Hull KR to buy Craven Park & surrounding land

DoubleD

21 hours ago, JohnM said:

jus so long as the club does not over-extend itself with say, an interest bearing directors loan, or should it not end up as self-funding, or if ownership transfer to  the Chairman in case the club defaults.  Other than that, looks a good move on the part of HKR. 

Neil isn't daft. He knows what he is doing.

On 20/12/2019 at 11:43, Marty Funkhouser said:

As with all things Hull KR this will ultimately be funded by the chairman. Funds are not an issue and it is not  a charitable endeavour and will be self financing and possibly much more. The "surrounding land" and its use is key.

A significant residential development in that area could make the club hundreds of pounds. 

People called Romans they go the house

58 minutes ago, MrPosh said:

A significant residential development in that area could make the club hundreds of pounds. 

The jest aside, 200 plus new builds at even a below market average figure for the postcode would generate an enormous sum for any RL club.

The chairman is well versed in the market and owns property around the country. This has been years in the making.

On 19/12/2019 at 20:26, JohnM said:

That's fine.. but what is buying Craven Park etc going to cost, how will the club pay for it and what effect will that have on funding the teams in the playing season?

In Neil we trust.

He knows what he’s doing. We’ve had our inconsistency on the pitch, like any side that’s not in the top 4, but honestly the progress off the pitch in the last 15 years - step by step, no daft over-ambitious moves - is phenomenal. Like night and day to where we came from. Jeez I remember how excited I was when him & Rob Crossland stumped the £250k+ or whatever to lay a proper pitch for the first time. Now look at where we are. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The jest aside, 200 plus new builds at even a below market average figure for the postcode would generate an enormous sum for any RL club.

The chairman is well versed in the market and owns property around the country. This has been years in the making.

Add in season tickets as part of the sale and increase attendances too!

On 19/12/2019 at 10:39, cookey said:

Very positive news,lets hope it progresses to completion and isn't just more of a talking shop.

Dare I ask if there is any similar news re the grounds at Castleford and Wakefield?

Oh dont get em started on that .I think they've run out of original artists impressions. I dont mean to be facetious, but both projects are really dragging on. 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Oh dont get em started on that .I think they've run out of original artists impressions. I dont mean to be facetious, but both projects are really dragging on. 

they were dragging on ten years ago lol

i bet if both clubs werent in super league and their entry into super league were conditional upon a new ground whether they both wouldve been sorted now

as it is, there isnt any real pressure on this as long as they dont get relegated.

if they got relegated and the harsh reality of life outside super league kicked in, there would be a lot more pressure bought to sort out both situations.

its a real shame neither has been done by now.

56 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What’s up with Belle Vue? Never heard anybody moaning about it .

Up the Trin 

Belle Vue and Parkside were both my favorite rug Rugby League grounds that was years ago .even Headingley became unfit for purpose. It took Leeds years to get their funding project off the ground.  It is very difficult for R? Clubs to upgrade or rebuild their stadia 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On 22/12/2019 at 09:50, Damien said:

Yeah its hard to believe that someone is looking for the bad in this.

Clearly that is not me, since I have a long lasting track record of positivity on here. Even the most ardent Hull KR supporter will feel better knowing the plan is viable. It would be a disaster if it all went wrong because it was a pie in the sky house of cards built on shifting sand.

Meanwhile, over in the Bradford threads..... 

Archived