Jamaica - National Clubs

gnidir

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

who's going to set up the means of collecting the money?

Very good question.

As I have no idea how to set up a means of collection is it possible for Total RL to accept our donations and pass them on - apologies to Total RL if it is not possible to do this.

If it can be done our Sponsor name could be Total RL Forum Members.  If not we could be arguing longer than Brexit to agree on a sponsor name ?

10 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Very good question.

As I have no idea how to set up a means of collection is it possible for Total RL to accept our donations and pass them on - apologies to Total RL if it is not possible to do this.

If it can be done our Sponsor name could be Total RL Forum Members.  If not we could be arguing longer than Brexit to agree on a sponsor name ?

Think it’s best if TRL are asked if they want their name put on a clubs shirt first. They may want to stay completely impartial from being seen to favour any club(s) as I’m sure they get approached a lot for sponsorship. 

26 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Think it’s best if TRL are asked if they want their name put on a clubs shirt first. They may want to stay completely impartial from being seen to favour any club(s) as I’m sure they get approached a lot for sponsorship. 

Good point, we could give ourselves another name if they don’t want to be involved. 

39 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Very good question.

Agreed. We can ask TRL if they’re interested in being involved first, and if they’re not we can email the address on the ad and see what they say. The hard bit will be collating all of our money, I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology, maybe there’s a website which can help do that though. 

34 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Fair comment.  I just wanted to move it on by giving a suggestion that was probably clumsily worded.

It’s just that this seems a great initiative and it will probably fizzle out as there is no one point for the collection of donations.

Any other ideas out there?

6 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

C'mon Eddie, keep banging the drum!

How are we (you) going to collect the money?

I don’t know. Hopefully someone with some technical knowledge (mine pretty much extends to excel and google) can suggest something. Getting people to pay the money into my bank account would be too dodgy. Or maybe we could each pay our £10 over to the Jamaican RL if they’d be happy to co-ordinate it. If we get close to 50 people i’ll email them and ask for more info. 

56 minutes ago, Leonard said:

USD is about 1.30 to £1?

Still less than £400 though, if we can get 40 of us or maybe some people would put in a few quid extra (I would if necessary). 

That said it does say minimum $500, so will ask them if we get approaching that level of interest. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Still less than £400 though, if we can get 40 of us or maybe some people would put in a few quid extra (I would if necessary). 

That said it does say minimum $500, so will ask them if we get approaching that level of interest. 

Hi Eddie, 

They have released main sponsor packages at $500.

3 of the 7 have gone at this point.

They will be releasing other packages if these sell out in time.

Im told the cost is to cover the kit cost, which means the Association can then invest the usual spend here into further development.

The easiest way to collect the money is a website called Group Together. It is usually used by footy teams or classes wanting to put in for a group present. I was given one last week. It allows people to log in and donate to a central pot, individual  donation amounts are kept private and each person that donates can submit a photo and message that is printed on a card. The recipient receives a card connected to MasterCard they can spend on whatever they want.

FFD3D3AC-1D97-4D92-9D4E-4BCC627E7C9F.jpeg

Have spoken with the guys behind charity Dev Inno Ltd that have done donations/development in Serbia and Africa. They said they can act as central point take donations (tax deductible), issue receipts and contribute to the cause too. They don’t take a cut either. 

If this would help let me know and I’ll get it sorted. 

Archived