Bradford Enquiry

Struggling to think of a reason why clubs would want to block this. For all the recent chirping about it, to have only four clubs in favour of an inquiry seems odd. Perhaps preferring a 'brush it under the carpet and hope it all goes away' approach?

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm amazed.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Struggling to think of a reason why clubs would want to block this. For all the recent chirping about it, to have only four clubs in favour of an inquiry seems odd. Perhaps preferring a 'brush it under the carpet and hope it all goes away' approach?

I'm not

So what do we do if there was an enquiry and it brings the same result as the ‘independent’ enquiry?  

imo, the Bulls need to get their heads down and let their performances do the talking.  

All this fight to bring whoever is responsible needs to go down another route.  Just another distraction for the team and the fans.

Maybe a number of clubs are thinking “there but for the grace of God”?

If they enquire about suspected dealings at Bradford, they’re setting themselves up for investigations for anything going on at their clubs.

And for the RFL, if they’re effectively operating at the whim of the clubs, where’s the independent oversight of the sport.

Only way this will get looked into if HMRC or other similar body get some look in or at some point allegations are made sufficient for the Police to get a look in.

Problem for the sport is that by allowing this to fester, it appears there’s something to hide even if there’s nothing to see here. 

I can’t believe they’re completely without sense so the fact they are, suggests they don’t want a light shining. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

18 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Maybe a number of clubs are thinking “there but for the grace of God”?

If they enquire about suspected dealings at Bradford, they’re setting themselves up for investigations for anything going on at their clubs.

And for the RFL, if they’re effectively operating at the whim of the clubs, where’s the independent oversight of the sport.

Only way this will get looked into if HMRC or other similar body get some look in or at some point allegations are made sufficient for the Police to get a look in.

Problem for the sport is that by allowing this to fester, it appears there’s something to hide even if there’s nothing to see here. 

I can’t believe they’re completely without sense so the fact they are, suggests they don’t want a light shining. 

I think as sport we have lost any serious credibility at this point.

22 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I think as sport we have lost any serious credibility at this point.

I think that is rather harsh.

Everyone seems to be ignoring Rimmer's point. The decision taken on Bradford were made by a fully independent board.

So doesn't having an independent enquiry into an independent board not sound ludicrous to you. Where does it stop? 

7 hours ago, John Rhino said:

Everyone seems to be ignoring Rimmer's point. The decision taken on Bradford were made by a fully independent board.

So doesn't having an independent enquiry into an independent board not sound ludicrous to you. Where does it stop? 

Fully independent?

The RFL Board currently comprises three Non-Executive Directors (Simon Johnson, Chris Brindley and Chris Hurst), in addition to the Chair (Brian Barwick), the RFL Chief Executive Ralph Rimmer, and the RFL’s Chief Regulatory Officer Karen Moorhouse, who is also Company Secretary.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

22 hours ago, John Rhino said:

Its not harsh.  As a sport we are facing extinction not from Rugby Union, but from the self interest within that have destroyed the sport at every level, driven away people of good character.

21 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Fully independent?

The RFL Board currently comprises three Non-Executive Directors (Simon Johnson, Chris Brindley and Chris Hurst), in addition to the Chair (Brian Barwick), the RFL Chief Executive Ralph Rimmer, and the RFL’s Chief Regulatory Officer Karen Moorhouse, who is also Company Secretary.

I'm pretty sure Barwick has been replaced as chair by Simon Johnson?

The question about 'independent board' is surely independent from whom? Yes, they are independent from the clubs (as opposed to the SL board which I believe is all the club chairman) but it doesn't exactly look Independent from the RFL.

And since the issue here is whether the RFL themselves acted properly, then the 'independent' board suddenly doesn't seem very 'independent'. The only way to have an independent inquiry is to have it conducted by people completely outside the RFL. And it doesn't look like they'll let that happen. 

You might ask why that is? I couldn't possibly comment...

Of course everything was done above board, with no questions needed to be answered. Some things that happened at Bradford, has no doubt been seen before at Crusaders, Wakefield, Halifax (Funny Mr Wood was involved there too) etc etc. I doubt any lessons will be learned from this by anybody. Bradford Bulls and the RFL for example are quite happy to have no transparency and feel they dont have to answer any questions on the matter. No real surprise that the game as a whole seems to have a similar attitude. Its why people often dont trust Clubs or those running the game.

3 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Of course everything was done above board, with no questions needed to be answered. Some things that happened at Bradford, has no doubt been seen before at Crusaders, Wakefield, Halifax (Funny Mr Wood was involved there too) etc etc. I doubt any lessons will be learned from this by anybody. Bradford Bulls and the RFL for example are quite happy to have no transparency and feel they dont have to answer any questions on the matter. No real surprise that the game as a whole seems to have a similar attitude. Its why people often dont trust Clubs or those running the game.

You may be right that the Bradford club is happy to have no enquiry, but I can assure you the bulk of the remaining supporters definitely are not.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

the need for one is pretty obvious. Seems clear the RFL are burying their heads in the sand, and waiting for Xmas to blow over and then the start of new season to take everyone's focus. It all stinks. let's admit it as a sport, own it, learn from it and move on. Sadly for the fans, I can foresee this current guise falling into the same traps as the last one

The R.F.L. have had an Independent Inquiry and found nothing untoward had happened. So what do you think should happen now? Have an Independent Inquiry about an Independent Inquiry and then another Independent Inquiry into that Independent Inquiry into that Independent Inquiry until you get the result you like.Seems to be a familiar trend nowadays to carry on protesting until  you get your own way.One way to solve your problem, take the R.F.L. and Nigel Wood to court,see how far you get.

Archived