Rob Burrow

Horrible news.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s heartbreaking, Rob was one of those rare players that I think was universally liked and admired by every clubs fans and player ?

Indeed.

Simply awful news.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

24 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s heartbreaking, Rob was one of those rare players that I think was universally liked and admired by every clubs fans and player ?

Absolutely. Hard not to respect what he achieved on the field, especially given that he isn't exactly built like a typical rugby player.

And he always conducted hinself with great dignity and class throughout his career.

As has already been said, what terrible news. I hope the sport will help in any way it can or how Rob wants and am sure it will.

Devastated for him his wife and the little ones, right before Christmas as well. Doesn’t bear thinking about what they’re all going through in these moments. But if there’s one thing we all know about Rob, a bloke who’s 5ft 6 doesn’t make near on 500 appearances at the top level without being a fighter and that’s just what he’s said he’ll do. 

I saw at least one person mention fundraising- here’s the official link that has been set up http://virginmoneygiving.com/fund/robburrow

In my prayers from now on, Rob. 

Archived