren over at fev so its clearly an issue for me rather than anyone else 

I really don't understand the hype and pleasure it so obviously brings to so many.

What don’t you like about it?

I think a large part of it’s popularity is that the rules are simple, widely understood and all the drama is captured perfectly by the cameras.

Also as most people have played darts at some point there is a respect for how good these players are at the highest level compared to your own experiences.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

You write this based on a board dedicated to where a bag of air should be on a field. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived