Hull KR to buy Craven Park & surrounding land

DoubleD

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Fantastic news, the more clubs that own assets, and can generate revenue from those assets, the better.

Rovers already own the leasehold and already get every penny generated from the stadium. For example next years Little Mix & Westlife concerts  will earn the club very significant sums.

5 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Hang on a minute, so all the tripe the kr fans give hull fc about not owning there own ground........ And yet kr don't either hahahahahahahaa embarrassing 

Hard to argue with that, although those who do come in very few numbers.

This is positive for us and opens up a plethora of opportunities. 

We're building for a brighter future one brick at a time ?

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers already own the leasehold and already get every penny generated from the stadium. For example next years Little Mix & Westlife concerts  will earn the club very significant sums.

Hull Training have total control of the North stand facilities 5 days a week.  Their profits stay with them.  HCC own the ground, HKR pay the lease and Hull Training rent their offices from HCC.  Not all so simple.

I do wish them well but hope they put a contingency in for cleaning the swale up between the stand and Lidl.  That and the floodlight maintenance contract.

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think HKR are dark horses for a play off place next season - hope so anyway would love to see them do it.  

Hang on, they came close but didn't actually get relegated so not sure how you work that out..

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Smith in charge for pre-season and some good signings. 

I meant the only chance of them being in a play off place would be if they were in the Championship.

The regular Rovers fans on here will be fully aware that I was on a bit of a wind up.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Like it. It would be good to see two strong Hull clubs in SL, the derbies particularly make fantastic viewing on tv. 

I also like this idea.  I think Super League should play up these rivalries a bit more.

We do this in North America a lot, especially in Ice Hockey and Baseball which are very old sports.  Ice Hockey has Original Six Rivalries as well as numerous local rivalries.  Baseball has some great ones as well.

They could call Hull Derbies the "War on the River".  Just hype it up!

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Fantastic news, the more clubs that own assets, and can generate revenue from those assets, the better.

Yes but there are other models like Canberra Raiders. Don’t own the stadium but own a bunch of houses, apartment blocks, sports clubs etc that all generate income that supports both the NRL team and grassroots. 

SL teams need to look at assets they can purchase, but for those unable to buy their stadium they should look at other revenue generating options. 

9 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

I also like this idea.  I think Super League should play up these rivalries a bit more.

We do this in North America a lot, especially in Ice Hockey and Baseball which are very old sports.  Ice Hockey has Original Six Rivalries as well as numerous local rivalries.  Baseball has some great ones as well.

They could call Hull Derbies the "War on the River".  Just hype it up!

They could add another three rivalry rounds so we can see them face off more often than the potential six times a year they already do!

In all seriousness, I agree, the rivalries are the simplest opportunity to increase coverage and attention, unfortunately the current lack of exclusivity kills much of that opportunity.

43 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

They could add another three rivalry rounds so we can see them face off more often than the potential six times a year they already do!

In all seriousness, I agree, the rivalries are the simplest opportunity to increase coverage and attention, unfortunately the current lack of exclusivity kills much of that opportunity.

Agreed. A 14 team league with home and away is the way forward. In fact I’m not even sure if Magic would be needed then and if it was it would be better in place of one round of fixtures instead of teams playing each other three times.  Teams could give up a home game alternately each season, like the NFL London Series. Then change the play offs so teams can’t play each other twice in that too, the top 5 format is convoluted. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Agreed. A 14 team league with home and away is the way forward. In fact I’m not even sure if Magic would be needed then and if it was it would be better in place of one round of fixtures instead of teams playing each other three times.  Teams could give up a home game alternately each season, like the NFL London Series. Then change the play offs so teams can’t play each other twice in that too, the top 5 format is convoluted and attendances are awful. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Hull KR to buy Craven Park & surrounding land

so.....how much, who pays and how? what effect will this have on money available to run the team?

As with all things Hull KR this will ultimately be funded by the chairman. Funds are not an issue and it is not  a charitable endeavour and will be self financing and possibly much more. The "surrounding land" and its use is key.

A read of the publicly available Hull City Council policies on the Preston Road area and Craven Park in particular should give enough clues as to the reason behind it. Their are a few sentences in there  that are very self explanatory . In addition the Preston Road area has been a regeneration area for some time now and there have and are various funding and grant schemes.

jus so long as the club does not over-extend itself with say, an interest bearing directors loan, or should it not end up as self-funding, or if ownership transfer to  the Chairman in case the club defaults.  Other than that, looks a good move on the part of HKR. 

Archived