Clare Balding

davet

A highly respected broadcaster who has only demonstrated enthusiasm whenever she has been involved with the sport.

Great news.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Great news. She is high profile and has always been an enthusiastic supporter of the game. 

Unfortunately I predict complaints from a couple on here.

Can’t be surely . Everyone likes her she’s high profile on terrestrial telly and she’s enthusiastic about the sport 

Superb appointment,given her professionalism and love for the sport.

Whether advantage can be gained from her contacts/work with other sports,The Olympics people,and both the BBC and Channel 4 remains to be seen.

She seems well connected,and amicable enough for that networking malarkey.

Other folk seem to have recognised her professionalism - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/an-obe-for-national-treasure-clare-balding-8856853.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46032962

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

13 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not sure what Adam's did during his time but great to keep high profile none RL people in this position.

Balding is a good appointment, but I think it is being announced a bit early. Adams isn't even halfway through his 12-month tenure yet.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Balding is a good appointment, but I think it is being announced a bit early. Adams isn't even halfway through his 12-month tenure yet.

My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that we are likely to see Balding at things sooner rather than later in her capacity as "President Elect".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Adams did criticise gambling sponsorship in RL (ignoring it in football) as his opening gambit but I haven’t heard much from him since. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Adams did criticise gambling sponsorship in RL (ignoring it in football) as his opening gambit but I haven’t heard much from him since. 

That will have been the interview in which he literally said gambling was.an epidemic in football, I imagine.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived