PDC 2020

It’s the nip and tuck and the fact someone can be miles ahead and lose by a dart

Theres a bit of banter and it’s probably the only sport where fans will boo and hiss at both players and cheers them too

Players can be made to be pantomime villains one week and are heroes the next. There isn’t any real clubs or teams etc to be attached to so it can be supported as a neutral 

Unless it’s Phil Taylor or Aidy Lewis?

8 hours ago, TheDuke said:

It’s the nip and tuck and the fact someone can be miles ahead and lose by a dart

Theres a bit of banter and it’s probably the only sport where fans will boo and hiss at both players and cheers them too

Players can be made to be pantomime villains one week and are heroes the next. There isn’t any real clubs or teams etc to be attached to so it can be supported as a neutral 

Unless it’s Phil Taylor or Aidy Lewis?

How unlike the people's favourite, Mervyn King.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Price v Wright is shaping up to be a classic. 

Poor game by statistics but riveting to watch.

By rights I should support Gerwyn Price, but I can't stand him.

Well done, Peter Wright for deflecting Price's aggressive attitude.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Yes, there is just something about Price that makes him impossible to like! He threw another hissy fit tonight. 

Snakey is looking good but still he won't do MvG in the final. 

Nathan Aspinall looks to have what it takes to step up to the next level. Permanently. 

I love watching the PDC and there are some amazing young players coming through nowadays. 

What an absolute prat Price is . And he wonders why no one likes him ? It’s all giving it large and bully boy intimidation when it’s going well and then all the toys come out when he gets it back . He’s crossed the line against Whitlock and Anderson . He’s getting right arrogant . I was chuffed Peter Snakebite shoved it up him . I wish him luck ( finally ) in the final against his nemesis ... although if MVG plays like that he’s got a shout . Although I doubt he will . And Peter Snakebite seems to have a final , and MVG , mental block . Whereas MVG is comfy playing him i think 

• 3 weeks later...

looks like the BDO are on the ropes, prize money lowest for 30 years, poor ticket sales, never heard of the winner, not sure if it was on tv- sad to see the demise of a body that nutured all the legends like jockey Wilson - john lowe - eric bristow and even the mighty phil the power taylor 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 15/01/2020 at 20:43, graveyard johnny said:

looks like the BDO are on the ropes, prize money lowest for 30 years, poor ticket sales, never heard of the winner, not sure if it was on tv- sad to see the demise of a body that nutured all the legends like jockey Wilson - john lowe - eric bristow and even the mighty phil the power taylor 

There are some long-established figures in the game who have walked away from the BDO recently. I saw a semifinal on Quest TV, and while the crowd was better than the last BDO event I saw on the box, things don't look healthy. With Ollie Croft's recent death, maybe a healing of the rift could be more achievable.

The BDO would get a professional lifeline by linking up with the commercial success of the PDC, while the latter would almost certainly be happy to be connected with the BDO's grassroots and have some continuity from bottom to top.

It isn't like Rugby; the rules are still the same in both forms of Darts. The only thing hurt in a reunification would be certain individuals' pride.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Despite Sherrock and Suzuki , overall Ashton is the best female player . She’s put in some outstanding performances and averages . Scott Waites ... well indeed , what’s he been waiting for ? He was dismantling Wade at the top of his game ten years ago. Not sure about Andy Hamilton , he went to the bdo and didn’t do anything , and now is back 

On 18/12/2019 at 13:04, Futtocks said:

she was in our local "the ball and boot" in wigan, practicing on friday night seems a great girl.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived